Team USA

white is right

Hall of Famer
JD1986 said:
Now the US team is down to one.

The overhyped Demetrius Andrade was defeated by Jungjoo Kim of Korea.
smiley32.gif

But the long-armed heavyweight Deontay Wilder was lucky...

Wilder didn't fight very well and was behind in the fourth round, but the referee deducted two points from his opponent and the fight ended as a draw. Then the judges decided to give it to Wilder.
smiley21.gif
I think Williams is still around. He looks decent, but the US team overall sucks. Too inexperienced and too over hyped for their accomplishments(or lack there of). It's been this way since about 92'.Edited by: white is right

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
I think Williams is still around. He looks decent, but the US team overall sucks. Too inexperienced and too over hyped for their accomplishments(or lack there of). It's been this way since about 92'.

Raynell Williams was eliminated on Friday - he lost 9-7 to France's Djelkhir:

result of Williams vs. Djelkhir

The only American boxer left in contention in Deontay Wilder, and he only won today because of poor officiating.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I just saw the Sadam Ali fight and he was schooled badly by his Romanian opponent. The Brooklynite basically panicked and reverted to an Iran Barkley style after being down 1 point. He like Javier Molina are greener than the grass I mow on my front lawn. In some ways having boxing on CNBC is probably where it belongs, considering the lack of world class skills these green Olympians posses.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The two Ukrainians advanced today. Featherweight Vasyl Lomachenko looked brilliant in defeating his Chinese opponent, Li Yang. Even some wiggers on boxingscene are raving about his potential.

Ukrainian super-heavyweight Vyacheslav Glazkov also won, and will face Zhilie Zhang in the semi-finals on Friday. Italy's Roberto Cammarelle defeated his black Columbian opponent, and will next face Britain's David Price in the semi-finals.

smiley32.gif
Three of the four remaining super-heavyweights are white.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Two white fighters from Ireland advanced today to the semi-finals on Friday, and so will receive at least bronze.

smiley32.gif

In the 48 kg category, Paddy Barnes won decisively, 11:5.

Light heavyweight Kenny Egan, who reminds me of Joe Calzaghe, shut out his Brazilian opponent by a score of 8:0.

Kenny EganEdited by: JD1986

white is right

Hall of Famer
I was just watching a preliminary bout and Bob Papa spoke more stereotypical garbage about pro heavyweight boxing. He called this era the worst ever in pro history. It's definitely not the best, but two eras in the heavyweight division have been worse and they both were within the last 25 years. I bet Papa and Atlas both share the same bed together in their comped suites........
smiley36.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Two idiots making stupid comments. Thats what Atlas and Papa are. I truly believe if Klitschko, Chagaev, Valuev, and the rest were around 20 years ago in boxing they would be dominating Tyson, Holyfield, and the rest of the superior black affletes. We will obviously never see that.

white is right

Hall of Famer
You know Atlas failed grade 6 geography class, when he states that an obvious Mongolian looking fighter from one of the Stans is European..
smiley36.gif
It's not a one time saying I watched a lot Stan fighters duking it out and he constantly does this, maybe he hits the bars before the broadcast.....
smiley11.gif
Edited by: white is right

Kaptain

Master
Atlas picked 6 Olympic boxers who would make good pros - whether they were eliminated or not. Not one was white and that's with Russia sending the most boxers out of any country.