Taxpayers fund globalist

Michael

Mentor
An article entitled "More Thoughts on NPR"

I have said it before and I will say it again: Every major liberal and left-wing cause for the past 50 years has been financed with taxpayers' money. Sometimes you have to look close and dig deep to find the connection, but this is the case, and never more notoriously the case than when dealing with NPR.

http://www.whitecivilrights.com/?p=5210

It is a big question how much of the anti-American agenda has been financed with taxpayers money. NPR is one very clear area but look at the propaganda that comes out of public finance universities and schools and agencies but what about private corporations and non-government organizations? Non-government organizations get grants and Private corporations get government contracts, licenses (like the FCC giving broadcast licenses), pork barreling bailouts and the big one the Federal Reserve gets to print money!

Without taxpayer funding where would the "elite" egalitarian agenda be? Without taxpayer money how many of our current rich "elite" would be penniless and probably in Jail? Government grants finance experts who makeup "scientific" findings that fit the government's agenda and are pushed by government funded private entities and non-government groups along with government organizations. How many of out "elite" families would be penniless if they didn't get government pork barrels projects, contracts and bailouts? It is likely that the government spends trillions to push the globalist agenda and keep the "elite" rich.

Observer

Mentor
Those are important questions raised in that last paragraph. And somehow, I doubt that the government will fund the answers to these question!

A very insightful quote, I think, that I stole from the comments on another website that are related to this topic: "...it's a problem... with all 'fiscal conservatives' who seek to separate 'social' and 'economic' issues. It is an arbitrary distinction, and a social liberal will, regardless of where they currently stand economically, always turn into a big-spending, Leviathan state leftist, because the aims of social liberals are so naturally repugnant to decent people that they require massive force to achieve and sustain.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i'm not sure this is the best thread for this, but i don't know where else to put it ... Media Matters' war against Fox.

i'm no big fan of Faux News, but it's "weird" how the even-more-liberal media outlets "encourage" their peers in the controlled-news media to exercise their Constitutional rights of the free press. they "encourage" the different (so-called conservative) network by doing all they can to silence it. or, as Media Matters chairman and founder David Brock said, the new strategy is a "war on Fox."Â￾

and as Don has so frequently pointed out when discussing potential opposition to the mainstream media, the money involved is HUGE. Media Matters has an annual budget in excess of $10 million.

below is a lengthy excerpt of how "compassionate" liberals treat those who disagree with them even a little bit. these tactics, not surprisingly, don't focus on presenting superior factual evidence, but on personal attacks and lawsuits. how "enlightened" and "free" of them.

... In an interview and a 2010 planning memo shared with POLITICO, Brock listed the fronts on which Media Matters â€" which he said is operating on a $10 million-plus annual budget â€" is working to chip away at Fox and its parent company, News Corp. They include its bread-and-butter distribution of embarrassing clips and attempts to rebut Fox points, as well as a series of under-the-radar tactics.
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">

Media Matters, Brock said, is assembling opposition research files not only on Fox's top executives but on a series of midlevel officials. It has hired an activist who has led a successful campaign to press advertisers to avoid Glenn Beck's show. The group is assembling a legal team to help people who have clashed with Fox to file lawsuits for defamation, invasion of privacy or other causes. And it has hired two experienced reporters, Joe Strupp and Alexander Zaitchik, to dig into Fox's operation to help assemble a book on the network, due out in 2012 from Vintage/Anchor. (In the interest of full disclosure, Media Matters last month also issued a report criticizing "Fox and Friends"Â￾ co-host Steve Doocy's criticism of this reporter's blog.)

Brock said Media Matters also plans to run a broad campaign against Fox's parent company, News Corp., an effort which most likely will involve opening a United Kingdom arm in London to attack the company's interests there. The group hired an executive from MoveOn.org to work on developing campaigns among News Corp. shareholders and also is looking for ways to turn regulators in the U.S., U.K., and elsewhere against the network.

The group will "focus on [News Corp. CEO Rupert] Murdoch and trying to disrupt his commercial interests ...