"Super Athletic" Black men can't jump really?

harold

Guru
just to clear up afew points there ,

look at that japanese documentary on youtube about
stefan holm
and will show that at each end of scale there is two
types of high jumpers.

trys to explain why he is able to jump like so, with such a basic standing vertical leap .think 24 inches or so.
but comes down to having very strong ankle ligaments and tendons at take off foot that able to
load muscles heavily and flip body over bar .
basically he needs to be able to load muscles to get
nessary recoil alot more than other springy type
guys with slower run ups.
why runs at such speed at run up and is at other end of scale for this type of jumper, only jumps high
from a running jump . beautiful .
different ways to jump high.

just look at recent monaco diamond league high jump
where robbie grabarz ( who looks alittle like holm even similar mannerisms)
is the more recoil type jumper
vs jesse williams the more springy depends on vertical leap more jumper.

also do believe maybe that white athletes in general
can develope naturally slightly more stronger tendons ,ligaments
why can do well as both types of jumpers
and in long jump where also nessary for take off leg
and why with decrease in steroid use that dont jump
as far as just cant get ankle strong enough as
steroid era and enable more speed and force
on ankle at take off in long jump more so.
and high jump also

also like to mention why stimulants help there
and why record holder in high jump caught using cocaine
besides whatever else .
as they help all muscle fibres contract all together more
for single max effort in vertical leap , besides obvious of making u feeel good .

Last edited:

Cartouche

You are right about the difference height, but your argument is invalid, here is why.

There is an ideal build for jumping, too tall and ability to jump is restricted, too short and lack of height lowers the potential distance from the ground you can jump. You also have to have amazing athletic ability to jump high.

Now there are many men black and white who meet this description, infact blacks overall are shorter but have more people in the 99th percentile of height. Look at the NBA, these tall black players are worshipped as amazing athletes and god like jumpers, do you really think there isn't thousands of black guys who fit this proto-type? If they were as super athletic as claimed, these black guys that match the high jump build criteria would be dominating year after year, Olympics after Olympics, but this is not the case

No, no. As far as I remember, young blacks measured in the NHANES survey from 90's really had a somewhat higher standard deviation than US whites (6.8 vs. 6.5 cm), but both these numbers are pretty normal. There are at least 15 European nations that reach higher values of height than US blacks. Even US whites and Australians are taller, although only by ca. +1.0 cm.

Cartouche

So how come and "super athletic and super strong" blacks can't dominate pole vault, have not break the record of triple jump that a white man owns, can't dominate walking races, can't dominate discus, javelin, hammer throw, shot put, decathlon, or other raw athletic events as triathlon, wrestling, weightlifting, rowing etc?

Oh I forgot, they have no access to these sports, these sports are super expensive blah blah blah..................You see blacks have free access to any "cheap" track event or long jump, but the field events I just mentioned are not allowed to the "poor black man" ................I pity and feel sorry for blacks in all honesty, so many excuses and lame claims only to avoid reality has never existed ever before!

PS
I thought 99,9% of the Afro-Americans claimed that they are bigger, taller and stronger than "weak" white boys, now it's the other way around only for you to find an excuse why blacks can't dominate high jump?
Sometimes I wonder how racist or sad one has to be for being unable to give credit to another race or group of people for their achievements in specific sports. I might be a pro white man, but I give credit to blacks for their achievements in sprinting and American Basketball, I won't look for excuses, it is what it is............i wish the black ones with the bruised ego could do the same for the rest 95% of sports that white men dominate and not look for excuses ;)

Your problem - like in all Us whites - is that you are completely brainwashed and the first touch with the reality may be so shocking for you that you will need several weeks to accept it.

Cartouche

Cartouche is an idiot coming on this board and trying to lie like that. Whites have always been the greatest vertical leapers on the planet. Even in volleyball and other sports. You can even look at little tiny gymnasts who have incredible vertical leaps. I suggest you do your research TB Prodigy if you want to stick around on this forum. You are not on blackathlete.com where you can just spit out lies about white athletes and get away with it. Whites dominate the high jump and hold the majority of all of the top marks in the event. We also sweep the medals in the mens and womens events at virtually every event.

THE FACT IS THAT "WHITE MEN CAN JUMP".

I accept the fact that this forum mainly serves for healing white guys' wounded egos and there is not much factual information... But at least, you should collect some information about the topic before you call someone "an idiot".

Cartouche

I was referring to Cartouche who states it's only height that lets whites win the high jump. Members have posted true facts and he's giving excuses. It's the same old nonsense like we hear about the Eastern Europeans in boxing, they are only winning because blacks are into other sports.

It is a matter of common sense that US blacks have a better jumping ability. This is a part of their anaerobic "equipment". But this automatically doesn't mean that they would jump higher. That's the point that I made.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
It is a matter of common sense that US blacks have a better jumping ability. This is a part of their anaerobic "equipment". But this automatically doesn't mean that they would jump higher. That's the point that I made.

I think saying: "US blacks have a better jumping ability" and then "doesn't mean they will jump higher" in the same post does in fact open you up to be called an "idiot".

Cartouche

Getting back to the diet thing, it's ridiculous. White high jumpers are the best because of athleticism. I'm tired of the excuses being made for every success whites have in sports. White and blacks are actually very close in average height so the comment that guy made is just ludicrous.

Please, don't want to ridicule yourself. You know a big zero about human anthropometry, so don't meddle into this topic anymore.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I accept the fact that this forum mainly serves for healing white guys' wounded egos .

Yeah all that stuff like sending spacecraft to the moon and Mars, and electricity and physics and civilization and stuff is not enough!! My wounded ego won't be healed until White people can run and jump like savages dammit!!

Cartouche

I think saying: "US blacks have a better jumping ability" and then "doesn't mean they will jump higher" in the same post does in fact open you up to be called an "idiot".

And I thought that it is pretty easy even for an idiot to understand: When one group has 7-times more better jumpers with a certain performance, but another group has 8-times more people with the average height of a top high jumper (193 cm), it means that the former group won't produce superior high jumpers.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
And I thought that it is pretty easy even for an idiot to understand: When one group has 7-times more better jumpers with a certain performance, but another group has 8-times more people with the average height of a top high jumper (193 cm), it means that the former group won't produce superior high jumpers.

And I thought a guy with such a good knowledge of anthropometry would understand some basic statistical analysis. Olympic competitors are not "averages" of their populations they are "outliers" on the high end of the bell curve. The Olympics are not standardized tests given to virtually the whole population but specialty events where only the top performers are picked, usually at a young age, and highly trained, at a large investment by the govt.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cartouche is a troll plain and simple. He is only here to stir the pot so we should all say goodbye to this loser!

freddie

Guru
Perhaps the best metric for basic jumping ability is the standing long jump. The world record is held by a White athlete.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
In trying to make reasonable sense of Cartouche's assertion that blacks have better "jumping ability" while not being able to outjump whites, maybe he means that they have better "hopping" ability, such as in hip-hop, where blacks do indeed hold all of the significant Guiness records. :eek:hwell:

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
In trying to make reasonable sense of Cartouche's assertion that blacks have better "jumping ability" while not being able to outjump whites, maybe he means that they have better "hopping" ability, such as in hip-hop, where blacks do indeed hold all of the significant Guiness records. :eek:hwell:

When some jacka$$ says something like, "Blacks jump better than Whites, it's just that they DON'T", it's sort of like when some loser watches someone do a really cool fighting move or dance move, and comments, "I could do that, but I don't want to."

Or, maybe they actually DO try, but obviously fail hardcore.

"I can do that—hold my beer!"

I wonder what Cartouche would say if someone claimed Whites are actually faster over 100 meters than Blacks, it's just that they're not actually faster than Blacks.

Wait. WHAT? (o_O)

dwid

Hall of Famer
actuaoly Eminem has them beat in many categories and some of the best underground artists are White like Aesop Rock, so they don't win there either :)

frederic38

Hall of Famer
[video=youtube_share;Pa9PrAhJbgM]http://youtu.be/Pa9PrAhJbgM[/video]

[h=1] Kevin Bania - Amazing World Record Jump
[/h]