Sultan Ibragimov vs. Shannon Briggs

Bart

Hall of Famer
Sultan opening it up a bit in the ninth. Had the big dude backing away in the ropes.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Best round yet for Iggy. Had Briggs in trouble. Remember that Briggs is a Don KIng fighter so Sultan could get robbed if it goes to the cards. Shannon looks ready to be KO'd.

G

Ibragimov did good in round 9. He's definitely in the driver's seat now.

Bart

Hall of Famer
my screen is too dark to see if he caught briggs and took him down or it was kind a throw down in the tenth. It goes to 11.

G

Iggy staggers Briggs with a hook, Briggs answers later with a thunderous hook.

That pretty much covers the entire round.

G

Bart said:
my screen is too dark to see if he caught briggs and took him down or it was kind a throw down in the tenth. It goes to 11.

It was a takedown.

G

11th to Briggs. We go to the twefth and thank god its almost through.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Well, its over. Ibragimov was busier and landed the better punches. Let's see if he gets screwed on thecards by Don King.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Only a couple flurries in the twelfth. i think his corner told him to stay away as it seems he has the fight. I'd be shocked surprised if Briggs wins.

G

Great, I just lost the feed in the last minute of the 12th...

I went through all that and now I'm going to have to go to boxingscene to get the scorecards.

G

Liverlips said:
Ibragimov wins. We have all the belts again.

Thank the gods. I'm not sure I could have survived another Briggs "performance".

Hockaday

Guru
I thought this fight would be a shoot-out, best chin wins. But, a win is a win. Is a win.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He did it!I watched the whole fight and Sultan just dominated.He was so quick,elusive and powerful.I can't say how proud I am right now.We are finally getting payback for all of the years that we have heard the lie that white men can't fight!What a load of crap.

These European Men are showing how it is to be done in sports.I couldn't be more proud.Now if only some of us white americans can get off our butts and compete more in all sports including boxing.Then we can put some of these stupid stereotypes to rest.Long live our white brothers.Congrats on a very good perfomance.WE HAVE ARRIVED AND WE ARE HERE TO STAY!
smiley32.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Sultan fought an intelligent fight, very cautious at first. As the fight progressed I think he became more confident as he realized how bad Briggs is.Edited by: JD1986

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
This is what Sham-man Briggs said while the cards were being tallied " I'm back and I aint going no where!" WTF was he thinking. The steroids must have addled his thought proceses. Great performance by Sultan. I became mad when Bernstein said that all the belts were held by Europeans. That is not true as Maskaev is a U.S. citizen.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
It's harder for American whites to get into boxing as all the boxing gyms and boxing programs are in the inner cities and geared towards blacks. When we can compete on an even level we win.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
yes my friends. It was a UD. But supposedly Ibragimov was a slow white fighter. Why was his handspeed superior. Why did he dominate every round? and why did briggs throw his hands up in the air like he won? Why is Sultan the new champion.We are breaking up the caste system slowly?but wait tommoroow how much of the media will have excuses as to why briggs lost.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
by the way guys. I had to root for the American Briggs. Because i am from this country and I have to root for my own. NEVERRRRRRR

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
I couldn't believe all the dumb ass whites in the audience rooting for Sham-man Briggs. This is about busting the caste dogma, not about what country one is from.