Suh worship...

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Kirk Herbstreit said earlier on "Mike and Mike" what we already knew, at least partly!

"That Suh can play hard for a lot of snaps compared to most DTs in football. That's what amazes me!"

Memo to Herbstreit, it's because Suh is ACTUALLY in shape! He is roughly 6-4 or 6-5 and 285 pounds. One can make the case that he's a DT in "the classic sense." He also doesn't have that big ass that most black linemen have.

All in all, he's doing some of the things that a classic White DT could do!... but WE are supposed to think that he's REDEFINING the position or something! I mean, DAMN, I can't help but laugh. Seriously, WOW!

He's a quality player and it's largely because he's in shape and has a streamlined physique. Most black DTs suck and are just there because they have black skin.

A BUNCH of 6-4+ 280 pound White men should be starting DTs in college. Just think of all the huge White "o-linemen" that are 3rd-stringers on their college team. Their team will NEVER try them out at DT. That is disgusting.

Phil Hansen went to North Dakota State, Jared Allen and Jeff Charleston to Idaho State, Kroy Biermann to Montana. These programs should be very attractive to White defensive studs. Throw in South Dakota State and some other programs of course. Considering the fact that the Minnesota Golden Gophers are ODing (overdosing) on affletes, these "smaller" programs are likely going to continue getting White studs. If I was a White stud from Texas or Louisiana or Florida or Alabama, I would contact those Northern schools because I am racially aware and I would love to have a bunch of White teammates. Wouldn't you?

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Hey Deadlift, I hadn't seen Nebraska play much this year, so my first really good look at them was the Texas game. When I watched Suh basically "juke" his double-teams and make a clean break to the QB, I was mentally noting that he plays like a white guy!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Exactly!

I see that Phil Hansen was also born in North Dakota, but we are supposed to believe that White talent is "so lacking" these days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Hansen_(American_football)

I have a Phil Hansen card from 1991 and he was listed at 6-5 and 258 pound Defensive End. It's a "Star Pics" card that shows him in his NDSU Bison gear.

"Pro Football Weekly" compiled the profile on the back of the card.

Under "WEAKNESSES" - it says "Lacks bulk and strength." Last time I checked, there were still some 260 pound DE's in the NFL. Of course, I believe Hansen did add weight. Hansen was only 23-years-old in 1991!!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Suh deffinitely is a good player;You could say he is a "high motor guy". He is able to split double teams and his presence has helped Jared Crick(white dt) make plays opposite of him.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Deadlift has a good take on Suh's skills and hard work. He doesn't have to take plays off like most of the black sumos, and he is a good player.

Defensive linemen in D-1 college and the NFL should rarely weigh over 300 lbs.-maybe a few NGs in a 3-4 alignment, that's all.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I've watched all of Nebraska's Big 12 games this year and I can say that Suh is one of the more dominant players in Div. 1. Like you guys have said, it is because he is in shape. He doesn't have the mountains of flab on so many of todays "affletes." His presence also helps Jared Crick make plays. (As Celtic said.) Suh definatly plays most of the game, I usually never see him go out. Also, when describing him a couple of times, I think I've heard some annuoncers call Suh "high motor" at times.

dwid

Hall of Famer
The most records in a single season by a DT still has yet to be broken. Keith Millard 6'5 264 pounds in 1989 had 18 sacks. Suh is good, and his size/way he plays should lead to more White guys getting opportunities. If he becomes the prototypical DT instead of fat space eaters, you will find more White players that fit the mold than black.

Brian Young was the last DT that i watched regularly, had 6 sacks in 06 at around 30 years old in limited playing time. Also was he main reason why the Saints held Adrian Peterson to 30 yards in 08. He was listed at 290, but was smaller than the defensive ends listed at 280, and he seemed to play with more strength than guys like Hollis Thomas who are 320+Edited by: dwid

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Suh's in shape unlike the Bama DL sumo Terrence "Mount" Cody...all 365 of him. They list him at 6'5, but he looks about 6'3 to me. Hopefully, Crick will continue to improve & become the stud next year!

StarWars

Mentor
Deadlift said:
Exactly!
I see that Phil Hansen was also born in North Dakota, but we are supposed to believe that White talent is "so lacking" these days.

[

First off, when I read the title of the thread I thought I was going to have to go ahead and disagree with you guys about an overhyped afflete, but once again everyone's opinion is just spot on. Suh is damn good, and he plays like a white player! He hits, doesn't have a gut or negro strut, and has a high motor. I get the same feeling when I watch the Patriot's Sammy Morris, Brandon Jacobs, and Troy Brown.

And the point of the quote above is spot on. The media wouldn't want you to know this but a little before Wariner's sub 43.5 peak in 2007, two white boys from Minnesota broke 45 seconds in the 400, being a silver medalist and 400m finalist. They were Andrew Rock and Adam Steele, respectively. Here's what matters: they were form MINNESOTA. When white guys can develop discrimination free away from blacks, and also develop later at their more natural maturing point (and white guys DO develop later), they prove to be just as athletic as the affletes, or even more so because we actually have coordination. Another reason why the only non-mixed race to win the decathlon is the white race. Surprising, NOT! I'd also like to point out we are stronger big men, mainly because whites are LARGER and TALLER and have LARGER PENISES than blacks. What? Oh, yes. Call this counterintuitve Monday, haha.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Suh was announced as the winner of the Bronko Nagurski (named after one of those racistwhite guys) award for the nation's top defensive player. Now, whether or not he is that is debatable, but he is deserving of the award, nevertheless. He's also been selected as one of the five finalists for the Heisman. One of the reasons, I think, that he doesn't look like, isn't conditioned like, and doesn't play like a normal obese sumo DT is that he isn't a product of the American black ghetto, like so many top defensive "stars".

StarWars

Mentor
Deadlift said:
StarWars,

There are indeed tons of huge White men in the Midwest, even in areas that aren't heavily populated! Here's just 3 of them...

http://www.unipanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kruger_dan00.html

I hope this big DT can be a star in the future.

http://www.unipanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/teply_jay00.html

http://www.unipanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/blessington_mark00.html

I am aware that fully mature whites are the largest race on Earth, and also the reason we are the strongest race. But it takes more time for us to develop. It is possible that this changes by the latitude you live in but I am pretty sure that this is genetic and has to do with us coming from a more northern climate. Negroes go through puberty earlier. Maybe that is why they have such horrendous coordination, toughness, and strength. I'd very much like for whites to sprint into their late twenties, because I'd bet they'd find they catch up to the affletes. Either way, whites are indeed more athletic than blacks in almost every facet of the term, except top speed and maintaining it, like that matters.

Also, is this just me or is the reason negroes can't throw a football or look even semi-normal when playing sports they don't already specialize in (and often ones they do) because they have such long arms? Perhaps it is their dumb mannerisms that leads me to believe they have longer arms.

Indeed. Suh is so good because he plays like us. I wonder if the media notices this, or just deams him a "SUPER AFFLETE." lol.

dwid

Hall of Famer
From what I have learned in my child/adolescent pyschology class, early maturation can come from eating a poor diet, lots of junk food. Not sure if that is the real reason but it was stated that black kids do tend to reach puberty before White kids, and when i attended a majority black school, I remember the black kids eating nothing but junk food.Edited by: dwid

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
dwid said:
From what I have learned in my child/adolescent pyschology class, early maturation can come from eating poor diet, lots of junk food. Not sure if that is the real reason but it was stated that black kids do tend to reach puberty before White kids.

Their diets are 90 percent protein and from all the wrong sources. While protein is great obtaining it from fried chicken and all the other greasy crap they eat isn't healthy.

StarWars

Mentor
dwid said:
From what I have learned in my child/adolescent pyschology class, early maturation can come from eating poor diet, lots of junk food. Not sure if that is the real reason but it was stated that black kids do tend to reach puberty before White kids.

This may explain a lot. A mother's touch has been proven to help a baby gain weight! Even so, be careful with Freud and psychology. It's pretty much what atheist Jews do in their free time.

Kaptain

Master
Yah Suh is a good player. But lets call this what it is: the glorification of anyone but Toby Gerhart in a desperate media effort to steal the Heisman away from him. Espn is pushing Suh and Ingram. Of course, the choice of Ingram makes no sense at all because Gerhart's numbers are so superior in playing the same position - enter the glorification of Suh.

I actually heard one idiot on the "Sports Reporters" say that Ingram should win it because Alabama is undefeated (never mind McCoy and Texas) then this same clown said that he almost voted for Suh. Never mind that Nebraska has 4 loses (no wins against ranked opponents) just like Stanford. He might as well have said, "just give it to anybody but Gerhart."

dwid

Hall of Famer
Yes, that is basically what they are doing. If Toby didn't have a monster season, I doubt they would have invited a DT, or any player that only played on the defensive side, but since a White halfback is the most dominant offensive player this year, they made Suh a finalist. A week ago he wasn't really being talked about for the Heisman, now he is a late "dark horse" candidate. Toby should win, 1700 yards and his 26 rushing tds ranks 3rd in NCAA history.Edited by: dwid

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
Yah Suh is a good player. But lets call this what it is: the glorification of anyone but Toby Gerhart in a desperate media effort to steal the Heisman away from him. Espn is pushing Suh and Ingram. Of course, the choice of Ingram makes no sense at all because Gerhart's numbers are so superior in playing the same position - enter the glorification of Suh.

I actually heard one idiot on the "Sports Reporters" say that Ingram should win it because Alabama is undefeated (never mind McCoy and Texas) then this same clown said that he almost voted for Suh. Never mind that Nebraska has 4 loses (no wins against ranked opponents) just like Stanford. He might as well have said, "just give it to anybody but Gerhart."

I completely agree with you.

Personally, I'm disgusted that Suh is a finalist for the Heisman. And then people are whining that Spiller isn't a finalist, but they are NOT saying that Suh shouldn't be there!

I'm sure I could open the vault and find White DTs that put up monster numbers in the last 20-25 years (in college), but they didn't receive anywhere near the press that Suh (or the morbidly obese Glenn Dorsey, BJ Raji, etc) have gotten.

I didn't watch the BIG 12 Championship game, but from seeing the highlites it looks like Colt McCoy "ran into" 2 or 3 of those sacks! I remember when Georgia had Richard Seymour and Marcus Stroud side-by-side and Tennessee had John Henderson and Albert Haynesworth side-by-side. I would say that Suh isn't the pass-rusher that Seymour is/was, and Suh doesn't possess the physical strength that John Henderson has.

And, yet, ESPN quoted someone (jock-sniffer most likely) as saying that Suh "is the best DT/DL that I've seen in the last 25-years!" I find that hard to believe... Again, the media ACTUALLY found a black lineman that's in shape, and they are milking-it for everything they can squeeze-out of it.