the way Billy Volek produced last season, is there any question who
would be starting at this point? As for Stokley, his situation is
amazing. Here is a guy who had over 1000 yards and 10 TDs last season,
and was an integral member of the most prolific passing offense in NFL
history. I have watched the Colts' games this season, and he is barely
playing at all. Last Sunday, he was on the field for 3 plays the entire
game. 3 plays! Can you imagine the yelling and complaining that any
black WR would be doing about this, in the same situation? Yet Stokley
just stands there smiling, undoubtedly happy that his team is winning.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I agree with you about McNair, but up until their last game the entire Colts offense has been anemic. Stokley did as well as he did, even as the third WR, because Manning was on his way to breaking the all-time season record for TDs. I'm not saying he shouldn't be and couldn't be a No. 1 WR somewhere, but with the Colts offense back in Earth orbit this year, its going to be tough for us to expect Stokely to have another year like last year, especially as the No. 3.Edited by: White Shogun

Spooge

Guru
Put a team together with: Stokley, Shockey, Bennet, Lumsden,
quarterback it with Manning (take your pick , Payton or Eli) and
an all white front line... The results should be
overwellming!

G

stokley had a bad broken arm or something like that. it kept him out for a while this year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Stokley had a separated shoulder at the beginning of training camp but was healthy for the season opener. In fact, he had a good game in the opener but hasn't since.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I find it very odd that they are both not getting more passes thrown their way though.Especially Stokley.He was Mr.Reliable last season as he caught everything thrown his way.I hope he goes to Manning and talks to him.I don't know what it is,but Brandon is too good to have more passes thrown his way.As for Bennett,it is mostly because McNair is just not getting it done period.No one on that team is having a good season.I wonder how long it will take before they even hint of removing him to spark the team.If and when it happens,it will probably be too late to save this season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Titans finally won a one against the lowly Texans.Drew Bennett had 5 catches for 99 yards and a touchdown.He still is only getting around 3-5 passes on the average thrown to him.He is a number one receiver who is open a hell of alot more than he is thrown to.I just don't know what McNairs problem is.Drew could make his life alot easier if he would just get him the ball.

What is up with Stokely?Is he hurt?I didn't see him in the box score hardly at all.It's still early in the game and I'm not watching it,but still no Brandon siting.I hope he is ok and they start getting him the ball soon!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Finally a Stokley appearance.He had 6 catches for 59 yards in another big Colts victory.Way to go Brandon!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just checked nfl.com for the latest receiving stats for the whole nfl.Drew Bennett has 346 yards so far this year.He is averaging a whooping 18.2 yards per catch.That is almost 2 first downs every time he touches the ball.Get this though,he has only 1 touchdown.How does the Titans number one receiver have only one score.
I'll tell you why.Steve ERROR McNair.lol.Even still,Drew is 16th in the nfl in receiving.Not bad for hardly getting any passes thrown his way.I'm hoping that he will get 1000 yards even with an idiot at qb.

Actually, not every time he touches the ball. When Bennett gets
hit, he drops the ball.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Hey Gratelakes, are you just trying to get a rise out of us here on Caste Football or what? Musta had money riding on that game or something.
smiley4.gif

You should be ashamed. Shame! Shame on you!
smiley9.gif
Edited by: White Shogun

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bennett is doing just fine for me in the fantasy league. We won't have to wait on McNair much longer. He'll be gone for good.