Steelers/Jets

IceSpeed

Guru
Oh Brian!!!!!!!!!! I feel sorry for him.

Decent game. Anybody see some blatent offensive interference by
Santana Moss and other Jets' receivers. Kevin Mawae did not play
particularly well all the time. Where did the Jets' run defense
go at the end? Bettis and Staley were killing them.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I live in the Pittsburgh vicinity, and if the Steelers had lost to the Jets after going 15-1 in the regular season -- and they should have lost -- so many people in this area would have gone into a deep depression for weeks and maybe months. A lot of their self-worth and the way they feel about their city depends on how a group of football mercenaries called the Steelers, who are here solely because of the luck of the NFL draft and trades and free agent contracts, perform on the field of play.

The fans of every other NFL team are no different. It's amazing the hold the NFL has over the American psyche.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Tell me about it. I'm in Indy right now on business. People here are definitely depressed.

Realgeorge

Mentor
DW is exactly accurate about the effect of the NFL High Mass every Sunday. Replacing the Blessed Sacrament or The Rapture, the NFL home team's game being televisedis now The Body and Blood or the Brotherhood Service. To the whole city, instead of the ChristianSunday Ceremony we have the Football Game. It works wonders in New Orleans -- after decades of repeated losing, many whites in and around New Orleans have some palpable feeling of being "losers" based on the performance of the football Saints. It started as the "Aint's" and "Bagheads" where embarrassed fans wore paper bags on their heads to hide their shame. The Benson-owned franchise is so hopeless that many fans have dropped their passion for the NFL altogether ....

..... and therein lies the key to deliverance! Prologned losing makes fans lose interest, and MAYBE even reject the religion altogether. The complete elimination of white players from the team also alienates fans, some to the point of rejecting the religion. And SOME fans actually re-join normal society after dropping the NFL religion, and become somewhat productive once again.

Perhaps we are hoping for the wrong thing. Maybe it would be WONDERFUL if the NFL simply outlawed white players altogether. What a welcome event. It would soon drive thousands of fellow whites out of the Sunday Ceremony. After a brief mourning and self-hating period, the white rejectee resignedly adopts other, betterSunday activitieslike hiking orhunting or fishing or exercising, and drops the NFL religion, and becomes a normal citizen again.Edited by: Realgeorge