Stand up and be proud

snowflake

STAND UP BE PROUD ,AND QUIT WHINING.NO ONE WOULD BEAT THESE TEAMS!

ALLTIME NFL WHITE DEFENSIVE TEAM

Defensive line
Bob Lilly -Raiders(DT), Merlin Olsen- Rams(DT), Howie Long -Raiders(DE), Jack Youngblood-Rams(DE)  ;

Linebackers-
Jack Lambert -Steelers(LB), Sam Huff -NY Giants(LB), Dick Butkus-Bears(LB), Jack Hamm-Steelers(LB)

Defensive Backs
Jason Sehorn -Giants(DB), Paul Krause -Vikings(S), John Lynch -Bucks(DB)

ALLTIME NFL WHITE OFFENSIVE TEAM

Offensive Line
Dan Dierdorf-Cards(OT), John Hannah -Pats(G), John Webster -Steelers(C), Forrest Gregg-Packers(G), Ron Yary-Vikes(T)

Receivers
Dave Casper -Raiders (TE) Steve Largent -Seahawks(WR)

Backs
John Riggins-Skins(RB), Bronko Nakurski -Bears(FB),Paul Hornung-Packers(RB),Johnny Unitas -Colts (QB)

Edited by: snowflake

Deus Vult

Mentor
Lose Sam Huff and pick up Brian Urlacher. Urlacher is one of the few modern players whose name belgins with the all-time greats.

Add Jake Scott at DB.

white is right

Hall of Famer
You have some mistakes. Lilly was a tackle for the Cowboys.Long was an end. Also your lack of depth at defensive back is bad even by caste standards. Larry Wilson was the prototypical safety and Roger Wherli was a shutdown corner in the 70's voted on the all decade team. Pat Fischer was probably among the best corners in the 70's too. Also Don Maynard and Bambi would have to be among the recievers. Since from your picks you are obviously young, you probably don't know about Leo Nomellini and Gino Marchetti possibly the two best defensive linemen in the 50's to early 60's. There were other running backs that you forgot too. Also Jim Thorpe was at least half white(Irish and French), so you may want to include him he was voted the greatest player of the first half centurty........

snowflake

white is right said:
You have some mistakes. Lilly was a tackle for the Cowboys.Long was an end. Also your lack of depth at defensive back is bad even by caste standards. Larry Wilson was the prototypical safety and Roger Wherli was a shutdown corner in the 70's voted on the all decade team. Pat Fischer was probably among the best corners in the 70's too. Also Don Maynard and Bambi would have to be among the recievers. Since from your picks you are obviously young, you probably don't know about Leo Nomellini and Gino Marchetti possibly the two best defensive linemen in the 50's to early 60's. There were other running backs that you forgot too. Also Jim Thorpe was at least half white(Irish and French), so you may want to include him he was voted the greatest player of the first half centurty........
You are correct,I reversed them by mistake and Howie was one of the only DL to play all three positions DE,DT and NG .I followed his career from Villanova to the pros.You are right about Nomellini ,he was a ten time all NFL.I just listed some more modern players to prove a point"we're still around".The same with DB'S Sehorn and Lynch ,they are more current.Since I allowed 11 aside,players were left off that certainly desreve to be there.Edited by: snowflake

whiteCB

Master
What about Randy White on the D-line? Zach Thomas may also make this team before his career is done. I think Lambert was the better LB than Ham so if one LB had to be replaced I'd go with Ham(not to say Ham is bad by any means though).

white is right

Hall of Famer
The punter should be Ray Guy and the kicker should be George Blanda.........
smiley36.gif