Stallworth Case

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kill someone, do 30 days. Seems about the going rate of punishment for black athletes these days.

Almost as often as one reads about affletes being arrested for crimes, one reads stories a bit later on how the charges have been dropped or reduced down to almost nothing. How often does it work out so favorably for the average white Joe in this country? Only on very rare occasions.Someone needs to do some research on how often criminal charges against black athletes end up being dismissed. My guess is that the percentage is very high.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I personally know several people from my neighborhood who had the same charges. They ended up doing several years. I read something about this case that since the victim contributed to the accident by jaywalking Stallworth received a light sentence. This is the biggest bunch of crap around.

whiteCB

Master
I honestly I have to say I think wealth is the key factor in Stallworth getting out so easily. I can guarantee you a poor black guy would never get out this easy nor would a poor white man.

This incident is Leonard Little II.

White Power

Mentor
the victims family is more concerned about how much their getting than justice for the victim. Once again money trumps a human life. I know I would want him punished and still end up sueing him for damages, but I bet the family was told to go easy on Stallworth and they would receive a bigger cash settlement sickening just sickening.

icsept

Master
The first thing that comes to my mind is how this guy still has an NFL job and Matt Jones does not?! Jones did a line of coke - this guy killed someone. Jones got a week in jail for drinking a beer on the golf course! This guy gets 30 days for killing someone while drunk twice the legal limit.

Career stats:

Jones54 games, 2153 yds, 13.0 avg, 15TDs
Stallworth 95 games, 4383 yds, 14.8 avg, 32TDs

Jones is two years younger with more upside. I know this is a Stallworth thread, but every day that goes by without Jones being signed is infuriating me.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
icsept said:
The first thing that comes to my mind is how this guy still has an NFL job and Matt Jones does not?! Jones did a line of coke - this guy killed someone. Jones got a week in jail for drinking a beer on the golf course! This guy gets 30 days for killing someone while drunk twice the legal limit.

Career stats:

Jones54 games, 2153 yds, 13.0 avg, 15TDs
Stallworth 95 games, 4383 yds, 14.8 avg, 32TDs

Jones is two years younger with more upside. I know this is a Stallworth thread, but every day that goes by without Jones being signed is infuriating me.

Brilliant post! Don't forget that Matt Jones is bigger, stronger and has a slightly faster 40 time than Stallworth. Jones also had to "switch" to WR for the NFL along with his QBs being shuffled around his first couple years.

Jerry Jones is also thinking about bringing back Pac Man Jones before signing Matt Jones. The latest evidence points to Pac Man very possibly being responsible for ordering someone in his entourage to shoot two men. It was a man and his friend that had the "nerve" to simply ask for a girls number (whom Pac Man wasn't even dating) that was with Pac Man at a club. This is in addition to him being involved in the paralysis of a bouncer at another club. Pac Man is the definition of a dangerous low life thug who has had numerous run ins with the law. Jones simply made the mistake of trying coke. One's a likely attempted murderer one's simply a "former" possible coke "addict".Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I am getting sick of this crap. Ok, so if you're a black athlete, you can do pretty much anything you want, including killing a man, and still play in the NFL that year. Simply disgusting.
smiley7.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
kill a man while driving drunk ... 30 days in jail, because you're a good person who just made a mistake. that is, if you're black.

drink a beer on the golf course ... become THE face of untolerable criminal behavior in the NFL and apparently banned for life. that is, if you're white.

perhaps Matt Jones should've jumped in a golf cart and gone careening madly about the course, running over any oldsters he could find. then he, too, would qualify for the NFL's open arms policy of embracing thugs who kill people.

*is VERY angry*

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
kill a man while driving drunk ... 30 days in jail, because you're a good person who just made a mistake. that is, if you're black.
<div></div>
<div>drink a beer on the golf course ... become THE face of untolerable criminal behavior in the NFL and apparently banned for life. that is, if you're white.</div>
<div></div>
<div>perhaps Matt Jones should've jumped in a golf cart and gone careening madly about the course, running over any oldsters he could find. then he, too, would qualify for the NFL's open arms policy of embracing thugs who kill people. </div>
<div></div>
<div>*is VERY angry*</div>

I'm angry too Jimmy. This is simply inexcusable!

I must say your term "oldsters" has me laughing pretty hard. Good stuff man!
smiley32.gif

NorCal831

i dont know about black athletes being able to do whatever they want. onterio smith (from oregon) gets basically kicked out of the league because he likes to smoke weed. mike vick has some dog fights at his house and he goes to a federal prison. its sad that there was all these public protests against vick for having some dog fights and donte stallworth kills a human being and there isnt a protester in sight.

Pierce

NorCal831 said:
i dont know about black athletes being able to do whatever they want. onterio smith (from oregon) gets basically kicked out of the league because he likes to smoke weed. mike vick has some dog fights at his house and he goes to a federal prison. its sad that there was all these public protests against vick for having some dog fights and donte stallworth kills a human being and there isnt a protester in sight.

Agreed. It has nothing to be with his being black. Dany Heatley drove recklessly,killed his teammate, and was charged with vehicular homicide as well. He pled down to a lesser charge,didn't do a day in jail, and played for the Thrashers that same season.

In Stallworth's case, thevictim's family, the attorneys, the prosecutors, and the judge all agreed to the sentence because of the exigent circumstances surrounding the case. Reyes was drunk, and ran infront of the car outside of the crosswalk.Stallworth, while startled, was still able toflash his lights to let the guy know he was coming, but couldn't get out of the way in time.The principals of the case pretty much agreedthat he would have been hit whether Stallworth was drunk or not.

I think ultimatelythe 30 days was just for theDUI, while hitting Reyes was treated as an accident, and settled on the civil side.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
There is no question athletes of all races get favorable treatment because of their social status. Also they usually have money and can pay for good legal help. In this case Stallworth paid a LARGE sum of money to the family to help with the "exigent" circumstances.

However to bring up a rare example of a white athlete that got off easy is to miss the point. The much higher amount of crimes committed by black athletes and frequently more violent ones, added to the fact that athletes get off easy is the real problem.

This means a whole lot of black thugs sail through life gettting a free pass for repeated crimes against society, and often white society. Sure an occasional white guy beats a drunk driving rap, but that does not compare to: (off the top of my head) OJ killing two people, Kobe raping a white woman, Ray Lewis killing a man, Pacman Jones responsible for the paralysis of a white bouncer, Marvin Harrison shooting a guy, Jayson Williams killing a guy, Jim Brown serially abusing woman all his life, and those are just the worst I can think of, the actual numbers are staggering. Hardly a day in jail was served by any of those guys and of course those are just the ones that get caught.

Black criminality among professional athletes is an outrage and should not be minimized.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Not that I disbelieve it at all, but can someone provide a link which says Reyes was intoxicated ?

Thank you

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
There is no question athletes of all races get favorable treatment because of their social status. Also they usually have money and can pay for good legal help. In this case Stallworth paid a LARGE sum of money to the family to help with the "exigent" circumstances.

However to bring up a rare example of a white athlete that got off easy is to miss the point. The much higher amount of crimes committed by black athletes and frequently more violent ones, added to the fact that athletes get off easy is the real problem.

This means a whole lot of black thugs sail through life gettting a free pass for repeated crimes against society, and often white society. Sure an occasional white guy beats a drunk driving rap, but that does not compare to: (off the top of my head) OJ killing two people, Kobe raping a white woman, Ray Lewis killing a man, Pacman Jones responsible for the paralysis of a white bouncer, Marvin Harrison shooting a guy, Jayson Williams killing a guy, Jim Brown serially abusing woman all his life, and those are just the worst I can think of, the actual numbers are staggering. Hardly a day in jail was served by any of those guys and of course those are just the ones that get caught.

Black criminality among professional athletes is an outrage and should not be minimized.

Ray Lewis didn't kill a man- he stood by while a friend killed a man with a deadly weapon and claimed he had no responsibility due to protecting his personal safety. He is low though for refusing to even apologize to the victim's family for this ordeal for who he hangs with.

I also think there's a solid chance Kobe was innocent and the girl just wanted money- which she got. The white woman who he supposedly raped had had sex with a random other man (not a boyfriend) within 12 hours of Kobe having sex with her. She also had consensually gone back to where Kobe was staying for the night.

As far as Jayson Williams he was drunk and supposedly pointed his gun at his limo driver as a "joke" and it "went off". Despite all the evidence pointing to "at least" negligent homicide due to his sheer stupidity- while drunk- the jury somehow found him innocent of that charge.

As far as Pac Man, Jim Brown and most definitely O.J- I would agree. I don't know anything about the Marvin Harrison suspected shooting or if they are charging him yet.

I find lots of the black athlete crimes are crimes of recklessness while having fun (bad judgment) or drunk and disorderly offenses (drunk fighting or driving drunk). Also there is some fascination with carrying guns as a form of street credit so to speak.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Ray Lewis didn't kill a man- he stood by while a friend killed a man with a deadly weapon and claimed he had no responsibility due to protecting his personal safety. He is low though for refusing to even apologize to the victim's family for this ordeal for who he hangs with.

I also think there's a solid chance Kobe was innocent and the girl just wanted money- which she got. The white woman who he supposedly raped had had sex with a random other man (not a boyfriend) within 12 hours of Kobe having sex with her. She also had consensually gone back to where Kobe was staying for the night.

As far as Jayson Williams he was drunk and supposedly pointed his gun at his limo driver as a "joke" and it "went off". Despite all the evidence pointing to "at least" negligent homicide due to his sheer stupidity- while drunk- the jury somehow found him innocent of that charge.

As far as Pac Man, Jim Brown and most definitely O.J- I would agree. I don't know anything about the Marvin Harrison suspected shooting or if they are charging him yet.

I find lots of the black athlete crimes are crimes of recklessness while having fun (bad judgment) or drunk and disorderly offenses (drunk fighting or driving drunk). Also there is some fascination with carrying guns as a form of street credit so to speak.

Why would you think that Ray Lewis "stood by while a friend killed a man"? Lewis was charged with murder in the case. He had bought the knives used in the attack and other accounts have him knifing the guy too. Oh yeah the "official" NFL fan version is he was just standing by, or better yet tried to intercene and be a "peacemaker", ha ha sure, just like he was only trying to "console" the two woman he battered as a college student or the one he punched in the face in a nightclub in 1999. All cases incidentally dropped for some reason.

Kobe Bryant had a choke hold on the neck of the woman he had "consensual" sex with and left bruises around her throat, she showed signs of vaginal abuse. But hey it was her fault for going with him to a room and also for having sex with a guy sometime before. And she took money as restitution when it became obvious that the media (and people like you) were putting the blme on her, instead of bringing in a guilty verdict on St. Kobe.

Jayson Williams is an idiot and probably did kill the guy accidentally becuse he's such a dumb ass he doesn't know not to point loaded guns at people, that still is a crime punishable (for you and me) by jail. Plus he tried to cover the whole thing up after it happened.

But I'm glad you're looking out for Ray, Kobe and Jayson, so their reputation doesn't get disparaged here at castefootball.
smiley2.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
there were actually TWO men who were stabbed to deathby Ray Lewis and two of his "homeboys" in front of over 50 eyewitnesses, at this typical negro after party-turned-crime scene.
"somehow" the stories changed in the days and months after the slayings, though,and Ray Lewis transformed from killer to saint, despite his repeated lying to police and attempting to hide evidence. furthermore, numerous eyewitnesses "somehow" forgot to testify or dramatically changed theirprevious accounts of the events... interesting, especially considering the brutal nature of the murders. how many stab wounds were inflicted again? but nobody saw anything.
smiley2.gif

of course, the dead men were likely negro thugs too, so i won't lose any sleep over their demise. but the point isRay Lewis walked free. hell, afterwards Sports Illustrated even called him "God's Linebacker" and made him the cover boy of an issue. of course, he was in a suit and tie and looking all respectable. yeah, right. he looked like a felon in an expensive suit.this blog sums up the situation fairly well, and includes the cover photo. he really looks like a guy i'd want praying for my soul. *smirk*

as for your defense of Jayson Williams, guns don't just "go off." they "go off" when the trigger gets pulled. and then they hit whatever they are pointed at. and ifWilliams was just guilty of being a drunken dumbass involved in an accident, why did he try so hard to cover up the crime? yes, i can see where he's really just another great guy who madethe simple mistake of murdering someone. in fact, it was probably whitey's fault for putting the back of his head in the way of the gun barrel.

in the Marvin Harrison case, witnesses placed him at the crime scene. witnesses saw him in a verbal altercation with the victim shortly before the shooting. the ballistic evidence found at the scene was matched to Harrison's gun (a specially made, completely unique firearm). and the gun was found in Harrison's car after the attack. yet, he was never even brought to trial, much less served any time. hell, it was probably a big conspiracy put into effect by the white kid Harrison choked a few years ago for having the audacity of asking for an autograph! i'm sure a white devil is behind this too, somehow ...

the list of crimes committed by black athletes who didn't serve any time for them is longer than my arm. Randy Moss never served any time for hitting a police officer with his car. Michael Irvin never served any time for stabbing a teammate with a pair of heavy scissors. Chris Carter never served any time after beating his wife with a skillet. none of the Minnesota black Vikings served any time after their public orgy on a party barge.

the list could go on and on and on and on ...

StarWars

Mentor
Pierce and NorCal. Black athletes get away with crime all the time, it has evrything to do with race. The NFL needs as many blacks as they can get, and they even resort to hiring worse and obese athletes to make their 80% black quota.

As for regular blacks and whites, when money issues are left out of the quation, usually trials are very fair.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I don't see how the system can let off these guys scot free if they are indeed murderers, but I guess witnesses are afraid to testify against them. As far as Ray Lewis- I only heard the version of the story through friends at work in Canada after he was let off.

The story I heard of Pac Man was from Outside the Lines- which seems to indicate he is probably now involved in 2nd attempted murders. Yet Pac Man's career still might not be over- due to the love fest for overrated black athletes no matter what their character.

As far as Kobe I said "a solid chance" he's innocent- I certainly don't know for sure. Maybe they had rough sex and he is hung like a...you know what I mean. I'm not going to call the girl a liar since I am not a witness to what happened. I'm just leaving it open to possibility due to a couple aspects of the case and since so many people would like to win a big civil suit.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
StarWars said:
As for regular blacks and whites, when money issues are left out of the quation, usually trials are very fair.

Trials can sometimes be fair if a jury with common sense and an open mind can be assembled, a more and more dubious proposition in many communities, and when a judge oversees the trial in a fair and impartial manner,on thoseincreasingly rare occasions when a charge or claim even goes to trial when not being plea bargained or settled ahead of time. But money issues are very rarely left out of the equation; the side with the most money and/or the best connections wins the vast majority of the time, especially when the government is the one doing the prosecuting. That shouldn't be surprising in a society built, not onties of family, community, and tribe and race,butrather almost exclusively on materialism and deracination.

Unless you have lots of money and/or great connections, it's best to avoid the "justice" system whenever possible.

NorCal831

amen to that. as sad as it is,no matter what, the color that means the most in the U.S. will always be green.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Gentlemen,

This guy will not be able to keep up with the terms of his probation. He will mess up. Now he's suspended, he'll have all sorts of time on his hands to get himself in another mess and he most certainly will.

What's the chances of Stallworth using this suspention time in a costructive way. somewhere around zilch and zero? We've seen this many times over now.

Tom Iron...

NorCal831 said:
i dont know about black athletes being able to do whatever they want.  onterio smith (from oregon) gets basically kicked out of the league because he likes to smoke weed. mike vick has some dog fights at his house and he goes to a federal prison. its sad that there was all these public protests against vick for having some dog fights and donte stallworth kills a human being and there isnt a protester in sight.

In America, a dog's life (or any animal's) is considered more precious than a human being's. Sad to say...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
in the most recent example of an athlete getting a free pass for his criminal behavior, the "classy" Jermaine Taylorapparently has a good chanceto have his felony resisting arrest with violence charge completely dismissed, along with most every other charge against him. Taylor getting charges reduced.

Jermain Taylor's Memorial Day legal troubles in South Beach, Fla., were lightened a little Monday, and there is the possibility they'll get even lighter in the next couple of weeks, according to his attorney.

Taylor had been charged with one count of misdemeanor disorderly conduct and one count of felony resisting arrest with violence after reportedly getting into an altercation with Hialeah, Fla., police on a busy street in South Beach, Fla., on May 24 during Urban Beach Week.

Taylor was arraigned Monday before Judge Yvonne Colodny of the 11th Circuit Court of Miami-Dade County, who reduced the charge of felony resisting arrest with violence to a misdemeanor resisting arrest without violence and transferred that case to county court.

The charge of misdemeanor disorderly conduct was dropped by the state.

The difference between resisting arrest with violence and without is more than semantic. If the charge is with violence, it is a grade three felony punishable by up to five years in a state penitentary in accordance with Florida Statute 843.01. The charge without violence is a grade one misdemeanor punishable by a maximum of one year in county jail, according to Florida Statute 843.02.

Taylor's Fort Lauderdale, Fla., attorney, Richard Della Fera, said he thinks the resisting arrest without violence charge might be dropped as well.

"That's my ultimate goal, to seek dismissal of the resisting arrest charge," Della Ferra said. "The charge that started it all, the disorderly conduct, has been dismissed by the state. Within a week or so, I'm hoping to hear something about the resisting arrest charge. If Jermain was not behaving in disorderly conduct, then there's no reason to arrest him and there's no reason for him to resist.

"I'm in contact with the state attorney's office daily, and I'm optimistic that we can work something out."
you think that would happen to any of us?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
compare the treatment of the Stallworth crime to the treatment of former Arkansas fullback Mark Pierce. while the individual stories aren't identical, the crimes are. both committed vehicular homicide while driving under the influence.

Stallworth got 30 days. Pierce got 8 years.

as an aside, the ruin that has become Pierce's life is in large part due to Houston Nutt. Nutt forced Pierce, the top running back in Texas (and theMVP of the Oil Bowl, the Texas-Oklahoma high school all star game) to artificially bulk up and play his race-appropriate position of fullback. Pierce's body couldn't carry the wieght, and "someone" in the Arkansas locker room provided him with steroids to "help." not coincidentally, shortly after the obviously artificial weight gain, Pierce developed serious back acne issues and an even more disturbing anger problem. soon after he began his rapid weight gain, he began developing a deserved reputation as a troublemaker with a very short fuse ... this after being a quiet, respectful young man beforegetting on the juice.(i even spoke with him on several octcasions, and he couldn't have been a nicer guy.)

combined with the death of his father, the steroids' side effects turned his life into a nightmare. not surprisingly, Nutt threw Pierce under the bus as soon as his usefulness was done and vilified him in the press.furthermore, despite his repeated life problems and an obvious need for help, neither the University of Arkansas nor Houston Nutt (and staff) ever reached out to help Pierce ... unlike what they did for numerous black players whowere convicted of felonies while Nutt was the Arkansas coach.

since leaving Arkansas a broken shell, Pierce'songoing hellhas been a visible testament to the horrors that college football coaches can inflict on a young man's life. the Caste System involves a lotmore than just burying White kids on the depth chart.