Stagecoach Festival

I just got back from spending two days at the Stagecoach festival out in Indio, CA. This event was a big Country/Western Festival with some pretty major Country Acts as its centerpiece (George Strait, Alan Jackson, Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Chesney, Sara Evans to name a few). On Saturady it was reported that there were over 30,000 in attendance, and if you take away the vendors and venue employees I'd say easily 29,500 of those were White. It was paradise, man. I needed to experience something like this because frankly, I've been getting really put off by the demographics I face daily here in SoCal.

So, I head out Sunday expecting things to be great again, and this time I bring my two kids (8 & 10) along with the wife. We get there and set up our chairs and blanket, and head off to see some of the exhibits and to let the kids take a ride on the mechanical bull. About an hour later we return to find our chairs pushed up into the back of the people who were in front of us and some tired-old White lady sitting there in a chair where we had set up. The people in front of us inform us that she and her "friend" had simply shoved our chairs forward to make room. So we move our stuff back right into the front of their area and about that time this silly looking Black man in a cowboy hat walks up, and of course he is with this mudshark whore who was sitting there. So the music starts playing (Pat Green at that time) and they are right up on our backs, and Cowboy Troy bumps my wifes hat, so she turns around and lets them have it. I'm thinking I'm going to have to lay this clown out and that I'm going to get arrested in front of my kids, but they back down and move their stuff back. They then proceed to try to move forward into an area that was being used as an aisle, and get moved away by more angry folk.

The bottom line is how freaking disrespectful and rude this "couple" were and how horribly out of place they were at this event. I realized that the odds were astronomical that it was just coincidence that one of literally a handfull of blacks at an event that large would be the only one to cause multiple problems. Its just the way they are, they think they are entitled to whatever the hell they please and when someone stands up to them, they back down. If we could just start getting our society to stand up to their antics and bufoonery I'm convinced they would back off. Its really freaking sad that our institutions and "leaders" allow them to behave so badly.