Sportswriters: Read Facts

IceSpeed2

Guru
The best way to make a point is to back it up with facts so here I go.
Vick has achieved nothing and his success rests on his potential, which is enormous on paper.
Look at the stats:
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235253

Mediocre passing stats. His speed allows for long runs, but during broken plays usually. History suggests that it is impossible to win Super Bowls with a broken play offense.
Question: Can Vick find the open man?
Answer: With practice.
Question: Does Vick look for the open man?
Answer: No.

So Vick gets 100 million dollars based on his combine performance and what might be. I might win the lottery, pay me in advance. He does have potential with his 4.2 40 time.Edited by: IceSpeed2

IceSpeed2

Guru
I forgot to point out another area where Vick accels. He is leading the league in Jerseys sold.
Atlanta should try an option offense
smiley1.gif
Until then, ignore the nike commercials and other crap!!Edited by: IceSpeed2

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
IceSpeed, can you go back and edit the post with all the stats? I'm very interested but can't make heads or tails out of what you have written.

Tip: the "&nbs p;" usually come out when you have too many spaces between words.

smiley20.gif

IceSpeed2

Guru
I used a link instead now.
Another thing, Marvin Harrisson. He is always considered an elite receiver. No one ever calls the degree of his dependency on Peyton Manning into question.

TEs and FBs are always pre-destined to have fewer receiving yards than WRs and TBs. This may be based in reason, but TEs and FBs should have more catches. A lot of teams throw short passes these days. Who is more likely to take a hit from a middle linebacker cutting across the middle? Jeremy Shockey/Mike Alstott or Terrell Owens/Randy Moss.
Just a thought.Edited by: IceSpeed2