some observations of college signing day

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Mike said:
They don't always travel out "to the islands." There are many people of polynesian ancestry living in Utah and having success at the high school level. Wow, imagaine that, a program recruiting kids from its own state!

Also, I really wish you'd rethink your first statement. I know what you meant, but by saying something like that you discredit anything fairly intelligent written here. It's great that you can cite news articles about gang violence, but infering that every white football player in the world is a shining example of a citizen while every non-white football player is not is the kind of ignorant statement which makes most people laugh at the otherwise fairly persuasive arguments made for white football players on the site.

I don't know what your beef is with BYU. Should DiLuigi be getting more carries? Yea, I like to think so, but then again Unga and Fui have been a very good backs for them.

We can sit here and pick this program apart further if you'd like, but the way I see it the problems are elsewhere in the game and getting caught up on the "polynesian question" at BYU is a waste of time considering what's going on in oh I don't know, the SEC or ACC.

first of all, those Utah "natives" are anything but. the polynesians wouldn't be there at all if they hadn't been imported by "compassionate" missionaries who apparently love diversity. and much like mexican "americans," the polynesians are not assimilating into their Utah heritage. rather, they are staying true to their polynesian heritage (just look at the names and crime rates of the polynesian community for two obvious examples). they hold themselves apart by their own actions, so why should i consider them to be just like white Utah mormons?

secondly, when white athletes commit violent crime at similar rates to non-white athletes, then get back to me. until then, quit crying about how non-whites are victimized by the evils of misrepresenation. how is dealing with facts somehow discrediting this site? it's not. so you can take that bleeding heart whining on the road.

thirdly, my beef with BYU is no different than it is with other programs. they should be recruiting more white kids. you are correct in that they do a better job of recruiting whites than schools in the ACC, SEC, and so forth. i agree with that 100%. i think they could all still do much better, though.

finally, you are the one who felt the need to defend BYU's recruiting of so many polynesians. so it appears you were the one that got caught up in the "polynesian question." you'll pardon me if i don't ask for forgiveness for responding to your misleading statements.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
youtube is a valuable resource.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GQA4u2lRXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEPQHge9LTA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpWokmSolGo&feature=related

The 3rd world comments, and there are a ton of them, speak volumes. Samoans (or Homoanz
smiley36.gif
) and Tongans on welfare are having a flame war. Can you feel the enrichment?

How big was that ugly stick that smacked them?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
JC, did you ever think that the low population of the mountainous regions of Appalachia also factors in to the low crime rate. Houses are farther apart; and the communities aren't as close to rich communities. Many people in parts of West Virginia for instance all are living in the same circumstances. I am aware that there are parts of West Virginia that are poor enough that they sometimes actually go hunting to feed themselves for that evening and white people can be dirt poor too.

But compare that to a big city where some of the poor youths actually join gangs as a way of protection because of all the guns and robberies. They sometimes are pressured to steal from a rich person in a very nearby community as initiation. Obviously I'm not condoning joining a gang; but there are lots of factors involved other than just simply "genetics" when discussing violent crime. I think some of it is a vicious cycle of how they grow up.

I have never said that all races are exactly the same. I have even admitted that some races have worse tempers (Sicilians, blacks, Irish for instance) or might be prone to addiction habits (blacks and crack use or Native Americans and alcoholism). I understand that there are statistics that you are citing; but it seems to me that you are implying bad nature of certain races. I prefer as a Christian to have a loving view of people.

As I have stated. I lived in Canada near Toronto in an area that was around 15-20% black and it still was a safe neighborhood with a low violent crime rate. It was a lower middle class neighborhood. I only know of blacks from what I experienced.

I wasn't aware that there were Crips in Salt Lake City. I thought the Crips was only a black gang. I guess I should be informed, but implying that Polynesians are "likely" to Rape someone; which I don't think is factual certainly isn't going to help us raise awareness to get white players more scholarships or stop Affirmative action in all employment sectors.

I will try to never get into one of these arguments again and will do it via PM next time; but sometimes I just feel the need to clarify my position as a loving Christian. And I happen to be engaged to a girl who is part Native American and is the greatest person I ever met.

ToughJ.Riggins said:
JC, did you ever think that the low population of the mountainous regions of Appalachia also factors in to the low crime rate. Houses are farther apart; and the communities aren't as close to rich communities. Many people in parts of West Virginia for instance all are living in the same circumstances. I am aware that there are parts of West Virginia that are poor enough that they sometimes actually go hunting to feed themselves for that evening and white people can be dirt poor too.

But compare that to a big city where some of the poor youths actually join gangs as a way of protection because of all the guns and robberies. They sometimes are pressured to steal from a rich person in a very nearby community as initiation. Obviously I'm not condoning joining a gang; but there are lots of factors involved other than just simply "genetics" when discussing violent crime. I think some of it is a vicious cycle of how they grow up.

I have never said that all races are exactly the same. I have even admitted that some races have worse tempers (Sicilians, blacks, Irish for instance) or might be prone to addiction habits (blacks and crack use or Native Americans and alcoholism). I understand that there are statistics that you are citing; but it seems to me that you are implying bad nature of certain races. I prefer as a Christian to have a loving view of people.

As I have stated. I lived in Canada near Toronto in an area that was around 15-20% black and it still was a safe neighborhood with a low violent crime rate. It was a lower middle class neighborhood. I only know of blacks from what I experienced.

I wasn't aware that there were Crips in Salt Lake City. I thought the Crips was only a black gang. I guess I should be informed, but implying that Polynesians are "likely" to Rape someone; which I don't think is factual certainly isn't going to help us raise awareness to get white players more scholarships or stop Affirmative action in all employment sectors.

I will try to never get into one of these arguments again and will do it via PM next time; but sometimes I just feel the need to clarify my position as a loving Christian. And I happen to be engaged to a girl who is part Native American and is the greatest person I ever met.
I was going to reply with a post but this about sums up my thoughts in a much better manner than I could have. GREAT POST.Edited by: ManifestDestiny

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
ToughJ.Riggins said:

I hope you hold to that. BTW, there are a whole lot of loving Christians that do not hold to racial positions based on hope and naivety but rather by recognizing the reality of racial differences. If you and your fiance have children, it is not "loving" toallowthem to go to places where they may be harmed or worse. Being aware of the different rates of crime between different groups -- and of the epidemic ofanti-white racism directed at whites from many non-white groups -- is good parenting, not "racism."

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I agree anti-white racism in America is the most rampant kind currently by far. My fiance is quite aware of anti-white racism and how things have shifted from 50 years ago and I have educated her some on this topic. And I am also aware that most majority black neighborhoods in America aren't safe.

I find it interesting that I come from one of the most diverse ethnic areas of Canada (near Toronto) and know lots of people of other races, but "RELATIVE" to here in Jersey, diverse neighborhoods are "much" safer. My fiance is a quarter Native American/Canadian and a quarter Coptic Christian Egyptian. BTW: lots of Copts have immigrated from Egypt because of racism they face there from radical Muslims. This is why any racism irks me.

When I move back to Canada I am actually taking time off to try to get published b/c I know some people in the industry and one of the projects I am working on is book about racism in American sports. I have a unique perspective on this topic as a dual citizen who has seen how differently Canadians deal with with race issues than Americans and have dealt with lots of races and can't stand the caste system.

I have written mostly fiction, but I think I am capable of finishing a very accurate book on this topic since my fiance (she's an English major) is going to help edit my grammer (ehhr grammar,
smiley36.gif
, when you spell grammar wrong you know you have a problem) for me.

From my experience, Canadians I know, don't even really discuss race or even joke about it unless it is with someone they know EXTREMELY well.

However, the media is much more investigative and balanced when it comes to investigating racism of all types. I read some articles by Canadian journalists actually mentioning racism, or stereotyping as a likely reason why Jesse Lumsden didn't get a chance in the NFL. That is how I found this site.

Believe me, if I do get published; which I think I have a decent shot at, most of you guys will love the book; even if some of you disagree with bits and pieces of it here and there. I am completely committed to fighting the caste system.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Having spent the last number of years very close to the BYU program, I think the "Polynesian problem" is multi-faceted. Inreading through the above posts, I agree that it is a religious, but also apolitical issue.Although Iagree about the religious aspect that Mike mentioned, it is also political in the sense that having polynesian players helps the mormons work in the Pacific Islands. They also have "ins" to these players because mormonism is fairly common in those areas. This allows them to recruit more of them than other schools. Mormons want to be seen as mainstream (in many ways) these days, and making the football team diverse is one of the most visible ways to show themselves as mainstream.

Even so, you HAVE to question the reasons why BYU does this to such an extent, while blatantly ignoring much of the white (and more specifically, white LDS) talent that is abundant in the inter-mountain west. JC is right in saying that most of the polynesians who are recruited inside Utah or just the west in general have been imported by LDS efforts on those islands. This importation shows in the increase in pacific islander population along the Wasatch Front over the last few decades.

Now, Jimmy_Chitwood brought up another great point in discussing the Honor Code and how many recent infractions have involved minority players. There are also quite a few non-white, non-mormon players who have left the school on their own because they couldn't handle the rules and pressures that are inherent in being such a person on the BYU campus. Most of the polynesian players are LDS and they do not have as many problems "fitting in" to the BYU environment as a result. Still, there are polynesians who have been in trouble over Honor Code violations over the last few years.

Something to remember in this whole thing is that the BYU football team is roughly 70% LDS. Most of the black players they recruit have not been LDS. Most of the polynesian players have been LDS. Almost all of the white players have been LDS.

Considering the fact thatthe vast majority ofmormons in the U.S. are white, it really makes no sense for them to recruit as heavily polynesian as they do, especially as RB. BYU has had tons of p-backs in the past who have been decent, and a couple of good black backs, but their best back was Luke Staley. It is as if they have totally forgotten about him and are going p-caste with their backs. They don't make for better players or students, but they help BYU's image, and that is a pretty important thing to the powers that be in that organization.

On another note, polynesian and mestizo gangs arean increasingproblem in SLC and the Provo areas, going right along with the growth of said populations. It will be interesting to see how those problems are dealt with over the next couple of decades.

I hope this provides a little more enlightenment to those who are interested. If anyone wants to ask me further about this issue, please PM me.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Tough (and to Manifest Destiny who said your post was so great),

in your responses, you go to ever-more-elaborate lengths in creating artificial "reasons" in an attempt to not point the finger of blame where it rightly belongs.

at first, you claimed it was poverty that created the violent crime. when i disproved that notion with a well-documented example of whites in poverty you crafted some nonsense about their low population. when, if you had bothered to read the authentic resource i had provided you would have seen it deals with per capita crime rates which take population into account. educate yourself, man!

then, you come out of left field with some bizarre idea that the poor whites don't live near enough to rich people to commit crimes. somehow, this doesn't stop poor blacks from committing countless acts of violence on other poor blacks in their own neighborhoods, does it?
smiley2.gif
i must have missed the memo that said white folks need to travel a long ways to commit violent acts.
smiley36.gif

you then go on to blame a "vicious cycle" of growing up, and that joining a gang for protection is necessary... tell me if you please, who creates these vicious cycles and the ever-present gangs in these bad neighborhoods? is it especially evil asphalt? or is it the ominous high rise buildings?
smiley36.gif
the fact is, non-whites create the problems we're discussing, but many naive white people will do anything, including closing their eyes to the truth, to not actually blame them for their own behavior.

i mean, take a look at your post. you ignore statistics. you ignore facts. you ignore news reports. you ignore first-hand accounts. all of which provide verifiable evidence to refute your position. but you ignore them, because you don't want to believe them.

meanwhile, you use phrases such as "hope," "seems to me," "i feel," and "i think," and insist that these emotional pleas for your optimistic assessment of non-reality should out-weigh the evidence and be the basis for what we go by. this despite your repeated admissions of not being informed.

Tough, you are smart enough to put two and two together. having a "Christian love" doesn't mean turning a blind eye to the evils that men do. do the research, and learn this for yourself.
smiley1.gif

furthermore, i get the idea that you think this is strictly an "American" problem. it isn't. no place in the world has seen an influx of black or brown people without seeing an increase in violent crime. nowhere.

not even Canada.

in fact, i will borrow from a researched piece by Jared Taylor to point out how "little" racism exists in your native country.
... every province and territory has two major bureaucracies that fight racism: a Human Rights Commission and a Human Rights Tribunal. Then there is the federal Human Rights Commission â€â€￾ 200 people work for it full-time â€â€￾ the Canadian Race Relations Foundation, the National Anti-Racism Council of Canada, and dozens more city and local bureaucracies fighting racism. Every university has an office for fighting racism.

And that's not enough. The Canadian UNESCO Commission wants to establish a Canadian Coalition of Municipalities Against Racism. Saint Paul University in Ottawa wants what it calls a National Justice Initiative Against Racism and Hate. In 2005, the federal government launched Canada's Action Plan Against Racism, which was to spend $56 million over the next five years combating racism. You have Parliamentary Committees on Visible Minorities and Standing Committees on Multiculturalism. It's hard to keep up with all the bureaucrats whose job it is to sniff out racism and eradicate it. None of this would be necessary were there no racial diversity in Canada.

How bad is the race problem? The Ontario Human Rights Commission says "Racial discrimination and racism" are "pervasive and continuing." The Canadian Race Relations Foundation says "racism is serious and pervasive." The Canadian Commission for UNESCO says racism "imperils democracy." The federal Human Rights Commission says "hate and, in particular, its manifestation on the Internet pose a serious threat to the social fabric of Canadian society."

that's an awful lot of anti-racist bureacracy for a place that is a supposed multicultural paradise.
smiley2.gif

additionally, you mentioned that in Canada only close friends would even talk about race and racism. the reason for that is because of the draconian anti-free speech laws that your country has implemented. if it were known you posted to Caste Football, you'd likely be arrested as a racist and hate monger. look it up for yourself, my good man.

the truth is out there. learn to deal with it, rather than pretending it doesn't exist, and you'll be a lot better off.

i won't post any more on this thread about this topic, because i think the facts are clear. and i think we should be talking about the topic the original poster intended. however, i'd be glad to continue this via PM if you, or anyone else, is interested.
smiley1.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
They have alot of anti-racism bureaucracies in Canada and more restrictions on freedom of speech for sure, but overall there is a much more neutral race policy in how society OPERATES up there.

The media will discuss anti-white racism when something big comes up more often than America; just as they will discuss anti-black racism. Canadians in general take the stance of keeping things to themselves as far as speech that won't be productive to bring out into the open; especially at work.

Canada does try to advocate diversity; by bringing in different races to employment sectors for different perspectives (University Arts programs etc.), but they don't have an extreme AA program in hiring simply for the color of peoples skin.

I look at certain government agencies here in Jersey and they have a "significant" inflation in blacks working there in relation to population demographics taking away jobs from white people; it is very discriminatory to white people; especially white males.

State what you will about crime, and I have admitted that diverse neighborhoods in Canada do have a somewhat higher crime rate; although I don't feel the need to obsessively research these numbers.

Still, the Canadian violent crime rate, even in diverse neighborhoods, is much lower than an equally diverse neighborhood here in Jersey. Parts of it are definitely cultural. Maybe it's the group think mentality or ethnic cohesion of racial groups here in Jersey. I have always dealt with people as individuals.

As I stated I won't be RANTING like this anymore on the site. I will do it via PM next time if I feel the need.

It would be much better to continue the reporting of white player signings; which I have smartly done my work in the other thread earlier. There are some positive things happening (Nebraska, Iowa State's and Cincinnati's classes look somewhat promising) but we need to reach more people.

If you feel the need to post another article stating some statistic; feel free. I'll let you have the last word, but it isn't productive for the growth of the site or aiding the cause. Being pro-active is what draws moderates and those on the fence to see the light... Positive messages people!

And by the way; I would not be ARRESTED in Canada simply for posting here; it isn't quite that extreme there yet.

But what I worry could happen, is they could ban this website up there which would be very unfortunate. As we all know Australia and also some nations in Europe like Sweden, and the Netherlands I believe, have already done things like this; so it could happen.

I don't think the government would go to lengths anytime soon up there to have government designed internet surfing software, but they could make a list of banned sites if the liberals get a majority government up there again.

If they did this I could not risk breaking the law by posting here when I move back up there and I would miss following white players and any players that fight through stereotypes a lot.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
BTW: Addressing your comment of how I stated "I think" I should have said "I know". I just prefer not to use very bold language when arguing with someone who has done a lot of good research for the site including your recent article for the homepage; I was trying to keep it civil. Polynesians are not "likely" to do some of the things you have implied.

Edited to add: As I stated if you reply again I will leave you with the last word; and it won't be a Bill O'Reilly granting of the last word. I'll stick to it.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

white is right

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:

In the lower middle class areas of Toronto things are the same. But look out if you visit or pass through the ghetto neighbourhoods of the city. Or the formerly white working class areas that are now mixed neighbourhoods. These areas of the city are slowly mirroring Brooklyn, Washington Heights and the South Bronx. Guess which ethnic group is causing most of the problems. Things have gotten so bad in the public high schools that armed policemen patrol the halls in some schools. They put a pc spin on the policemen patrolling the halls. Ie they were doing community outreach work. But why would they have an armed policeman in the schools 5 days a week through out the school year. Also as the armed thugs have gotten more violent there have been more shootings in richer public areas. The ultimate sign of the city heading towards Crooklyn was a shooting on Yonge Street where a bunch of thugs shot at a fellow drug dealer on Boxing day and killed a white middle class person caught in the cross fire. Most were black(there were a few wiggers involved too).

whiteCB

Master
Ummm yeah so about those observations on signing day....[crickets chirping] lol

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, I haven't done much research yet, and may not be able to this year, but I'm excited about Beau Blankenship and the two white WRs Iowa State recruited. I hope that programs whitens up over the next few years. I would really like to see Beau do great things while there!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
There truly are dark days ahead in the SEC, leading me to re-name it the Strongest Example of the Caste.

No teams signed even close to a 50% white class. In fact, most of the schools in the conference didn't need more than one hand to count the white athletes who were "good enough" to play football for them.

Some of you more sensitive posters may not like this, but you won't find more black males who look like they're 30 outside of prison. And these signing classes truly put the "scholar" in scholarship athlete. Not. With all the 2.5 GPAs on the signee lists, most of the signees couldn't tutor kindergarten kids in addition. Most likely, the signing class will be the last real class most of these guys attend while they're in college. And I won't even mention all the F-ed up "names." Come to think of it, they may even be worse at spelling than adding and subtracting.
smiley11.gif

I will not be rooting for any of these teams. Ever.

Alabama: out of 29 signees, only 4 were white. This makes me want to puke.

1 quarterback (A.J. McCarron);
2 o-linemen (Kellen Williams, Anthony Steen);
1 d-end (William Ming)

Arkansas: I already did their signing class. Out of 31 signees, only 7 were white. Sadly, that ties for the most white athletes in the entire conference. Vomit.

Auburn: out of 28 signees, only 3 were white. Truly sickening.

1 athlete (Robert Cooper
1 quarterback (Clint Moseley
1 tight end (Philip Lutzenkirchen)

Florida: out of 16 signees, only 2 were white. Can it possibly get any worse?!?

2 o-linemen (Nick Alajajian,Kyle Koehne)

Georgia: out of 18 signees, only 4 were white. Ugh!

2 quarterbacks (Zach Mettenberger, Aaron Murray)
1 o-linemen (Dallas Lee)
1 linebacker (Chase Vasser)

Kentucky: out of 28 signees, only 6 were white.

1 quarterback (Ryan Mossakowski)
1 athlete (Brian Adams)
1 tight end (Jordan Aumiller)
2 o-linemen (Kevin Mitchell, Sam Simpson)
1 d-end (Patrick Ligon)

LSU: out of 25 signees, only 6 were white. The only good news is that the 2 d-backs look impressive.

1 quarterback (Chris Garrett)
2 o-linemen (Josh Williford, Carneal Ainsworth)
2 d-backs (Rockey Duplessis, Josh Johns)
1 punter (Derek Helton)

Mississippi: out of 38 signees, only 3 were white. Houston Nutt continues his love affair with the negro athlete.

2 o-linemen (Michael Brown, Evan Swindall)
1 kicker (Andrew Ritter)

Mississippi State: out of 27 signees, only 6 were white including the kickers. New head coach Dan Mullens continues the negrophilia at MSU.

1 o-linemen (Sam Watts)
1 safety (Cameron Lawrence)
1 d-end (Johnathan McKenzie)
1 linebacker (Chris White)
1 kicker (Sean Brauchle)
1 punter (Heath Hutchins)

South Carolina: out of 29 signees, only 2 were white. Truly the lowest point in Spurrier's career thus far. Completely sickening.

1 quarterback (Andrew Clifford)
1 o-linemen (Nick Allison)

Tennessee: out of 19 signees, only 2 were white. Even under new management, the Vols continue to be the blackest community in Tennessee.

1 wide receiver (Zach Rogers - he looks like the real deal)
1 o-linemen (Kevin Revis)

Vanderbilt: out of 17 signees, 7 were white. Despite signing the smallest class in the SEC, Vandy tied for signing the most white players (Arkansas also had 7). I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

1 quarterback (Charlie Goro)
1 wide receiver (Brady Brown - after he physically matures, he could be special)
1 tight end (Mason Johnston)
1 o-linemen (Wesley Johnson)
1 d-end (Walker May)
1 linebacker (Blake Southerland)
1 safety (Jay Fullam)

edited to add: did i put this on the wrong thread?Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Man that's infuriating to read. The SEC is the key component part of the Caste System.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
No you didn't put it in the wrong thread, we've been doing the signings in both. This thread just got a little off track for a while; maybe we could do certain conferences in each thread.

The entire Big 12 and part of the Big East were done by me and Lambert in the other thread and Lambert said he is going to do the Pac-10 soon.

That was a good acronym you thought of for the SEC; "Strongest Example of Caste". I don't understand what makes these pathetic coaches in this conference even worse than the other race traitors (maybe blind to the agenda would describe it better) in the other conferences.

At least Vandy is somewhat tolerable and I'll be cheering for Hawkins to have a big year next year. He needs more carries. One white RB in the SEC is the only thing to get excited about. Good job on the research JC BTW!

Riddlewire

Master
Jimmy Chitwood said:
Even under new management, the Vols continue to be the blackest community in Tennessee.

Considering that Tommy West miraculously signed 5 white players this year, it's a bit of a dead heat.
Over the past two years, Tennessee signed 7 white players. Middle Tennessee State signed 6 white players. And Memphis signed 5 white players. I'm not going to go through those current rosters and try to figure out the total number of white players for each school next Fall. But my guess is that Memphis is the big loser.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
As a long-time UGA Dawgs fan, I'm ashamed to admit the SEC is probably the #1 caste conference. I've changed my outlook to support the White athletes and follow the team...rather that being a rabid DWF (of years ago). I'll be pulling for starting QB Joe Cox & WR Kris Durham primarily next season.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The SEC stinks when it comes to giving white players a chance. I wish the white players well, but I hope these (artificially) black dominated teams lose.

dwid

Hall of Famer
The SEC is what keeps the caste system running. DWF believe that the SEC is the best conference hands down with all the nation's most talented players and it happens to be the blackest conference. The media makes sure to try to brainwash fans into thinking its the greatest conference. While they do have some good teams, there are many crappy teams in the SEC. I mean who thinks Mississippi St could beat BYU?
last year Auburn, Mississipi St, Arkansas, Tennesee, Kentucky, South Carolina were all not so good teams. Vanderbilt (who historically has never been that good, [they put most of their emphasis on academics instead of football, they remain in the SEC because of money reasons i believe]) was hanging in there for a while (it seemed mostly when they used Jared Hawkins or the backup quarterback). LSU and Ole Miss weren't anything to brag about although both had some good moments but nothing that makes you rate them above the rest of the nation even though i know ole miss started to get a little better as the season went on. So that leaves you with Florida, Georgia and Alabama.

Florida has Tebow who is a great leader and just knows how to win games, you take him away and Florida will fall a little bit, i dont care how many athletes they have that can run under 4.4, without Tebow they do not win the national championship.

Just like LSU without Jacob Hester seemed to fall. Its not like Matt Flynn the QB was the leader of LSU last year, losing him wasnt the problem, it was losing Hester. The heart and soul of that national championship team last year WAS Hester.

Georgia was supposed to the number one team in the nation according to most at the beginning of the season, and they failed to live up to the hype. They were good but not that good. Moreno is simply overrated. Hes good but not that good.

Alabama was one of the top teams, but they were beaten by a team with quite a few Whites on it in Utah.

i know some of you might not agree with my analysis of the SEC but i think we can all agree that they are not hands down the best conference in all of college football.

What pissses me off the most is when i try to mention on one of these pro team's board about any certain player as being a potential prospect, alot of them have this mentality that if he didnt play in the SEC or USC then he must not be that great.Edited by: dwid

referendum

Mentor
One problem is that SEC teams play pretty easy non-conference opponents during the regular season, so its rare that we get Utah-Alabama type games to put caste system to the tes. It would be great if there could be some kind of "clash of the conferences" during September where SEC plays Big 10 one year, Mountain West another etc. but of course all teams are worried about that dreaded one loss.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
dwid said:
What pissses me off the most is when i try to mention on one of these pro team's board about any certain player as being a potential prospect, alot of them have this mentality that if he didnt play in the SEC or USC then he must not be that great.

Except when it's someone like Jacob Hester or Craig Steltz, who are still assumed to not be good enough for the NFL.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
referendum said:
One problem is that SEC teams play pretty easy non-conference opponents during the regular season, so its rare that we get Utah-Alabama type games to put caste system to the tes. It would be great if there could be some kind of "clash of the conferences" during September where SEC plays Big 10 one year, Mountain West another etc. but of course all teams are worried about that dreaded one loss.

That reminds of the 1990 BYU/Miami game. Miami was ranked number one pre-season and rolled out of Provo with a 28-21 loss in the first game of the season. I counted just 3 whites starting for Miami (all on offense) and BYU started well over 11 (50%) whites.

SteveB

Mentor
Colonel_Reb said:
That reminds of the 1990 BYU/Miami game. Miami was ranked number one pre-season and rolled out of Provo with a 28-21 loss in the first game of the season. I counted just 3 whites starting for Miami (all on offense) and BYU started well over 11 (50%) whites.
I remember that game very well. The black Miami DBs got schooled by BYUs white and polynesian WRs. The next year, Florida State played BYU as one of the top ranked teams in the country and got schooled as well. Tyler Anderson, who was probably the fastest player to ever play for BYU, burned the FSU players on numerous occasions on kick offs and receptions. The guy was simply unstoppable. I remember the TV commentator mentioning that FSU simply didn't have the speed to keep up with Anderson (which was a shocking comment at the time). Too bad that the NFL didn't see his potential. I think that he ended up playing in the Arena League.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
dwid said:
What pissses me off the most is when i try to mention on one of these pro team's board about any certain player as being a potential prospect, alot of them have this mentality that if he didnt play in the SEC or USC then he must not be that great.

Except when it's someone like Jacob Hester or Craig Steltz, who are still assumed to not be good enough for the NFL.
yeah, when a White player like Steltz or Hester makes it in the SEC they are thought of to be overacheivers that play because of some sort of "connection" with the coaches, college organization, etc.
i was basically laughed at by some posters on a saints forum when i suggested we get Hester to replace deuce as our power runner in the future. I dont think Hester or Steltz had any family connections to any college organizations, they were just great athletes that were in state. I think the Booty family did and i think Dicky Lyons had some to UK, but thats about it. Even then those guys were extremely talented, those guys only got recognition for the talent they had instead of being ignored like most White athletes. Alot of the guys in the Booty family just had ridiculous high school careers that is why they had connections in the first place. And Dicky Lyons dad played for UK and played for the Saints. So he may have had connections but it doesnt take away from the fact that he is a great player. Who the hell would know about Michael Oher if some Ole Miss Alumni family didnt adopt him and basically push him to go to Ole Miss. ( i think he could be a great player if he didnt look like he was 30 and didnt have mental lapses every few plays [his age has never been proven i believe])
Steltz and Hester were just good high school players
* 2002 Louisiana All-State First Team[5]
* 2003 Louisiana All-State First team[6]
* 2004 Rufus Award- given to the school's top athlete
Hester
Louisiana 5A Offensive MVP in 2002.
He rushed for 868 yards and 22 touchdowns on 182 carries, leading his team to the 5A championship game his senior year. During his junior year, he led his team to the state title, rushing for 1,593 yards and 24 TD's on 222 attempts in 2002. I dont know why he received a reduced role at rushing his senior year, but it was apparent the talent was there. And it was also apparent he was the best RB at LSU that year they won the national championship and one of the best in the nation, so no reason to get snubbed in the pros. Steltz is a great safety, can cover very well, and is a hard hitter (besides getting the snot knocked out of him by Dicky Lyons Jr.)
So yeah neither of them had connections to any "good ole boy" network, and if they did it wouldnt matter because they are extremely talented. There are tons of black players who get to play in the SEC that are way less talented, and those guys go on to get all the chances in the world to play in the NFL. Also, if connections truly mattered in college then Steve Korte wouldve played more at LSU (his dad is a former Saints player and knows alot of people in the state). I hope he makes a pro team ,and pray for him and his family now, his younger brother just died the other day from falling out of a car.
Im still hoping for Hester to get a chance, if given one he would be a great Pro RB. Even alot of LSU fans think this. For some reason they are not sold on Steltz though, i guess because nobody watches the safety play of most teams. They just make assumptions. The whole bears fans saying "AA Part 2" is ridiculous. That reminds me of Saints fans screaming about James Laurenitis being "Scott Shanle part 2" none of these people know what the hell they are talking about and none of these players are the same except for skin tone.Edited by: dwid