So what *does* const. a winning trad.?

foreverfree

Mentor
Three months ago, speedster, on page 4 of http://castefootball.us/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=671&KW=gre en+bay+packers&PN=0&TPN=4, wrote...

It's bad enough we have this constant man-love for Favre,but what is worse is the myth about the greatness of the Green Bay Packers.The most overated so called,great franchises of all-time.The Packers were easily the best team of 60's,but where were they at the end of that decade,and during the 70's and 80's and early 90's.Nowhere.They were one of the worst franchises out there for a long time.I don't know how you can turn a blind-eye to that.Guys like Chris Berman would have you believe the Packers were in constant contention from the start,but that is not true.By the way,Berman is the best PR man the Packers have,he established the myth with constant references to Lambeau field and the dominance of the great Packer teams.Secound best PR man is Madden who keeps talking about the great history of Lambeau,yet can anyone remember any other game played there,besides the Ice Bowl,that was considered historic.I laugh at their so-called great playoff record at Lambeau.The Packers were too busy losing regular season games at Lambeau,so they weren't able to host many playoff games.I guess the two most important men in their history would have to be Lombardi and Favre,since they stunk for a good decade before Lombardi's arrival and stunk for two and a half decades after he left,which brought us to the Favre era.

I don't necessarily disagree, but rereading that post got me thinking, What does constitute a "winning tradition", particularly in pro football? I don't have the time to really do any analysis to that end, but surely *some* CasteFootballer might be able to answer. Speedster, perhaps you can share your standard with us?

John

P.S. Sorry about the abbreviations in the title. The field was too small.
smiley9.gif

P.P.S. I know the topic has little or nothing to do with the caste system but I couldn't think of any other mb to put it.