Size with speed

Sean

Mentor
I wonder what this trolls sources cited page would look like if he ever wrote a paper:

1. Trust me on this
2. I'm an expert
3. Trust me on this
4. HAHAHA don't make me laugh, I'm a historian

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
from the time he entered the league in 2000 until last year, kick returner Dante Hall was usually mentioned as being one of the, if not "the," fastest players in the NFL. he reportedly ran a 4.21 40, for whatever that's worth.

strangely "unremembered" in the myth of Hall's supreme speed is the fact that in training camp in 2001 Hall was challenged to a foot race by a white, undrafted rookie free agent wide receiver from tiny Northeastern University (he hadn't been fast enough to play at a real school, you see) by the name of Dave Klemic.

Klemic won the race, but Hall claimed he had slipped on the start so they ran again. this time, Klemic won by an even wider margin.

Klemic, of course, was cut.

years later, Klemic still held up the challenge to race Hall at any time to prove who was the fastest, but Hall never accepted.

there are plenty of fast white athletes. but if they are never given the opportunity to play, how will they ever succeed?

Sean

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:
from the time he entered the league in 2000 until last year, kick returner Dante Hall was usually mentioned as being one of the, if not "the," fastest players in the NFL. he reportedly ran a 4.21 40, for whatever that's worth.

strangely "unremembered" in the myth of Hall's supreme speed is the fact that in training camp in 2001 Hall was challenged to a foot race by a white, undrafted rookie free agent wide receiver from tiny Northeastern University (he hadn't been fast enough to play at a real school, you see) by the name of Dave Klemic.

Klemic won the race, but Hall claimed he had slipped on the start so they ran again. this time, Klemic won by an even wider margin.

years later, Klemic still held up the challenge to race Hall at any time to prove who was the fastest, but Hall never accepted.

there are plenty of fast white athletes. but if they are never given the opportunity to play, how will they ever succeed?

Wow, great post Jimmy. This is a story I'd never heard.
smiley32.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Blind Dawg said:
You actually thought I thought...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, no... I didn't think you 'thought.' You proved in your idiotic ramblings that you hadn't 'thought' before posting.

Westside said:
I nominate White Shogun as our Rapid Deployment Force against Trolls like Blind Dawg. Man, its devastating watching those vids of Kimbo getting KO'd and Bute KO'ing that black fighter. Great Job!

Thank you Westside, and Philly Birds! I will try to respond as rapidly as possible!
smiley36.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Sean said:
Jimmy Chitwood said:

Wow, great post Jimmy. This is a story I'd never heard.
smiley32.gif

here's a link to an article mentioning this.

Wide receiver Dave Klemic honored an old challenge after practice. A few years ago, Klemic raced Dante Hall, the Chiefs' fastest player this year, and won . Klemic then went to play football in Scotland but came home early with a compound fracture. After some rehab, Klemic's leg is close to perfect. Today, Klemic said he would love to race Hall to see who the Chiefs' fastest runner really is.

and another one

Dave Klemic was a conference sprint champion at Northeastern, and gets the nod over Dante Hall only because he nipped Hall in a head-to-head 40-yard-dash this past summer in Wisconsin.

Westside

Hall of Famer
FYI, Justine Fargas is half black. His father is Antonio Fargas the actor, who played the pimp in the 70's Police drama called, "Beretta" played by Robert Blake who got away with killing his bimbo gold digger girlfriend approx 8 yrs ago.

Antonio Fargas looks like Snoop Dog's brother. The mother is snow white, naturally who is a former hippie with black panther ties.

Justine Fargas took after his mother's lily white skin, but still has his father's mug.
smiley36.gif

I do have to give Justine credit. He suffered a horrific knee injury at Michigan. Transferred to USC had a mediocre time there. Signed on with the Raiders, lotiered there for several, then had a 1000 yrds last year. He went to a premier Catholic H.S. where he was one of the most sought after running backs.

He believed himself and never gave up. Whites should do the same but scream in protest when discriminated.

SteveB

Mentor
Size with speed

What do Lendale White, Jerome Bettis, Ron Dayne, and most other RBs in the NFL have in common? Size and speed that is slower than many linemen.Edited by: SteveB

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It was nice to hear Merrill Hoge yesterday refer to Lendale White as bumbling, rumbling, and stumbling when they showed clips of him running the ball. That is usually reserved for white players no matter whether they are faster than anyone on the field or not, but it sure fits White, who is slow as molasses in winter. White is just plain fat.
smiley36.gif

dwid

Hall of Famer
they made fun of white a few times, on one highlight show they were saying on his touchdown run "he heard there was a buffet in the endzone" and then the next one "'he came back for dessert" and then another announcer on some other highlight was talking during a highlight saying "did i say 265, hes probably more like 275" only in the nfl can you have a fat black rb that is slow be starting and praised for his fat and someone like jacob hester isnt allowed to start because of "slow" speed

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Lendale White probably runs a 4.7 or so, the same speed as muscular FB Owen Schmitt who is stronger than Lendale White and should be used the same way as a change of pace power runner. I am sure Owen would be more consistent a runner than Lendale who was averaging 2.6 YPC through 6 games played, before a huge last week.

And that was a great post by JC! Dante Hall ran a "handtimed" 4.21 40 I believe and probably a 4.35 or so electronic. If I recall white speedster Kevin Curtis ran a 4.28 handtimed 40 in college, but a 4.41 at the NFL Combine.

But for a small school blazing white player player that wasn't wanted by Division one (how typical) to be faster than the fastest guy on the Chiefs just proves the existence of a caste system.

ESPN Scouts INC. talks about "speed is crucial" with skill players in their evaluations. However, with guys like Lendale White and Ron Dayne (4.65 combine 40), Laron McClain this year (4.88 40; probably the slowest HB in the last 10 years), but guys like Dave Klemic not being allowed to play Division IA football, it proves the disgusting system of emasculation against white males in our pathetic society.

P.S: Stan Zwinggi is a guy Draftdaddy has raved about. He plays for small school Texas State as a "RB" and has been pretty impressive statistically. He is projected by NFLdraftscout.com to run a 4.36 40 yard dash, but is ranked 90th "at WR" by their "scouting service".

Does anyone remember Brad Mueller the fastest football player in Division III for tiny Slippery Rock college. Mueller ran a 4.27 the Metro Index football camp and a 4.31 at a Nike Camp if I recall and was ranked around 61 overall for CBs that year by Scout and 28th by Rivals.com, but never saw the field for Boston College before transferring to focus on track!

If the guys never see the field in Division IA, how do people know they aren't legit prospects? Drunk white fans don't see that their is a system of racial discrimination in place.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Sorry for the double post, but I was just thinking of how much faster Brian Robison (a white defensive lineman) is than La'ron McClain who plays RB. Robison ran a legit 4.6 if I recall. There was a small school white DE last year that Draftdaddy said ran a 4.4x. Maybe these guys should play RB if McClain can? White RBs are either too big, too small, too fast, or too slow.
smiley5.gif

All this evidence that no fans pick up on just sickens me!

GWTJ

Mentor
We all seem to be forgetting about Matt Jones. Isn't he as fast or faster than anyone in the NFL?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
GWTJ said:
We all seem to be forgetting about Matt Jones. Isn't he as fast or faster than anyone in the NFL?
Faster AND bigger then Moss. If you want speed and size you should chose a white guy.

coolness11

Want to know something very odd? I emailed Jason Whitlock, the black writer that is sometimes featured on MSN.com not to long ago and in the email I highlighted many white guys that are not given a fair chance in the NFL, college sports, etc and the positions that they play. I also questioned why he bashed Matt Jones saying Matt Jones was never punished but Adam Jones was...I explained Matt Jones appealed his 3 game suspension on a first time offense. I also mentioned the URL of this website and said there is a cache of information on that website highlighting this topic of white players being treated unfairly. Oddly enough HE REPLIED to my email. This is his RESPONSE:

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 4:50 PM, <Ballstate68@aol.com> wrote:

I'll pray for you. You have some issues.

Jason Whitlock

Short response that does not acknowledge any of my valid points...but he does bother to reply. Then this guy "blind dawg" shows up on the forums. What a coincidence.

P.S. ballstate68@aol.com is his email address and can be found on many of his worthless columns.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
GWTJ said:
Faster AND bigger then Moss. If you want speed and size you should chose a white guy.

Very true! And Jones is basically equally fast to Calvin Johnson (4.37 for Jones compared to 4.35), but bigger, an inch taller and stronger. I wish Jones had a QB that threw down field more. Gerard is only a good game manager. I'd be salivating to what Jones could do with Brady!

whiteathlete33 said:
Tim Dwight was also very fast in his prime.

This would be around 2001-2003. During this time, he was with the Chargers, and he was arguably THE FASTEST man in the NFL during this time period. I watched this man, on numerous occasions, FLY up-field to make a catch or block for another reciever. Dwight, being a former track star at Iowa, had absolutely phenominal speed.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Didn't Tim Dwight run a 10.2x 100 meter dash? That is very close to world qualifying time. I think world qualifying, was 10.18 recently if I recall. Hershall Walker was considered one of the fastest players of his era and ran a PB 10.22 100 meter, so Dwight must have been "at least" one of the fastest 10 men in the NFL! HE very well could have been the fastest in the time frame you talk about Ground Fighter! The NFL has not gotten faster, since Hershall Walker's time, like track has because there is less steroid use.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
DWFs get their stereotypes and misinformation from the media, but when it comes to football, fantasy sites are more influential than ever. One I subscribe to has a tendency to rip unproven white quarterbacks and of course white receivers. Here is his explanation for Matt Jones' success this year:

Jag WR Matt Jones is putting up numbers because they have to throw more than they want to. Jones is lumbering, though, and a lot of his production is because he's so damn big. He does catch the ball, at least. It's all short stuff though, nothing down the field because he has no downfield speed.

He is either ignorant or deliberately lying, as with his long strides Jones doesn't look to be covering as much ground as he is. He also puts the cart before the horse; Jones is being used mainly on short passes because the Jags' o-line is so bad and because Garrard is not a good downfield passer.

Then we have this about Kevin Walter:
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Texan WR Kevin Walter is a little quicker than you might think. He understands how to find voids in zone and how to run routes. He's where he's supposed to be when he's supposed to be there.</LI>

This is supposed to be a compliment, but what he's saying is that we expect Walter to be slow because he's white and it's surprising that he isn't.

Fantasy sites are saturated with these type of stereotypes and incorrect statements.

ToughJ.Riggins said:
Dwight must have been "at least" one of the fastest 10 men in the NFL!

I'd say more like top 5. This guy could fly.

And you're correct about him running around a 10.2 in the 100 meters dash. He did have world class speed.
Edited by: Ground Fighter

Don Wassall said:
Kevin Walter is a little quicker than you might think.

I've read enough of that "columnists" garbage.

Done.

I think I'll go over to ESPN.com and practice my "deceptively fast" posting skills in some lame forum.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Ground Fighter

guest301

Hall of Famer
coolness11 said:
Want to know something very odd? I emailed Jason Whitlock, the black writer that is sometimes featured on MSN.com not to long ago and in the email I highlighted many white guys that are not given a fair chance in the NFL, college sports, etc and the positions that they play. I also questioned why he bashed Matt Jones saying Matt Jones was never punished but Adam Jones was...I explained Matt Jones appealed his 3 game suspension on a first time offense. I also mentioned the URL of this website and said there is a cache of information on that website highlighting this topic of white players being treated unfairly. Oddly enough HE REPLIED to my email. This is his RESPONSE:

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 4:50 PM, &lt;Ballstate68@aol.com&gt; wrote:

I'll pray for you. You have some issues.

Jason Whitlock

Short response that does not acknowledge any of my valid points...but he does bother to reply. Then this guy "blind dawg" shows up on the forums. What a coincidence.

P.S. ballstate68@aol.com is his email address and can be found on many of his worthless columns.

Coolness11. Columnist Jason Whitlock is well known around here and many of his excellent articles have been posted at CF. He's pretty fairminded and insightful for a mainstream media black sportswriter. It's interesting your contention that he may have logged on to the site. I hope he did. I don't read his articles everyday just the ones that get posted here, those are usually pretty good.

coolness11

I agree his columns are different from most black sportswriters that play the race card frequently but I have read a lot of his columns and in the majority of the ones I've read he takes a bias stance. He's not very skilled in writing in the sense he'll take a shallow stance on an issue and then completely backtrack and his stance is, then, completely up in the air. He'll bash Adam Jones for being an idiot to get in trouble again but then he'll hint at the fact that Dallas police are eager to arrest Pacman jones based on his skin color (again playing the race card). His most recent column says Charlie Weis is not a better coach than Tyrone Willingham (a black coach) -- at the beginning of the article he says "I never bashed Notre Dame for firing Willingham" but immediately backtracks and says Notre Dame got what they deserved in firing Willingham and hiring Weis.

I think what we have in Jason Whitlock is a black writer who is trying to be edgy and "break the mold" and point out what blacks do wrong as well as whites...kind of what Bill Cosby did. But his bias is to strong and it comes out in his articles. His articles are bunch of different almost contradicting opinions thrown together and at the end you're wondering truly what Jason Whitlock really feels about the issue.

If Whitlock wants to be evolutionary he needs to take a solid stance on the matter, and point out the truth in the reverse discrimination going on in the NFL with whites being discriminated against without backtracking and saying "well blacks were slaves for a long time so thats what white people deserve.."

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Good post coolness, welcome to the board. I agree that Whitlock writes half a good column. He seems to get it then at the last minute loses it again and falls back on the same old tired way of thinking. Edited by: jaxvid

coolness11

Matt Jones is phenomenal athlete. Why the Jags didnt keep him at QB is beyond me. Senior stats:

Matt Jones:
passing yards: 2073
passing tds: 15
rushing yards: 622
rushing tds: 6

Michael Vick:
passing yards: 1234
passing tds: 8
rushing yards: 617
rushing tds: 8

Now who is the better player at QB? Matt Jones is a better passer and rusher. Tell me why Vick got hype and went at #1 overall and Matt Jones with more of EVERYTHING except rushing tds which hes only 2 behind but 7 more passing tds goes at i think #18 with the JAGS who convert him to WR! Matt Jones is a better quarterback. With his athleticism and height he would be able to look over the O-line better as well. Put Matt Jones back at QB, hell put him as backup for a year and let him learn the playbook and play this athlete at QB.... wishful thinking. Matt Jones, if given a shot at qb, could take a team to the superbowl. guaranteed.