Signing Day

White Power

Mentor
I have been checking Rivals, Scout, and ESPN recruiting trying to gage just how many white, and hispanic kids that were offered D 1 Scholarships. I think the number may be higher this year because I count over 200 if you include tight ends the the number goes even higher. Mind you rivals has a bunch of the white kids listed as athletes and their were quite a few more than I expected to see. I will keep researching, but I feel like the were more white kids that signed this year than did last year. I don't really beleive that the numbers are that bad compared to last years. I will count the numbers thoroughly and post them later.

referendum

Mentor
couldn't resist looking at Notre Dame. 8 of 15 non special teamers were white including a WR and lots of defensive players.

White Power

Mentor
Alright preliminary numbers 47 dual threat QBs guys that are athletic and run a 4.7 or better. 27 running and all purpose backs combined I included polynesians, and hispanics, also a couple of others. 85 athletes who can play a number of positions. 101 wide receivers, and 126 tight ends they dominate over the blacks this year. 65 safteys and 20 or so corner backs that round out the list. I'm sure I may have missed some also if their going to an Ivy leauge school I included them because they give scholarships like the big schools, and many white players chose to go their instead of the D1 programs for the academics I beleive. The total I come up with is 471 which think is an improvement over last years total. I am sure that my numbers are not perfect however I wanted to go ahead,and get them out their I have been researching this for quite a while. It has become my hobby.
Edited by: White Power

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Thanks a lot for the info WP. The 27 RBs is still very low as compared to the 101 WRs. I do think that some of the Athletes listed on Rivals will play mostly RB, WR or Safety too; so 85 Athletes is encouraging. 101 WR signings that are non-black is encouraging b/c that is almost an average of one per FBS team; although you said you included Ivy league. And lots of white NFL WRs were walk-ons. I believe that the white percentage of FBS receivers now is around 20%; about double of 10 years ago.

CB doesn't seem to be improving at all; it might actually be getting worse; but IMO that is the only position that blacks have a noticeable advantage at on average among the elites in the population. It is a position that I think should only be about 40% white in the FBS; because the elite blacks on average have a backpedal and straight lined speed advantage. This is the only position that good top-end speed is essential to play. At RB: 10-15 yard burst, tackle breaking, agility, vision and hands out of the backfield are more important as long as your 40 yard speed is solid.

Personally I wouldn't include dark Polynesians in your reports because they are actually more likely by their numbers in the population to make it to the NFL than blacks. I heard this statistic on ESPN; that as a racial group Somoans are the most likely to make it to the NFL by their numbers. I don't mind including Hawaiians, East Asians, Arabs, Mestizos and Native Americans as anti-caste signings though because they aren't favored like the dark Polynesians (Somoans, Fijians, Tongans) and blacks are.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

White Power

Mentor
I know TJR however I like BYU and Utah just too name a couple of teams that have Polynesian running backs, and I happen to like them more than the brotha's. Also where I live, and in my line of work I have met many from the Islands and they don't act thuggish or have chips on their shoulders. Actually they act more goal oriented, and more main stream than most other ethnic groups. I would rather have them play for me any day than an ungrateful brotha. So that's why I included them, and I will follow them. Harevey Unga is a very good running back, and has a future in pro ball if he can stay healthy. Anyway back to the numbers other contributors feel free to chime in and what research you guys have done because I am interested in what others have found while researching this subject.

Is there going to be a thread on all the signings of white players per team, along with perhaps what "rating"? They were given? I think compiling a huge list of all the top white players would be a good way to keep tabs on people to follow, though I'm not sure if anyone has the kind of time to do something like that.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
ManifestDestiny said:
Is there going to be a thread on all the signings of white players per team, along with perhaps what "rating"? They were given? I think compiling a huge list of all the top white players would be a good way to keep tabs on people to follow, though I'm not sure if anyone has the kind of time to do something like that.

click here for a thread that is very similar to the one you're asking for.

and if you think compiling the info is a good idea, then why don't you get started compiling it?
smiley2.gif

everyone at Caste Football is a volunteer. feel free to contribute rather than asking everyone else to do what you want done. your time isn't any more valuable than anyone else's.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
How about we all pick a conference: I'll volunteer to write up the Big East (since I follow Rutgers living here in NJ). The only problem is that some recruits (mainly white ones) won't be in the Rivals database because Rivals didn't even think they warranted a profile.

Would Max Preps be a better site to look on? Does anyone know the best site that will list all the players signed by FBS teams?

If someone gives me a site I can get started soon, but I am going away skiing next week so I won't have it done for about two or three weeks or so.

I think we should score the teams like this:
4 pts. for white RBs and CBs signed
3 pts. for white WRs, DTs, Safeties and Athletes (most players listed as Athletes will play one of the 4 speed positions)
2 pts. for white QBs, TEs, FBs, DEs and LBs
1 pt. for white offensive line signees.

Just let me know a site to look up the signed players (It might be hard to find pictures of some) and I'll get started.

BTW: Special thanks to Riddlewire for doing the whole thing last year; that was quite a commitment to the cause; we appreciate it.

I would do the whole thing but don't have the time to do it. This year lets list the names of the white players by position and for white RBs, WRs, CB, Safeties and Athletes we should try to list their height, weight and 40 time if we can find it.

SO everyone interested pick a conference. I'll do the Big East, but can't promise it will be done until the end of the month.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Fellow Caste Footballers: please pick a conference for this project. Also if you guys would like; you could include the names of other races signings that are also victims of stereotyping.

Of course this is 100% the person doing the research's call if they want to do this. I personally will include some other races of my choice, but we shouldn't include them for the point scoring system to keep things consistent. Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I guess I'll start on the Big 12, since I am a big Nebraska fan. I'll get on it today.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Thanks a lot for volunteering Lambert. I am so busy this month that I won't be able to finish the Big East for a couple weeks because I'm going away this weekend and have a ridiculous amount of work this week. This may be my last post this week actually. Does anyone know the best site that will list all the signed players in the FBS?

Jimmy Chitwood said:
ManifestDestiny said:

click here for a thread that is very similar to the one you're asking for.

and if you think compiling the info is a good idea, then why don't you get started compiling it?
smiley2.gif

everyone at Caste Football is a volunteer. feel free to contribute rather than asking everyone else to do what you want done. your time isn't any more valuable than anyone else's.
Sorry I haven't even looked through much of the database like others here have. I am sorry to waste your valuable time.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Ok, here's the first two teams I did, Nebraska and Kansas. These are just their scholarship players.

I'll start off with the Big 12 North. Then I will do the Big 12 South.

Big 12 North

Nebraska - 18 Points. Pretty Good recruiting class for Bo Pelini here, except the lack of whites at defensive positions, even though Nebraska's walk-ons usually have some defesnive white guys. 9 out of 21 white for scholarships.

Running Backs - 4 pts.- RexBurkhead& nbsp;
Athlete- 3 pts,- Taylor Martinez
Defensive Tackle- 3pts.- Cole Pensick
Tight End- 2pts. J.T.- Kerr
Full Back- 2pts. C.J.- Zimmerer
Offensive Line- 4pts.- Jeremiah Sirles, Brent Qvale, Nick Ash, Jesse Coffey

Kansas - 7 Points. A pretty caste year for the Jayhawks under Mark Mangino. Kansas seems to be getting darker by the year now. Not looking good. ONLY 5 whites out of 24 players!
smiley7.gif

QB 2pts.- Jordan Webb
LB 2pts.- Huldon Tharp
OL-3pts.- Tom Mabry, Riley Spencer, Gavin Howard

Colorado - 11 Points. Hawkins did bring in two skill players, but besides the O-Line, the only whites he brought in. Also he brought in a white QB and Kicker.

S- 3pts.- Parker Orms
DE- 2pts. - Nick Kasa
QB- 2pts.- Clark Evans
OL- 3pts. - Jack Harris, Gus Handler, David Bakhtiari
K-1pt.- Zach Grossnickle

Iowa State - 18 Points. Pretty good here for Iowa State's recruitng class this year. 1 white HB and two white WRs. I wonder if the NCAA allows prgrams to recruit this many white skill players. 8 out of 21 scholarship players.

RB- 4pts- Beau Blankenship
Wrs- 6 Points - Donnie Jennert, Josh Lenz(can't tell about Lenz)
Lbs- 4 pts- A.J. Klein, Jake Knott
QB- 2pts- James Capello
OL- 2pts.- Aaron Moore, Kyle Lichtenberg. (Note: there is another OL, but he has no picture up.)

Missouri - 20 Points. Nice class here for Gary Pinkel. He is bringing 8 skill positions counting the two QBs. 10 out of 25 for Pinkel this year.

WR 3pts.- Alex Sanders
S- 3pts.- T.J. Moe
Lb- 4pts. - Adam Burton, Andrew Wilson
DE-4pts. - Brayden Burnett, Mark Hill
Qb- 4pts.- Ashton Glaser, Blain Dalton
OL- 2pts.- Justin Britt, Jack MeinersEdited by: Jack Lambert

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Good work Mr. Lambert! Nebraska looks like a promising program. Pelini seems like he is "relatively" fair to white players. Kansas is going darker.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Updated- Colorado, Missouri and Iowa State

Thanks John. I hope Sharp can have a chance next year under caste boy Mark Mangino. That is good Pelini seems to be fair to whites.Edited by: Jack Lambert

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I am going to do Rutgers, Cinci and UConn today and the other 5 teams in two weekends when I get back from my vacation.

Rutgers-4 Points
QB-2pts.- Tom Savage
TE-2pts.- Paul Carrezola

Wow this is disgusting. How can anyone deny that there is racism in play here when a team gives two white scholarships (at non-caste positions no less) out of 23. I only like Rutgers because they have started to play HB Joe Martinek and they are always on t.v here in Jersey. There really isn't much to like about this racist team!

Cincinnati-20 pts.-Still disappointing that there's ZERO white guys recruited for speed positions here. 10 out of 25 scholarships given is still too low, but at least I don't need a barf bag. This may become my new favorite team in the Big East if John Goebel continues to excel!

DT-6pts.-Sean McClellan, Jordan Stepp
DE-8pts.- Michael Hilty, Mitch Meador, Ryan Paxson, Dan Sprague
LB-2pts.- Will Saddler
TE-2pts.- Blake Annen
OL-2pts.- Austen Bujnoch, Mitch Kessel

Connecticut-13pts.- Dissappointing, but at least they signed one white Athlete; that should play a speed position. I'm guessing WR or Safety though. It's unfortunate when a class of 7 out of 21 being white is something to get excited about.

ATH-3pts.-Nick Williams 5'10 179lbs. 40-4.51
DE-4pts.-Tyler Bullock, Tim Willman
LB-2pts.-Mike Osiecki
QB-2pts.-Michael Box
OL-2pts.- Kevin Friend, Steve Greene

Louisville-4pts.-Wow this is utterly disgusting; 3 white signees out of 26. And only caste friendly positions to boot.

QB-2pts.-Adam Froman
OL-2pts.-Joe Evinger, Hunter Stout

Pittsburgh-8pts.-Dave Wannstedt continues to stay true to hatred of his own race. Truly disgusting that only 5 out of 22 scholarship athletes are white with no true anti-caste signings, other than maybe Kolby Gray if they truly start him at QB as a dual threat.

Lots of teams I've seen, have been signing white DEs so that isn't the biggest anti-caste deal.

QB-2Pts.- Kolby Gray (40: 4.48: Dual threat QB)
TE-2Pts.- Brock DeCicco
OL-2Pts.- Cory King, Ryan Schlieper
DE-2Pts.- Jack Lippert

South Florida-5pts.- Wow; just complete racism. Have a barf bag handy; this may induce vomiting; 3 out of 30 scholarships go to whites. I think I'll continue this "lack" of fun later with the two other Big East teams.

DE-2pts.-Luke Sager
LB-2pts.-Chase Griffiths
OL-1pt.- John McGhin

Syracuse-4pts.-A pathetic class. Only Either 3 (possibly 4) of the 14 scholarship signees are white and the new coach apparently thinks whites can only play a couple positions. Let's hope Syracuse remains a cellar dweller in the conference!

QB-2pts.-Charley Loeb
OL-2pts.-Zack Chibane, Andy Philips, (Justin Pugh? Couldn't find picture)

West Virginia-11pts.- 8 out of 24 signees being white is pretty darn bad, but this is actually looking better than Rich Rodriguez recruiting strategies (or should I say lack of strategy). The disappointing part is that the new coach had no 3 or 4 point white recruit and it was mostly only white o-lineman.

FB-2pts.-Chris Snook 40:4.7 (I predict they'll mostly use Snook like Owen Schmitt; hopefully he'll at least catch a few balls and get a few runs once in a while.)
OL-5pts.-Nick Kindler, Ryan Spiker, Pat Eger, Jordan Weingart, Cole Bowers
LB-2pts.-Branko Busick (Yes "Branko" is white, lol)
DE-2pts.-Curtis Feigt (Prospect is from Germany)
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------
The winner of the Big East Recruitment Bonanza is Cincinatti! A 40% white class and two 3 point white signees!

UConn is close behind, b/c they had less scholarships and signed the only white speed position player in the entire conference, Nick Williams.

The loser looks to be Louisville. 3 white signees out of 26; and only a QB and two offensive lineman signed. Rivals is cackling with joy at the look of this team.

South Florida was absolutely horrible, but at least they signed two white Defensive players; Syracuse had a small class and was pretty bad.

I am probably abandoning Rutgers as a team I like after seeing what Schiano is doing with the team lately. I will cheer for Martinek; who IMO is probably even a little better than Leonard, and like B-Leap he is underutilized. However, with the current RBs on the roster Martinek really has something to gripe about big time; he is far and away their best back.

With Leonard he shouldn't have had more than half the carries IMO with how Rice was playing in his final two years on the team. If I were the coach Brian would have gotten almost half the carries. He would have gotten work at tailback and FB in the first 3 or so quarters and been used more creatively as a pass catcher. I would have put B-Leap in late in games as the featured tailback, but Rice probably still would have led the team in carries by a slim margin.
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I believe Josh Lenz is white if I recall and according to recruiting planet; his coach says he runs a 4.35 40. I think he was mentioned in the h.s forum.

Edited to add: Yep I found a photo of him on his school's homepage he's #20. He's indeed white. I saw a pic of him somewhere else on the net with the sun shinning on him that makes him look mulatto, but he is indeed white. Interesting that he was an all-state selection at RB in Iowa, but Iowa State wants him as a WR. He is a little thin for an FBS RB at 6 foot 180lbs., but he could certainly add weight.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I'll get to K-State later, as they have a crappy recruitng class, and a lot of guys without pictures, and I don't have time right now to look for them.

On to the Big 12 South. Here are Texas and Oklahoma.

Texas- 9 Points. It looks like Mack Brown didn't feel like recruiting many whites this year. Only one white defensive player this year for the 'horns. Only 6 whites for them this year total.
smiley11.gif

DE- 2pts. Kyle Kriegel
QB- 2pts.- Garret Gilbert
TE- 2pts. - Trey Graham. Won't get much playing time, Texas usually doesn't use the Tight End in their Offense.
OL- 3pts. - Mason Water, Paden Kelly, Garret Porter

Oklahoma- 19pts. 9 out of the 24 scholarships so far are whites. What surprised me is the number of skill position players were white. Stoops surprised me by recruiting 3 White Lbs and a white safety this year.

WR-3pts.- Cameron Kenney (Looks pretty white to me, maybe Indian.)
S-3pts.- Marshall Musil
TE- 2pts.- Gabe Ikard
LB- 6pts.- Tom Wort, Jaydan Byrd, Gus Jones
QB- 2pts.- Drew Allen
DE- 2pts.- Justin Chaisson
OL- 1pt.- Tylar Evans

Texas Tech- 12 Points- Not a very good year for Texas Tech this year. The highlights from this year are WR Aaron Fisher and MLB Brandon Mahoney, who looks to be Indian or mixed, but not black. 7 out of 26 scholarships are white!
smiley7.gif
There is something wrong with that.

WR- 3pts.-Aaron Fisher
LB-2pts.- Brandon Mahoney
QB-2pts.- Jacob Karam
DE-2pts.-Trevor Reilly
OL-3pts.- Matt Goetz, Kyle Clark, Joel Gray

Texas A@M -15 Points. - An ok class here for Mike Sherman. Highlights of this class include HB Ryan Swope, and DT Stephen Barrera . Only 7 out of 27 scholarships went to whites. Yet again I have to say this number is disgusting.
smiley11.gif

HB-4pts.- Ryan Swope
DT-3pts.- Stephen Barrera
LB-4pts.- Aaron Arterburn, Michael Lamothe
TE-2pts.- Hutson Prioleau
K-1pt.- Ryan Epperson
OL-1pt.- Clinton Naron

Oklahoma State - 9 Points. Well, It looks like Gundy is a big caste boy. Only two whites at non-caste positions, except both of them at DE. The rest of the whites are two QBs and an OL! Mike Gundy appears to be making a run at Mack Brown for biggest caste coach in the Big 12. Oklahoma State is getting darker. This will be a sickening team in a year or two.
smiley11.gif
5 out of 23 scholarships given were to whites.

DE-4pts.- David Paulsen, Andrew Hudson
QB-4pts.- William Moore, Clint Chelf
OL-1pt.- Parker Graham

Baylor - 12 Points. Not much here to say about Art Bryles' class here. A typical all black recruiting class with the exception of O-Line and QB. The two Qbs won't get any playing time as long as black QB Robert Griffen is there. What draws attention here, are a pair of white safeties Baylor has recruited. A third safety also looks to be mixed. Not counting the mixed safety, 6 out of 28 of scholarships were white. I hate to repeat myself, but truly disgusting.

S-6pts.- Brody Trahan, Mike Hicks
QB-4pts.- Jarod Monk, Bryce Petty
OL-2pts.- Stefan Huber, Jeramie RobertsEdited by: Jack Lambert

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Wow that is surprising coming from Stoops; good to hear.

Texas has looked extremely anti-white of late, under Brown. According to a message board I was on Texas was the only FBS team in Texas that wasn't interested in Burkhead as a tailback.

They apparently said they MIGHT give him reps at tailback, but wanted him to accept their offer right away or they would pull it; they supposedly preferred him at Safety or WR.

Burkhead kindly said "no thank-you" and seemed to take that as an insult.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, and Texas A&M are done. Update!Edited by: Jack Lambert

Thanks for doing this guys, appreciate it.
smiley32.gif

Interesting to see Ryan Swope going to A&M, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for him to see if he gets any playing time.
Sleeper: Ryan Swope. An athlete who can do it all, Swope could project in a number of different roles for the Aggies and should find a way to make an impact in some capacity.
[url]http://www.footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=909 549[/url]Edited by: ManifestDestiny

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I am doing the other 4 Big East teams sometime next week on Wednesday or Thursday. Sorry for the delay guys I'm going away in two days and have a crazy amount of work (some of which I'm doing right now on my computer). Also, sometimes the player's pictures are hard to find.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Updated: Baylor is done. I will start working on the Pac-10 now. Edited by: Jack Lambert