Sept. 11...

cslewis1

Guru
In 1999 when I lived in Phoenix, there were 2-3 Arab men who were apprehended after their America West flied landed. They tried to force their way into the cockpit of the plane during the flight, saying they were simply looking for the bathroom. This was on the front page of the Arizona Republic if I recall correctly.

The flight attendants said they were acting very suspiciously. But of course, the Arabs claimed it was racism and discriminatiion for them to even have questioned. Once the racism claim was raised, noone in the media dared to do any other investigation or research. So that story just went away. 9-11 happens and it turns out that some of these perps had taken flight training in Arizona. More than a coincidence if you ask me.

However, noone gives a crap. The media, the govt. the universities, the police, all of them are more afraid to be called racist than anything else. It is that simple. If we lived in a society with any kind of sense, we'd have addressed black on white crime a long, long time ago.

JD074

Master
Bart said:
<P =subline_>BUSH: The terrorists attacked us and killed 3,000 of our citizens before we started the freedom agenda in the Middle East.
<P =subline_>QUESTION: What did Iraq have to do with it?
<P =subline_>BUSH: What did Iraq have to do with what?
<P =subline_>QUESTION: The attack on the World Trade Center.
&lt;P =subline_&gt;BUSH: Nothing. Except it's part of â€â€￾ and nobody has suggested in this administration that Saddam Hussein ordered the attack. Iraq was a â€â€￾ Iraq â€â€￾ the lesson of September 11th is take threats before they fully materialize, Ken. Nobody's ever suggested that the attacks of September the 11th were ordered by Iraq</blockquote>http://www.politicalhotwire.com/1916-bush-said-iraq-had-nothing-do.html

Bart, here's a clip of that press conference:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTiKpCuxAog&mode=related&sear ch=[/url]

Listen to the last 25 seconds or so. Bush basically says that "resentment and the lack a hope" creates a breeding ground for terrorists, the way to defeat resentment is with hope, and "the way to do hope is through a form of government." In other words, he had to invade Iraq, kill tens of thousands of people, and instill a new Iraqi government because that was the best way to get rid of "resentment and the lack a hope." Absolutely insane stuff.

I think a big reason why he's so inarticulate is because he is such a miserable liar. He is trying to remember the lies that someone else probably told him to say, but stumbles all over his own words in the process. Edited by: JD074

cslewis1

Guru
JD074 said:
[In other words, he had to invade Iraq, kill tens of thousands of people, and instill a new Iraqi government because that was the best way to get rid of "resentment and the lack a hope." Absolutely insane stuff.

The resentment certainly was there well before Iraq was it not?