Mentor
The Rutgers White Starters:

QB Ryan Hart
FB Brian Leonard -First Team All Big East
TE Clark Harris-First Team All Big East
C Joe Giacobbe

DE Ryan Neil-First Team All Big East
MLB Will Gilkison

6 white starters ,but they are very good. Brian Leonard led Big East in all purpose yards despite getting a little banged up. He's a pro prospect. He's a fast 230lbs. Ryan Neil was second in Big East in sacks and is a run stuffer as well. Clark Harris - 53 rec. 725 yards. He's fast too ,so these are three guys that we may see in the pros.
smiley4.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Brian Leonard reminds me a little bit of Chance Kretschmer who just graduated from Nevada last year.A big,bruising
running back/full back who can keep moving the sticks.He
should have a descent shot to make the nfl like you said.
We have a thread on him at the college football stars section.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Brian is the primary runner this year, even though he is still listed as a Fullback. He has 2 100 yard games out of 3 this season. Rutgers will be playing at home against Pittsburgh Friday at 8PM on ESPN 2. Lets hope he runs wild against Wannstedt's black panthers! This is a big Big East game for Rutgers. I wish I could watch the game, but I don't have ESPN 2 on my cable.
smiley6.gif
I guess I'll have to settle for Fox Sports Gametracker!Edited by: Colonel_Reb

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What do you know.Back to back games,two nights in a row with white running backs as the stars.I wouldn't believe it if I saw it with my own eyes.
smiley2.gif
I hope Brian Leonard can go over the century mark again.Go Rutgers!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
You're right, White Lightning, this is an extremely rare occurrence.

I'm from Pittsburgh and have a degree from Pitt, but nothing would make my day today and tomorrow more than seeing Kyle Bell tear it up tonight, followed by lowly Rutgers with their "lowly" white running back Brian Leonard take it to Pitt and its over-rated, Caste System-loving head coach Dave Wannstedt.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Rutgers is on ESPN gameplan right now. Watch Brian Leonard the RB. Also, it looks like Sam Johnson is the backup for Harris Clark at the tight end spot on the team. Here's an update on their white starters.

Offense
QB Ryan Hart
FB Brian Leonard -First Team All Big East
TE Clark Harris-First Team All Big East
C Joe Giacobbe

Defense
DE Ryan Neil-First Team All Big East
MLB Will Gilkison

LB Brad Cunningham is also getting some good playing time.Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Brian Leonard got 24 carries for 78 yards for 2 TD's, and 4 catches for 15 yards in a loss to West Virginia today.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I feel bad for guys like Leonard,Hillis,Haas,etc. because they are stuck on bad to average football teams.Most of them don't have a good quarterback.Brian had a good game today despite them keying on him.It's too bad they didn't win in such a important game.

JD074

Master
white lightning said:
I feel bad for guys like Leonard,Hillis,Haas,etc. because they are stuck on bad to average football teams.

Absolutely, WL. That's the problem. When top programs like USC start awarding scholarships to white wide receivers and even- God forbid- RB's and CB's, then we'll know that things are really getting better. I'm happy for all of these players that are doing well in college football, but it's such a tenuous situation. Div. I head coaches have to start giving these guys scholarships, and then starting jobs (once they've earned that privilege, and of course many of them will.)

That's really the big step that needs to be taken at this point. We see how a little success seems to get the ball rolling for other white athletes (like Colonel Callan says about track and field, especially the 400m.) Having several star white WR's and/or RB's playing for elite programs could really have a lot of impact on the sports world as a whole, perhaps more than just about anything else. (It would be hard to beat an Olympic gold medal in the 100m, of course.) And it could so easily happen. Unlike the 100m, the talent is already out there. It's well within the realm of possibility.

Perhaps the NFL would still try ignore them by saying that they're not right for the pro game or some such crap. But if there was a genuine surge of white talent into these programs (not just one or two but several,) it would become very difficult to ignore all of them.