Ruslan Chagaev vs. Wladimir Klitschko

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Only three days to go now.

I can hardly wait for this fight!
smiley1.gif

I looked at an ESPN schedule yesterday and it indicated that it will be on ESPN Classic at 4 PM ET. Is this the accurate time?

guest301

Hall of Famer
Well my Saturday afternoon plans are made now. Maybe Teddy Atlas will come down with a cold or something and we will all be spared his hatred of the Klitschko brothers.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I sure wish Klitschko was fighting Haye! Yes sportshistorian that time seems right. I am looking forward to the undercards of the fight as well which will not be shown on tv. Hopefully we can find a link to watch Ustinov fight Michael Sprott.Edited by: whiteathlete33

white is right

Hall of Famer
I have already seen the fight listed on some pirate sites. I actually like Atlas in a way. It's fun to seem him eat crow after Vitali or Wlad beats up on another US hope....
smiley2.gif

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"I actually like Atlas in a way. It's fun to seem him eat crow after Vitali or Wlad beats up on another US hope...."

Hahaha, yeah, Atlas always seems like such a moron after picking the wrong fighter each and every fight.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Wlad weighed in at 240. Chagaev 225.

240 is too light for Wlad. I prefer the 246 he came in at when he savaged Ray Austin in 2 rounds. When Wlad comes in light like against Ibragimov (238) or Thompson (241) is when he produces the snoozers.Edited by: Liverlips

The Hock

Master
What a soap opera. First the change of opponents. Then some group called The Association of Professional Ringside Physicians wants the fight postponed because Chagaev carries the Hepatitis B virus.
Now the WBA says the fight isn't for the unification after all. If I were a conspiracy theorist...

I just hope Vlad can keep his focus.

Edited by: The Hock

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The Hock said:
What a soap opera. First the change of opponants. Then some group called The Association of Professional Ringside Physicians wants the fight postponed because Chagaev carries the Hepatitis B virus.
Now the WBA says the fight isn't for the unification after all. If I were a conspiracy theorist...

I just hope Vlad can keep his focus.

I'd bet my life it was a Jew at the Association of Professional Ringside Physicians who made the statement trying to stop this fight, to 1) prevent a white man from becoming Ring Heavyweight Champion and to 2) smear Wlad's win today before it even happens.

Chagaev does not have the surface (active) Hep B antigen, he just has an antigen which indicates he's HAD Hep B. Most of us had the measles virus as children and so we carry the measles antigen. It's not a big deal, Chagaev is not contagious.

Two billion people in the world have the Hep B antigen, it is especially common in Africa. I was vaccinated for Hep B, so I carry the antigen myself.

Hep B antigen vaccineEdited by: JD1986

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Is the fight off or something? I thought it was supposed to be airing on ESPN classic. They are showing some old fights and no listing of the Klitschko fight.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Is the fight off or something? I thought it was supposed to be airing on ESPN classic. They are showing some old fights and no listing of the Klitschko fight.

It's on in about an hour. The schedule wasn't changed in time.

This is a great day for the heavyweight division - we'll finally have a Ring Champion, thanks to Ring Editor Nigel Collins' decision last week. If Steve Farhood was still their top man, I'm certain this fight wouldn't be for the Ring title.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Ustinov won by UD. He looked pretty good and had Sprott in trouble several times. Unfortunately the stream wasn't working too good.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Does anybody have feed in English? I might even take Atlas' whining over the feed I have.....
smiley36.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Klitschko looks his best ever in todays fight. He looks quicker than earlier fights and is landing punches at will on Chagaev.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Chagaev just quit on the stool after a beating at the end of the previous round. Pretty weak. At least VK now has 3 belts after completely outclassing yet another HW contender!

Edit: It was the ref who called the fight in Ruslan's corner.Edited by: Thrashen

The Hock

Master
Teddy Witless couldn't work this one. He sprained his mouth trying to say Ruslan Chagaev. At least that's the excuse David Haye suggested to him.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
The fact Chagaev did go 9 rounds with Wlad after so little time in the ring the past couple of years also says something about Chagaev's heart and toughness.

Congratulations Wlad
smiley32.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
Chagaev just quit on the stool after a beating at the end of the previous round. Pretty weak. At least VK now has 3 belts after completely outclassing yet another HW contender!

Edit: It was the ref who called the fight in Ruslan's corner.

The doctor and corner advised the ref to stop it. Ruslan himself didn't want to quit.

This was a virtually flawless performance by Wladimir!
smiley32.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Personally I hope Haye goes after Vitali now since Wlad has a few mandatory defenses coming up. After Vitali beats Haye hopefully we will never have to hear from him again.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Wlad looked great tonight. He uses his skill set to make the third ranked Heavyweight quit on his stool. He was relaxed and appeared to be in excellent condition to go 12 rounds.

When you watch Wlad fight it appears he could do more, but that punishing left jab and after every ten jabs, that crushing right hand just breaks world class fighters, such as today. Bottom line, he wins, either KO's his opponent or makes them quit. Pretty impressive to me.

In the words of Wlad, "f..k Haye, I am moving on, let him earn the right to fight for the Championship." In regards to his supposed injury. Yeah, let him fight Povekin first. Congrats Wlad!
smiley32.gif