remember when Franco Harris establised this move, but he was the
exception. How many yards could be gained or games won in the
last moments if more bruthas would take the ball up field instead of
avoiding contact ala "Slime time" Saunders? Eventually the NFL
will turn into a no contact sport, or a pre-scripted track
meet.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
You can tell most of these new black players can't and won't take the contact that the sport has personified since its inception. Football is becoming less physical and less fundamentally sound. I do not think it is a coincidence that it happened over the course of years when blacks became the majority of the players.

The mentality driving pro football now is to avoid contact whenever possible in order to prolong one's career as long as possible. In other words it's all business -- don't do anything that might jeopardize the next paycheck. That mentality nearly always trumps the former principle of trying to get as many yards as possible on every play because it's best for the team, not to mention the right way to play the sport.

JoeV

Guru
Funadmental tackling has also gone out the window, with everyone trying to make a "SportsCenter" big hit tackle. Wonder who makes up the majority of defensive players
smiley5.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
It always cracks me up when a game announcer says, "They're expecting big things from [name] this year, its the last year of his contract." Which implies that [name] doesn't play at his best game in game out, year after year. He will only play his best ball when he is up for some new money.

"SHOW ME THE MONAY!!!"