Rugby World Cup 2007

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
quotas are dead wrong.

merit is what should matter. if the person is good enough to get the job, then they should get it. basing any hiring practice on skin color is ridiculous!

if merit were all that mattered, then the NFL, like most every other sector of professionalism in the USA would be, by a vast majority, white.

the problem with your notion of
...the team could use a few more blacks in such a black country.
is that this only applies when something is majority white. none of the so-called "fair" people who want to force the rugby team to accept black players is concerned at all with the fact that South Africa's national soccer team is virtually all black. no one seems to want to put a white-quota on it, do they?

if a thing is all (or majority) black, then the claim is that "blacks are just better."

apparently, white people can never just be better at something.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Well if you read the rest of my post; I basically dismissed the idea of quotas in sports. This is for the fact that it would cause the new introduction of quotas or more affirmative action laws for blacks in other areas of the workforce where they are certainly no longer needed. This is even though sports are the area where the most racial bias occurs by far and would make more sense than any other place for quotas to be implemented.

But that withstanding I think one black and one mixed race starter out of 11 on the Rugby team in an 80% black 10% white country is bound to cause some aggravation. I'm not so sure that the best players aren't playing, considering how good the SA rugby team is, but I could see how black South Africans would be upset. It is similar to how we get upset with the NFL being 75% black in a 70% white country with some positions completely off limits to whites. The best players are probably playing in SA unlike the NFL, but you can bet most SA blacks don't think so. And even if they do it is still aggravating to them to be so underrepresented on the National Rugby team.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

devans

Mentor
TJR. Just to let you know, there are 15 players in a Rugby team, well there are in the kind of Rugby played in the world cup, which is called Rugby Union. There is another "code" of Rugby called Rugby League which has 13 players.
I think the reason there are so few black players that have made the final 15 is because in South Africa Soccer is way more popular with the black population, whereas rugby is the game of the European population of RSA. It is difficult to claim someone is not picking the best 15 when they have just won the world cup. I am totally against quotas in Sport whether to favor white black or whoever. The best players should be picked.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Well if you read the rest of my post; I basically dismissed the idea of quotas in sports...

i did read your whole post, mate. i simply disagree with your conclusions.

ToughJ.Riggings said:
But that withstanding I think one black and one mixed race starter out of 11 on the Rugby team in an 80% black 10% white country is bound to cause some aggravation. I'm not so sure that the best players aren't playing, considering how good the SA rugby team is, but I could see how black South Africans would be upset...

as was stated already, there are 15 players on the field per team at a time. but that isn't the point.

here is the point: all-white national rugby team = BAD. all-black national soccer team = PERFECT.

THAT is a double standard, and that's what i'm getting at. if the soccer team is black because the blacks are better than the whites, as is argued, then that is fine. but the fact that whites can't even be considered to be better athletes than blacks in rugby is ridiculous.

every time an all-white thing exists, it is HORRIBLY RACIST. however if it is an all-black thing, the powers that be have absolutely no problem with it, and in fact encourage it. therein lies the problem.

PitBull

Guru
Who's doing the bean counting? The fact that people are just tells you that
race is omnipresent in multi-racial societies, and why multi-racial societies
are fragile and doomed to failure. If one group does worse than the other,
envy and attacks ensue. Its the Cain and Abel story writ large.

I agree with Jimmy--it is a double standard and an anti-white one. SA is
going down the tubes anyway. It won't be long before the rugby team goes
along with it.

White_Savage

Mentor
Team sports in White societies should be all White all the time. We should not be heroizing another race in our peacable contests. It would be bad enough if Whites were worshipping Asians or something for their performance in some endeavor, but to set the *******, the absolute worst race of people on Earth, as a star in your society is obscene.

Boxing and MMA is a horse of a different color. They should be allowed to exist in fight sports for the purpose of being defeated. If it looks like a given Black fighter is too tough for the current crop of White contenders, they should be subtly introduced by some clever fellows to the wonders of heroin, not a hard thing to induce your typical Black athlete into.

guest301

Hall of Famer
White_Savage said:
If it looks like a given Black fighter is too tough for the current crop of White contenders, they should be subtly introduced by some clever fellows to the wonders of heroin, not a hard thing to induce your typical Black athlete into.

You have got to be kidding but you are probably not. White Savage,They already accuse us of doing that very same thing, like we are responsible for all their bad choices in life. If that so-called black fighter you are talking about is better than all the white counterparts then God Bless him,I have no problem with that. No need for any skullduggery on our part.
smiley2.gif

White_Savage

Mentor
Don't get me wrong, I think that Whites are, all things considered, as good as athletes as Blacks, at least in the primordial state. For every little statistical edge they possess (like in sprinting) we seem to possess a counter-edge (like in weightlifting).

But I'm older and wiser than I used to be now, and I realize what a mistake it was/is to ever give some racial alien the chance to embarass any White athlete or Whites as a whole, ever. Exhibit A, Jack Johnson, tragedy that he didn't accept Jeffries' invitation to fight in the basement, and tragedy Jeffries didn't bury him there after he got through grounding and pounding the mountebank.

The purpose of sports is not actually to determine which human individual is "best" at activities which are for the most part impractical anyway, but to train, entertain, and provide inspiration to ONE'S OWN TRIBESPEOPLE. Sport is a competition to be played out WITHIN the group, that's the reason it has rules, form, and rarely kills the participant. The sort of competition appropriate without the Tribe is called "war", be it literal war, economic war, political/ideaological war, it matters not. Here there are no rules, no form, and the only concern is victory.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
White_Savage said:
The purpose of sports is not actually to determine which human individual is "best" at activities which are for the most part impractical anyway, but to train, entertain, and provide inspiration to ONE'S OWN TRIBESPEOPLE. Sport is a competition to be played out WITHIN the group, that's the reason it has rules, form, and rarely kills the participant. The sort of competition appropriate without the Tribe is called "war", be it literal war, economic war, political/ideaological war, it matters not. Here there are no rules, no form, and the only concern is victory.

Thank You, I Thank You for this.

This gem, this depth, needs to be on the front page of Caste Football.

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
tiksseven said:
Best team at the rugby world cup was Fiji

Ahhhh no; that is not true b/c they didn't win. They are certainly talented for such a small nation, but they did not win. By definition the best team is the winners.

The success of whites in Rugby to me and the skill that the best speed players show on the field in Europe certainly shows that whites could make good RBs, WRs in the NFL. I really think Europeans must find the NFL strange, with so few whites. I think that is a big reason NFL Europe didn't catch on there. The underrepresentation of whites just defies logic to them.