Roy Jones- dogfighting

Bart

Hall of Famer
We've had a few threads about gambling, and dogfighting among black athletes.Animalfightingmust be more pervasive than most sports fans have supposed.

[url]http://www.nbc15online.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id= 5a5c1463-3801-459e-bba5-20cef4a8c595 [/url]

Roy Jones Jr. involved in dogfighting? NBC15 News Investigates
<DIV =MediaBlockRight>
<DIV =MediaBorder>(PENSACOLA, FL) Jan. 2-- Roy Jones Junior is in the spotlight, but not for his abilities as a professional boxer. Instead, it's for allegedly participating in dogfighting. The World Boxing Champion grew up in Pensacola and still lives in the area. Now he is under fire for claiming helets dogs fight on his property in Cantonment. Jones now claims, however,what he said was taken out of context.
<DIV =MediaBorder>Around the world, Roy Jones Jr. is well-known in the boxing ring.In Pensacola, it's a different ring that's drawing speculation and accusations. The followingis what Roy JonesJr. is quoted as saying to a reporter from the New York Daily News: "I was (letting them fight) to a degree, but not like that serious. Maybe like the longest I let them go was a half-hour, but I never let them fight to the death 'causeI can't take that."

Powerful words. In fact, so powerful, Roy Jones claims he was mis-quoted. Heimmediately contacted his attorney, Fred Levin. So did we.

Jenna Susko: "So what does he mean by 15 minutes, half an hour?"

Fred Levin: "That they play. When he was 15-years-old he said that he actually attended or got involved in one dog fight and that's what he was referring to when the newspaper guy talked to him. He loves his dogs. He would never put them in any dogfight."

But that doesn't apply to the rest ofhisanimals, according to Levin."Iknow he trained his roosters to fight in Louisiana." Levin tells us Jones looks at animal fighting the same way as boxing. Yet in boxing, people choose to fight and they also get paid for it, animals don't.
<DIV =MediaBorder>(snip)

I watched a program on dog fighting a few months ago. I have had pitbulls in the past. GREAT & VERY LOVING dogs. I've heard stories of the dogfights but never knew or realized just how brutal these owners are to their dogs.

What I saw was unbelievably disgusting & cruel. Pouring acid on the dogs to toughen the skin, beating the dogs with baseball bats, raping the dogs with "Rape Sticks" to make them mean etc. etc....When they lost a fight they would be tortured to death. Some were lit on fire, some hanged, some were wet down & electricuted, etc. etc. I was in shock of all the things that these people do to their dogs.

these people that do this to dogs are incredibly sick human beings. The world doesn't have any use for these people!