Ron Paul in 2008!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Keep spreading the word/message on Dr.Paul's record and platform. Donate when/what you can, but the key is to spread the word as much as possible!
smiley1.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I heard J.T. and Dave on Supertalk Mississippi discussing Ron Paul's climb to prominance over the last quarter and how support for him is skyrocketing. Dave is a Ron Paul man himself and says so frequently on his show. This was a shock to me, as I quit listening to these guys over 6 years ago because I thought they were both neo-con shills. It is nice to hear some paleo-conservative discussion for a change!
smiley32.gif

LittleRebel

White Shogun said:
KJ, do those guys all appear to be Internet-geek types or do they appear to come from different social-economic classes, as far as you can tell?
I belong to a philadelpiha Ron Paul meet up group and i'm 28.

C Darwin

Mentor
Ron Paul in South Carolina July 21!

Here's your chance! Don't miss this exciting opportunity:

Presidential Candidate and Congressman Ron Paul will be in South Carolina. He will be appearing at two events for his supporters and members of the South Carolina Republican Party. This will be a great opportunity for every Ron Paul supporter in the area to come see the Congressman, and share his message of Freedom, Peace, and Prosperity.

Ron Paul Lunch Program with Spartanburg Republican Party
Come see Congressman Ron Paul in Spartanburg, South Carolina! The Congressman will be appearing at a lunch function sponsored by the Spartanburg Republican Party.

After the lunch function, the Congressman will speak to the assembly, who will then submit questions they would like to ask the Congressman. Ron Paul will then spend 30 minutes answering the questions selected. This will be a great opportunity for Ron Paul supporters in the Spartanburg-Greenville area to come see the Candidate and show your support.

The Lunch Program is being held at the Summit Pointe Meetings & Events Center, 805 Spartan Blvd, Spartanburg, SC 29301. The Summit Pointe Center is located off of exit 21 of Interstate 26.

Tickets for the Lunch and following program will cost $25, with the proceeds going to the Spartanburg GOP. (if you can't afford the $25 be there early and greet RP when he arrives.

Ron Paul Rally in Greenville
Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul will be celebrating liberty at a rally of his South Carolina supporters. The Congressman will speak for the assembly, followed by a question and answer session. This is your chance to see the Congressman up close and personal. We're expecting a crowd from all of the Ron Paul supporters in SC, NC, GA, TN, and FL.
The rally will be held at the Carolina First Center (formerly the Palmetto Expo Center), located at One Exposition Avenue, Greenville SC, 29607.

Please RSVP

www.ronpaul2008.com

7/21/07 12 PM to 1:30 PM
Ron Paul Lunch Program with the Spartanburg Republican Party
Come see Congressman Ron Paul in Spartanburg, South Carolina! The congressman will be appearing...
Summit Pointe Meetings & Events Center Spartanburg, SC

7/21/07 3 PM to 5 PM
Ron Paul Rally in Greenville
Come see Ron Paul in Greenville, South Carolina! Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul..
Go to www.ronpaul2008.com

Please Spread the word we need a large turnout.
Carolina First Center (formerly Palmetto Expo Center) Greenville, SC

C Darwin

Mentor
August 03, 2007 01:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Ron Paul Wins FreedomWorks GOP Presidential Straw Poll

Online Poll Receives a Staggering 16,371 Individually Validated Ballots

WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FreedomWorks officially closed its Republican Presidential Straw Poll early this morning after 16,371 limited government conservatives cast their votes over 3 days of polling. Texas Representative Ron Paul won by a wide margin with 56 percent of the vote. Senator Fred Thompson snatched the second place position, with Duncan Hunter taking third. The FreedomWorks Straw Poll provides the most complete view of the limited government movement heading into the Iowa Straw Poll on August 11th. For complete results, visit http://www.freedomworks.org/strawpoll

FreedomWorks launched this Straw Poll to gauge the opinions of the economic conservative community. The Straw Poll was open to the grassroots community from July 31 to August 2 on the FreedomWorks web site. Voters had a choice of one of the eleven current and likely future candidates in the race for the GOP presidential nomination in 2008.

The FreedomWorks GOP Straw Poll was engineered to allow for only one vote per e-mail address, and all email addresses had to be validated to count in the poll, making it one of the most accurate online polls. LinkEdited by: C Darwin

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Any of you guys here about a debate that was televised on ABC? I missed it, and from what I've been hearing they kept changing the date and time. The poll results had Paul first with 1000 votes, Romney next with 100. The count was reset and Paul was again ahead with 400. Next in line? No one, I'm voting Democrat. [LOL}

Anybody seen or heard of anything from this debate?

C Darwin

Mentor
Ron Paul
Mitt Romney
Rudy Giuliani
Nobody. I'm waiting for Fred Thompson or Newt Gingrich to enter the race.
Nobody won. I'm voting Democratic.
Mike Huckabee
Sam Brownback
Tom Tancredo
John McCain
Tommy Thompson
Duncan Hunter
Total Vote: 31,036
@ 7:00 PM EST
3rd Rep. Debate Feat. Dr. Paul (youtube)Edited by: C Darwin

hedgehog

Mentor
Did anyone notice the Drudge report spammed their own poll? Ron Paul had roughly 35% of the vote. Sam Brownback had 34%, while nobody else was even close. The attempt was to try to prove that a few spammers can influence polls, and that is why Ron Paul keeps winning the internet polls. They take a "nobody" like Brownback to "show" that it can be done. I hope they keep doing this stuff, as the revolution grows, this just wakes up more people. The masses have awoken.
smiley32.gif

Mark my words - there will not be a debate that Ron Paul will lose this election cycle. None of those other men on the stage are able to debate with a man who has such integrity and knowledge of the subjects and win.

If we let them, they will elect another corporate shill and business as usual will continue. Also look for them to begin attacking the internet after what has happened lately with the internet and politics.

Keep spreading the word! This behavior from the "corporate gods" shows they are afraid of Ron Paul, and this is our way of taking back this country for the people. Register yourself in the local Republican primary and vote for Ron Paul! Let your voice be heard! Change for America in 2008!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Here's some good news from the Ron Paul revolution...

Ron Paul Quietly Converting GOP Believers

The Street.com | August 9, 2007
John Fout

Why haven't conservatives leaders embraced their own ideals and come out to support Ron Paul in public?

I pondered this issue in an article in June. I saw Paul as the one second-tier candidate who might have a chance of a breakout from the pack. It turns out I might have got it right. He has remained the most popular GOP candidate on the Internet. This genuine outpouring of support is rivaled only by that for Barack Obama.

Paul remains low in the polls, but his fund-raising suggests he has moved into a separate tier not shared by other small candidates. His campaign has $2.4 million on hand -- more than that of Sen. John McCain (R., Ariz.). I spoke with Jesse Benton, Paul's communications director, and he says funding continues to be positive for this quarter.

The other second-tier GOP candidates need to do well in the Iowa Ames Straw Poll to stay in the race. Paul does not. His money and popularity over the Internet have separated him from the others.

Paul's campaign recently scheduled several last-minute events in South Carolina with a few days notice. They drew 450 people at one and over 1,000 at another. Front-runner Rudy Giuliani would love to draw those kinds of crowds.

So Paul has gotten support. Sometimes, his supporters don't always agree. A recent New York Times Magazine piece excerpted the following from a supporter's letter to Paul headquarters:
We're in a difficult position of working on a campaign that draws supporters from laterally opposing points of view, and we have the added bonus of attracting every wacko fringe group in the country. And in a Ron Paul Meetup many people will consider each other "wackos" for their beliefs whether that is simply because they're liberal, conspiracy theorists, neo-Nazis, evangelical Christian, etc. ... We absolutely must focus on Ron's message only and put aside all other agendas, which anyone can save for the next "Star Trek" convention or whatever.

The New York Times piece, nevertheless, demonstrates that Paul's support is genuine.

Then, the National Review Online jumped into the Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) debate last week. It seems that NRO feels conflicted about supporting Paul for president, as do many conservatives.

First, John Derbyshire wrote glowingly about all of the conservative credentials of Paul. Derbyshire's final conclusion, however, was that he could not embrace his own dreams and ideals:
Ain't gonna happen. It was, after all, a conservative who said that politics is the art of the possible. Ron Paul is not possible. His candidacy belongs to the realm of dreams, not practical politics. But, oh, what sweet dreams!

Then Todd Seavey came to Paul's defense a day later. He sees Paul as the perfect fusion candidate to bring together the fiscal and social conservatives:
Presto! The much-lamented divide between social conservatives and fiscal conservatives, which has seemed to be widening lately, is eliminated. As has oft been said, Republicans tend to fare best when they pursue the program (pioneered by National Review and praised last year by Ryan Sager in his book Elephant in the Room) called "fusionism," yoking together social conservatism and the libertarian desire to shrink government.

Paul's positions are also genuine. He has a very consistent voting record, so much so that it occasionally puts him in hot water in his own district. But his ability to stay on message will get him support from an important corner of the Republican Party -- the evangelicals.

The evangelicals in the GOP have experienced fatigue over the last few years. They have heard quite a few promises from Washington but have had precious few real victories to celebrate. How long can they put up with the pandering from the top tier candidates like Giuliani (pro-choice), Mitt Romney (a flip-flopper), and Fred Thompson (a lobbyist).

Paul has always been pro-life. He was also an original supporter of Ronald Reagan in 1976 against Gerald Ford. But you won't hear him discussing his views on religion in public. He's a firm believer in the Constitution and the separation between church and state.

So what is stopping conservatives from coming out and supporting Ron Paul in public? I return to Derbyshire's piece:
If Washington, D.C. were the drowsy southern town that Warren Harding and Calvin Coolidge rode into, Ron Paul would have a chance. Washington's not like that nowadays, though. It is a vast megalopolis, every nook and cranny stuffed with lobbyists, lawyers, and a hundred thousand species of tax-eater.

Derbyshire basically admits to all of the foibles that have damaged the Republicans over the last seven years -- the lobbyists and scandals. Conservatives have gone from a party of ideals to a party of money, power brokering and winning at all costs.

Unfortunately for the GOP, it has caught up with them. They lost soundly in 2006 and may well repeat it in 2008. Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) didn't help their cause last week with another ethics scandal. He's also the senator responsible for an earmark for the "bridge to nowhere."

So why not take a chance on Ron Paul? Even if you can't win, at least conservatives would feel good that they did the right thing by cleaning house. Besides, the last time a conservative got drubbed in a presidential election was Barry Goldwater in 1964. His loss did lead conservatives to their greatest win -- Ronald Reagan.

***Reference article...

[url]http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/ron_paul_quietly_convert ing_gop_believers.htm[/url]

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The only thing I despise in that article is the scary statement about Paul not discussing his religion in public, and equating that to the seperation of church and state. Yes, that is what this country is heading towards, especially with the "hate crimes" bill and "fairness doctrine." If things keep going as they are, very soon just uttering the name of God in public will bring swift punishment, much as saying the n word does now.

C Darwin

Mentor
Ron Paul's brother is a Baptist Minister who lives in Western New York.

guest301

Hall of Famer
No where in our constitution is the phrase "separation of church and state". Our forefathers were only concerned about not establishing a national church and not to take religion completely out of public life. All separation of church and state means these days is "separation of values, morality, human dignity and God from state". They have almost succeeded.Edited by: guest301

C Darwin

Mentor
Statement on Status of Carol Paul
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 11, 2007

AMES, IOWA - Carol Paul became ill this morning and was taken to an area hospital. She appears to have stabilized and is awaiting treatment. Dr. Paul is with her and will arrive at the Straw Poll when the situation permits.

Keep the Paul Family in your prayers.
J.

www.ronpaul2008.com

hedgehog

Mentor
This guy is putting words in Ron Pauls mouth, and this needs to be corrected. Dr. Paul put out his statement of faith a month ago, which is where this John Fout must have misinterpreted something. Dr. Paul does not advocate "seperation of church and state" Here is what Dr. Paul said.

We live in times of great uncertainty when men of faith must stand up for our values and our traditions lest they be washed away in a sea of fear and relativism. As you likely know, I am running for President of the United States, and I am asking for your support.

I have never been one who is comfortable talking about my faith in the political arena. In fact, the pandering that typically occurs in the election season I find to be distasteful. But for those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do. I know, as you do, that our freedoms come not from man, but from God. My record of public service reflects my reverence for the Natural Rights with which we have been endowed by a loving Creator.

I have worked tirelessly to defend and restore those rights for all Americans, born and unborn alike. The right of an innocent, unborn child to life is at the heart of the American ideal of liberty. My professional and legislative record demonstrates my strong commitment to this pro-life principle.

In 40 years of medical practice, I never once considered performing an abortion, nor did I ever find abortion necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman. In Congress, I have authored legislation that seeks to define life as beginning at conception, H.R. 1094. I am also the prime sponsor of H.R. 300, which would negate the effect of Roe v Wade by removing the ability of federal courts to interfere with state legislation to protect life. This is a practical, direct approach to ending federal court tyranny which threatens our constitutional republic and has caused the deaths of 45 million of the unborn. I have also authored H.R. 1095, which prevents federal funds to be used for so-called "population control." Many talk about being pro-life. I have taken and will continue to advocate direct action to restore protection for the unborn.

I have also acted to protect the lives of Americans by my adherence to the doctrine of "just war." This doctrine, as articulated by Augustine, suggested that war must only be waged as a last resort--- for a discernible moral and public good, with the right intentions, vetted through established legal authorities (a constitutionally required declaration of the Congress), and with a likely probability of success.

It has been and remains my firm belief that the current United Nations-mandated, no-win police action in Iraq fails to meet the high moral threshold required to wage just war. That is why I have offered moral and practical opposition to the invasion, occupation and social engineering police exercise now underway in Iraq. It is my belief, borne out by five years of abject failure and tens of thousands of lost lives, that the Iraq operation has been a dangerous diversion from the rightful and appropriate focus of our efforts to bring to justice to the jihadists that have attacked us and seek still to undermine our nation, our values, and our way of life.

I opposed giving the president power to wage unlimited and unchecked aggression, However, I did vote to support the use of force in Afghanistan. I also authored H.R. 3076, the September 11 Marque and Reprisal Act of 2001. A letter of marque and reprisal is a constitutional tool specifically designed to give the president the authority to respond with appropriate force to those non-state actors who wage aggression against the United States while limiting his authority to only those responsible for the atrocities of that day. Such a limited authorization is consistent with the doctrine of just war and the practical aim of keeping Americans safe while minimizing the costs in blood and treasure of waging such an operation.

On September 17, 2001, I stated on the house floor that "...striking out at six or eight or even ten different countries could well expand this war of which we wanted no part. Without defining the enemy there is no way to know our precise goal or to know when the war is over. Inadvertently more casual acceptance of civilian deaths as part of this war I'm certain will prolong the agony and increase the chances of even more American casualties. We must guard against this if at all possible." I'm sorry to say that history has proven this to be true.

I am running for president to restore the rule of law and to stand up for our divinely inspired Constitution. I have never voted for legislation that is not specifically authorized by the Constitution. As president, I will never sign a piece of legislation, nor use the power of the executive, in a manner inconsistent with the limitations that the founders envisioned.

Many have given up on America as an exemplar for the world, as a model of freedom, self-government, and self-control. I have not. There is hope for America. I ask you to join me, and to be a part of it.

Sincerely,

Ron Paul

Edited by: KJV1

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Go Ron Paul, I am looking forward to a second opportunity to cast my vote for him.

hedgehog

Mentor
Illinois republican straw poll results.

Here are the final poll results:

1. Mitt Romney -- 40.35%

2. Fred Thompson -- 19.96%

3. Ron Paul -- 18.87%

4. Rudy Giuliani -- 11.61%

5. John McCain -- 4.12%

6. Mike Huckabee -- 3.04%

7. Sam Brownback -- 1.08%

8. Duncan Hunter -- .65%

9. Tom Tancredo -- .33%

Freedom

Mentor
Giuliani doesn't stand a chance. Why is Romney doing so well? He may come off as strong and capable, but he is quite incapable of ever doing anything as President. He is an anti-American sympathizer. Are the majority of the American people really in favor of his policies with Latin America(complete free trade with virtually open borders)? If so then America is already dead.

C Darwin

Mentor
Ron Paul Dominates Straw Poll Double Header

Presidential candidate wins big in Alabama and New Hampshire
August 18, 2007

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA - Representative Ron Paul handily won two Republican presidential straw polls today.

The first contest, sponsored by the West Alabama Republican Assembly, was held in Tuscaloosa at the University of Alabama. Dr. Paul garnered 216 of 266 votes, or 81 percent. Mitt Romney placed second with 14 votes, or 5 percent.

The second straw vote, sponsored by the Strafford County Republican Party in New Hampshire, was attended by fellow candidates Mike Huckabee and Tom Tancredo. Dr. Paul received 208 of 286 votes, or 73 percent. Mitt Romney finished second with 26 votes, or 9 percent. Huckabee and Tancredo received 20 votes and 8 votes respectively.

"Our campaign is growing by the day and continues to build momentum," said campaign manager Lew Moore. "Today's victories demonstrate Dr. Paul's tremendous grassroots support across the country."

Dr. Paul is no stranger to this type of success. The campaign recently won three straw polls sponsored by the Coalition for New Hampshire Taxpayers, FreedomWorks and the Republican Party of Gaston County, North Carolina.

www.ronpaul2008.com
SPREAD THE WORD!

Mr. Lutefisk

The neocons are getting darn tired of Ron Paul winning every internet poll so they have now come up with a cure. On www.billoreilly.com they ask for your opinion on which repub. candidate you like so far but they limit your choices to three people. It makes it a win, win, win situation for the neocons.

"Based on what you've seen so far, which Republican presidential candidate do you prefer?"
Giuliani
McCain
Romney

For the rest of the week Bill will be repeating the winners name claiming this is the man the people want. It will probably be a different poll question by tomorrow, but you could see the results.

link

Lol, not even a none of the above entry? Why do they keep listing McCain as a front runner in these things when Paul has him beat in both money and support?

hedgehog

Mentor
So much for Ron Paul being an "internet only" phenomenon

Compilation of 14 Republican Straw Polls since June 1, 2007

Results for Ron Paul:

FIRST (5)
New Hampshire Taxpayers, July 7 ~ 1st 61.9% (182/294)
North Carolina, Gaston GOP, August 13, ~ 1st 36.6% (15/41)
New Hampshire, Stafford, NH, August 18~ 1st 72.7% (208/286)
West Alabama, August 18 ~ 1st 81.2% (216/266)
Washington State, August 21 ~ 1st 28.1% (40/160)

SECOND (4)
Utah GOP, June 12, 2nd 5.4% (70/1295)
LibertyPapers.org conference, June 16 ~ 2nd 16.7% (NA)
Georgia, Cobb Co. GOP, July 4 ~ 2nd 17% (42/247)
South Carolina, Georgetown Co., July 28 ~ 2nd 18% (40/223)

THIRD (2)
National Federation of Republican Assemblies, August 4, St. Louis, MO ~ 3rd 14% (NA)
Illinois, Springfield, August 16 ~ tied 3rd 18.87% (174/922)

FOURTH (1)
California Republican Assembly, July 1 ~ 4th 12% (NA)

FIFTH (1)
Iowa, Ames, August 11 ~ 5th 9.12% (1,305/14,302)

SIXTH (1)
Young Republican National Federation, Ft Lauderdale FL, July 8th ~ 6th 4.5% (11/247)