Ron Kittle

Bear-Arms

Mentor
I was watching the White Sox tonight, the announcers take in e-mails from fans. Somebody asked what they thought about Ron Kittle statement about Barry Bonds. Before I get into that I'll remind you Ron Kittle was an ex-White Sox player. The announcer Ken "Hawk" Harrelson has been doing the announcing for years and even was a General Manager for a brief time. Darren Jackson is the other announcer and he played for the Sox too. Darren was also a teammate of Barry Bonds.

Anyway, after a bit of mic malfuntion Hawk comes back saying, "Ron Kittle doesn't lie, I wasn't there but I know Ron Kittle doesnt lie". Then he says to Darren, "you played with him."

Darren, pretty much straight out calls him an idiot, infact he uses that exact word. "If he did that he's an idiot. When I played with Barry I couldn't believe the things he say and get away with." He also agreed with Hawk that Ron Kittle doesn't lie and it would be very uncharacteristic for him to do so. This is not the first time Darren has comeout and said something on national television about Bonds. Last Sunday, they had a temp in for Hawk, and the temp asked about Bonds. Darren goes, "I could careless, he may never play again."

Theres more but thats all I caught, thought I'd share with you since you probably dont watch Sox games.

IceSpeed2

Guru
Bonds defended himself by citing the whiteness in his children.
However, he has always had a bit of a bad attitude and certainly could
have made statements that he did not mean. Everyone makes
mistakes and says things they shouldn't. I believe the statement
is true, but Bonds didn't mean it. What has Matt Williams said so
far? Just hope Bonds helped out the sick kids in the end to make
things right.

IceSpeed2 said:
Bonds defended himself by citing the whiteness in his children. However, he has always had a bit of a bad attitude and certainly could have made statements that he did not mean. Everyone makes mistakes and says things they shouldn't. I believe the statement is true, but Bonds didn't mean it. What has Matt Williams said so far? Just hope Bonds helped out the sick kids in the end to make things right.

A "bit of a bad attitude"??? That's quite an understatement. Do you really think he actually may have gone to Kittle and "helped out the sick kids in the end to make things right"? Wow!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I guess I missed out on this whole incident. Can somebody give me a quick fill in.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2005/05/kittle_book.php

Everyone in Chicago has heard about this, he is probably the most hated baseball player here at the moment.

How about this?

"Who is Kittle? How long did he play? He played in our league?" Bonds said, lying on a clubhouse couch before Thursday's game against the Kansas City Royals. "Ha! Do you guys believe that? ... Do you guys know my life history a little bit? ... One, you insult my children, who are half-white.

"I was married to a woman who was white, so let's get real. I don't even know the guy. Tell him he's an ... idiot. Somebody said he wanted a piece of me. Tell him I'm at 24 Willie Mays Plaza and he can come get me anytime he wants to -- with pleasure. Don't insult my family."

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/8548896

Bear-Arms

Mentor
I am not so sure I would believe Bonds if I was standing next to him in a downpour and he told me it was raining.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the info guys. Bear-Arms, I agree with you on that one.