Robert Herring

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's time to start a thread for this teenager. His birthday is one day
different than Christophe Lemaitre. Robert just ran a 20.67 with only a 0.1 wind. So basically he did it all by himself and on a wet track. This is very impressive. He will turn 19 this month and he is good over both the 100 & 200 meters. One to watch for sure. All I can say is the Germans are coming. I can't wait to see the World Championships of Track & Field in Berlin Germany this August.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
He just set a PB in the 100m of 10.34.
Hopefully he continues his rapid improvement.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You beat me to it. This kid is amazing thus far. The crazy thing is how
thin both Lemaitre and Herring. It's crazy to see guys with a slender
build run this fast! They just have natural talent. No doubt about it!
Even Schwab is so light but it sure doesn't slow him down.

I think that Robert Herring has something special about him. He may end
up going faster than all of them. He just looks so smooth. Fantastic run and an amazing season of personal break thoughs! Count me in as a
big fan.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I forgot to mention. Happy birthday Robert! What a birthday present to give to yourself. A new p.b. in the 100 of 10.34 to go along with his
20.67 in the 200 meters. Wow is this kid fast. He just turned 19 today.

Christophe Lemaitre has a birthday tommorow. He will also turn 19 and he will be running in the 100 meters B Race in Berlin. Good luck Christophe. Time for a new p.b. as well. These guys would be great training partners if they only lived closer. What a rivarly this should be over the next decade.

StarWars

Mentor
Both of these guys can be sub 20 200 runners. I really want Lemaitre to focus on the 100 though.

kre08

Guru
More good news for Hering he lowered his 200 pb another few ticks to 20.63 with little wind. I didn't notice but I guess it was at the same meet he ran his 10.34 except it was the next day which was also his 19th birthday. I swear I can't get his name out of my head I think he's going to help the cause of white sprinters immensely. I think just as important as having 6'4" thoroughbred sprinters like Lemaitre with 9.8/19.7 potential is having guys like Hering, but in numbers. He may never break 10 or 20 but he'll run in a lot of races and beat a lot of fast black guys. We need solid performers like this so that every time Euro kids and hopefully eventually american kids turn on their tv and watch a track meet there will always be 2 or 3 white men running the sprints, and with success. I don't want one token white guy who always finishes dead last, I want numerous Hering's populating the sprinting ranks who are consistently good for sub 20.20's and are capable of finishing top 3 in any meet they're in. I feel like this is what will start things a changin'.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Don't underestimate Herring. He may just have the ability that Lemaitre does. He has run these times with little or no wind. Also, Robert hasn't even started to fill out yet. When he gets the increased upper & lower body strength, it will help him to finish races even stronger. This kid has very nice form and he is driven to be the best. Other than Blum, he is the best of the young sprinters in Germany at the moment. The other guys are good but I see Herring most likely being the best of the bunch when all is said and done!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I told you guys that this kid could be as good and maybe better than Lemaitre. Robert started off running a 20.50 in the semi finals. In the finals he ran a 20.41 wind legal today at only 19 years of age. Holy Ravioli. I'm speechless. This kids upside is still off the charts. Now the question is whether to send him to the world champs or the junior world champs. Way to go Herring!

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.leichtathletik.de/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dgerman%2Bathletics%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7ADBF_en&rurl=translate.google.comEdited by: white lightning

StarWars

Mentor
The German record is 20.20 held by Tobias Unger. I want Unger to break 10.06 and get the 100 record, because it looks like Herring will have the 200 within a year or two. This kid is may be better than Lemaitre in the 200. The times, they are a changin.'

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I would have liked to have seen Unger in this race today with Kosenkow and Herring. It would have been interesting after the form he showed yesterday.

The times are changing is right. I couldn't have said it better StarWars. The powers that be and the dwfs will have to get used to it. The future will be different. Thank God that their are some young white men around the world that don't buy into the stupid myth that they can't compete. What a load of crap.

Robert Herring is an absolute talent. An amazing talent with the genetics, skill and desire to go straight to the top. He will go sub 20 within a few years and hopefully go above and beyond what Kenteris did. This young german sprinter is on a mission!

If the weather wasn't so damn cold, I wouldn't mind moving to Germany. I like what is happening over there. The youth is rising up. It's just too bad Blum had to suffer that major injury or he would be right there with Herring and maybe faster i.m.o.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

kre08

Guru
Good find on the videos White Lightning. That is some kind of closing speed to chase down Kosenkow who in his own right is a fine sprinter and was running the race of his life as well. I wonder what he ran the last 100 meters of that race in, that was an absolutely incredible display of pure speed at the end. Hering is some kind of talent, he simply has the body shape of an elite sprinter and there is much more to come from him.

albinosprint

Mentor
great find!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
So I guess you guys owe me some beer or something. Lol. I'm glad you guys enjoyed. When I have time, I can find most anything. I will be pretty busy this week but I will post whenever I can.

It was so nice again to watch a track meet filled with elite white sprinters and athletes. You won't see that in England or America. That is for sure. They just don't want them there. Go into a different event or sport all together. What a joke. Germany is a great example of what a little country can do. Berlin is going to be special. Memories to last a lifetime.Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is a picture from the World Youth Championships 200 Meters Final. It shows a glimpse of the future. Christophe Lemaitre won the gold medal while Robert Herring took the bronze medal. Just imagane when these guys can start making the medal stands at the Olympics and World Championships. I personally cannot wait. You want to talk about a celebration. Herring, Lemaitre and Guliyev are the future of sprinting.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cZX2yE9h4dL6/610x.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.daylife.com/photo/0cZX2yE9h4dL6&usg=__exRsIAc6d7OfUgPiDhIYp5cj7co=&h=406&w=610&sz=71&hl=en&start=16&um=1&tbnid=Owx3UmYvDS4mTM:&tbnh=91&tbnw=136&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dchristophe%2Blema%25C3%25AEtre%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7ADBF_en%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1Edited by: white lightning

albinosprint

Mentor
no suprise that the Jamaican looks Jacked.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just wanted to give Robert the respect he deserves for winning the silver medal today at the European Junior Champs. This kid has alot of upside to come as he is barely 19 years of age. I think he might make a good run at a sub 10 and sub 20 within the next 3-4 years. Congrats Robert.

albinosprint

Mentor
Robert was selected for the 200m in Berlin!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
For those of you that don't remember. Robert Herring made the 200 meters finals at the world championships last year. He did this at the age of 19. We mention Lemaite and Guliyev but often forget how good Herring is. I'm anxious to see how close he can get to 20 seconds flat this year. All three of these kids are the future.

Hopefully we will here from Herring very soon. He might be running this weekend. Christian Blum is and he looks to be in good early season form so far. I'm going to keep a close eye on both of them because they are the best German Sprinters by far. I only say that because Tobias Unger is getting alot older.