Rivers: ’Gibson Should Die’

Bart

Hall of Famer
Poor Mel. He's been trying his best to suck up to the perpetually offended ones, but to no avail. In Europe many men have been imprisoned for the crime of questioning aspects of the Holocaust. If Joan had her way, they'd probably behanging from scaffolds.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3565872

HOLLYWOOD - Jewish comedienne Joan Rivers has launched a scathing attack onMel Gibson insisting the actor should "die" for the anti-Semitic comments he made to police officers who arrested him for drunk driving in July.<BR clear=all>The outspoken comic urges people to boycott Gibson's TV interviews with newswoman Diane Swayer on Good Morning America, because the exposure will only help to heal the actor/director's tarnished public image.

She tells Celebrity Week, "He is an anti-Semitic son of a bitch. He should f**king die.

"I think everyone should not watch the interview with Diane Sawyer. The hypocrisy is what I hate. You know it's all about ratings and Diane Sawyer has them all when she's married to a Jewish guy--Mike Nicholls
"It's ridiculous because she'll get great ratings and Gibson will be back in business."

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Gibson should die, for sucking up to those people, Joan Rivers is a perfect example of why he should have not backed down from what he said.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Dang!

Mel's words must have hit a little close to home. Methinks the lady doth protest too much!
smiley36.gif

I caught Geraldo Rivera on the O'Reilly Factor tonight. He is self-described as 'half Jewish-half Christian' whatever that is. Anyway, he was the same way - he didn't say Gibson should die but he said he absolutely would not forgive him for what he said, no matter what Mel said or did. O'Reilly rode Rivera a little, pointing out that in 'both' of Geraldo's religions, forgiveness is a central tenet of belief, when a person repents and asks for it. Didn't matter, said Geraldo, and he accused O'Reilly of mixing religious beliefs and ethics. (wtf? I thought... isn't religion supposed to be ABOUT ethics? But anyway...)

They showed a clip of Gibson's interview with someone, I forgot whom, and he came across as a little crazy. He complained about the way he was treated for making the Passion of the Christ, that people labeled him an anti-semite before the movie had even been made or anyone had seen it. Apparently, there was a lot of infighting in Hollywood to keep the movie from being made. Mel said that he had been putting up with a lot of grief since work on The Passion began, and it was that frustration and anger that came out in his drunken stupor.

It isn't going to matter though, like everyone else has pointed out, no matter how much he grovels he'll never be forgiven. As for me, I plan to see Apocalypto anyway. Maybe twice.
smiley2.gif

Why is this man apologizing? He's got so much money and his own production company, it doesn't even matter the slightest bit. Its not like hes some young, new, aspiring actor trying to make it, that is trying to save a blossoming career. He's done all he can do and is a zillionaire to boot.

Plus, I heard parts of the interview on Opie and Anthony yesterday morning, and to be honest, it didn't really sound like he was grovelling all that much. He actually seemed to somewhat make light of it, and was laughing a little. He also said that he didn't nkow for sure what he might have said had it been a black cop.

In my opinion, he's not sorry, or guilty. He's just confused as to whether or not he wants to reveal his true feelings publically. You guys watch and see, soon he's just going to be like, "Eh, yeah, you know what, I DO hate them. So what." To be honest, he's got enough money and power to drop as many "****-bombs" and "shylock-bombs" as he wants.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jcolec02 said:
what is apocalypto?

It's Gibson's new movie, I believe the plot centers around a human sacrificial victim who escapes from a tribe of Aztecs, or something like that. It's hard to tell from the trailer but it looks pretty good.

But there isn't a single white face in the movie, judging from the trailer.

Apocalypto
wikipedia: Apocalypto

On a side note, like many denizens of Bollywood, Mel is againt the war in Iraq, although I suspect that his motives are probably different than the others.
smiley2.gif

Freedom

Mentor
I think it is the Mayans. No one really knows why they collapsed. They may be white actors, but in makeup for realism.

There are no white Mayans in Hollywood, but there are black Gladiators? Black gladiators were pretty rare yet they were featured in both Russel Crowe's Gladiator, and the early Spartacus film at the beginning.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i didn't realize Rivers was a "comedienne"
smiley36.gif
i don't think she's ever said anything intentionally funny, her life on the other hand is quite a joke.

are there two more worthless human beings on the planet than her and her horse-faced daughter?
smiley11.gif

Charlie

Guru
And yet the mystery remains as to why Joanie's husband committed suicide.

Is there a standard for insult comics? Such as being funny?

What's neat to me is how very few Hollywood types are critical of Gibson. It's only the marginal performers who seem upset, such as thespian Rob Schneider who declares he will never work with Gibson in a film. Sorry Mel, no Benchwarmers II for you.

KG2422

Mentor
Gibson's new movie seems to be another "offensive" movie. It exposes "Native Americans" as canibals. He seemed like he was about to snap during the interview and tell her what he really thought. He did say, "I've apologized about as much as anyone can. It is getting a little old." He should just come out and say that it was a setup because the Jews in Hollywood hate him. The cop was Jewish. The owner of TMZ is Jewish. How many Jews are in the LAPD?Edited by: KG2422