Repo man

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
c_04202006_520.jpg

White warlord

Funny and tragic and yet strangely to the point all at the same time White Shogun....When will America what up and stop selling all our depts. off to China? I fear that it my be too late at this point. Anytime they get pissed at us they could call all the depts. in that we owe, and bankrupt America.. Right now China's market is booming and its odd because I think they have actually found a way for communism and capitalism to work together, this could be the fact that they keep the value of their Yen down so that America will buy, buy, buy, buy, from them. China will eventually be a problem that America will have to deal with in the future but I think it will be later than sooner. Also have you guys noticed the Arms deal recently going down between China and Russia? They have also if I'm not mistaking practiced a few joint-military operations together.
Here is a link to a BBC news site talking about the operations.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wor ld/asi a-pacific/4161660.stm
Edited by: White warlord

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
All it would take is a sudden change and we'd be sunk like the Titanic. I hate debt in any form, and it is shameful that this country is existing in such a dangerous manner.

Remember those pictures of Germans burning piles of Reichsmarks in their fireplaces to heat their homes after WWII? Just wait and see what happens when Asia calls our debts. Gotta light?

Freedom

Mentor
We don't have to pay them. The Chinese buy our bonds because they are afraid that Hu will take their money.Interest rates are very low because of this. This is also a cause of interest not keeping up with inflation always.

On a side note, their is no greater threat to mankind then Hu's China. He is a facist/"communist"(in the political, implied sense of the word, not the philosophical sense) bent on oppressing democracy, manipulating American's wages, and enslaving Chinese who are not deemed "genetically strong". Hu seeks to turn the world into a world of the very rich and very poor and Chinese leaders have bought off GOP and Dem party leaders with their "free trade"/slave labor. This has robbed America of its Democracy.
It's ironic that the greatest Communist in the world was Richard Nixon(and probably Joseph McCarthy). They probably planned to negotiate a "free trade" deal with China all along.
The Chinese govt basically selects the people that they deem fit to go to college. The rest are in bondage. 150 million people their live off of less than $1 a day.
Union leaders(in a place where Unions actually are needed and not a corrupt crime syndicate) there have a way of disappearing.

By the way, Japan's currency is the Yen. China's currency is called the Yuan. Edited by: Freedom

Freedom

Mentor
Ross Perot and Pat Buchannon were two protectionists that could have helped America. Especially Perot because he could have won if he didn't drop out. Funny how candidates gain popularity by participating in debates, but need to be already popular to participate in them.

If Hu had his way, the producers of the site below would be killed and brutally tortured, their families would be charged for the bullet, and their friends would be turned into slave labor.

http://www.makeworkpay.org/Edited by: Freedom

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Freedom said:
Ross Perot and Pat Buchannon were two protectionists that could have helped America. Especially Perot because he could have won if he didn't drop out. Funny how candidates gain popularity by participating in debates, but need to be already popular to participate in them.

If Hu had his way, the producers of this site would be killed and brutally tortured, their families would be charged for the bullet, and their friends would be turned into slave labor. http://www.makeworkpay.org/

It might happen anyway.

I think the US is OK with China owning US debt right now for the same reason it was OK with Japan, because if they "call in" the debt it only screws them worse. THey have to sell all their crap to us, if we can't buy it they go down too.

Plus they have pegged their currency to the US dollar, which means they have a vested interest in propping it up. Which is exactly what they are doing. Same as Japan did years ago. It's the way the US finance system operates, we take trade deficits in exchange for them buying treasury notes and keeping the dollar strong enough so we can keep running up deficits.

It's a ridiculously stupid way to run an economy but that's our Federal Reserve System for you (and you know who runs that!). Yes the whole thing could collapse any day but more likely it will slowly fall apart.

BTW. China will never be able to "call-in" the debt because to collect your debts you have to count on the sheriff going to the debtor and making him pay. But the US is the sheriff!!!! So they can't do anything about it. HAHA. Shame on them for getting in bed with the snakes that run our finance system. Oy vey!!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I've always wondered what would happen globally if the US just decided they weren't going to play anymore. No more foreign aid handouts, no more grain donations, no more 'fair trade' agreements. What would happen if we decided to pick up the ball and go home?

White warlord

White Shogun said:
I've always wondered what would happen globally if the US just decided they weren't going to play anymore. No more foreign aid handouts, no more grain donations, no more 'fair trade' agreements. What would happen if we decided to pick up the ball and go home?

That question White Shogun is an Excellent, question. I myself have asked it may times.
Our country has became, too involved in forging affairs and aid. We basically have become a slave and police force for people that wish to see us die and don't give a damn about us, yet they wish to have, hand outs, from the great rich America 24 hours a day. We currently are the ONLY superpower that is alive in the world, this breeds jealousy by countries that wish to be hand have the power that we do but can never have. A great and famous man once stated about America's future path:

The great rule of conduct for us in regard to Foreign nations is, in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible. SO far we have already formed engagements, let them be fulfilled with perfect good faith. Here let us stop. Europe has set a of primary interest which to us have none or a very remote relation. Hence she must be engaged in frequent controversies, the cause of which are essentially foreign to our concerns. Hence therefore, it must be unwise in us to implicate ourselves by artificial ties in the ordinary vicissitudes (changes) of her politics or the ordinary combinations and collisions of her friendships or enmities....
It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world...

That people is an Excerpt from the Great George Washington's Farewell Address, our FIRST president. In my opinion Mr. Washington was a political genius in foreign affairs. IF all of our old and new politicians read what Mr. Washington said in his farewell address and use it today, what would America be capable of?