Reconstructing Culpepper

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Well, there you go. I stand corrected. Looks like the Yahoo article I posted is nothing but Daunte spinning the story his way. No doubt he will claim racism was a factor.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Well, the Green Bay situation is kind of a positive. the Packers could have gone the easy route and signed a black QB to take the reigns, but instead made it clear that Rogers was the starter. Hopefully they'll cling to him as tightly as Washington clings to Jason Campbell. Except Rogers is better. Waaaaaay better.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Culpepper had a very successful first year as a starter in 2000. He had a great o-line that probably gave him asmuch timeto throw as any line has ever given a quarterback, Robert Smith galloping all over the field, and Randy Moss to heave the ball to and Cris Carter for short and medium passes.

Minnesota was playing somebody on a Sunday night game that season. As its intro to the game, ESPN had a high-tech tribute to Culpepper, portraying him as part human part cyborg -- the prototype quarterback of the brand new century, blessed with incredible size, speed, a rocket arm, great leadership skills, the entire package. The racial symbolism was quite obvious.

That was right after Culpepper, McNabb and Akili Smith had been drafted in the first round in 1999, and it seemed like the NFL and the media's dream of making the quarterback position black was coming true. In retrospect it's beenmostly downhill for the worshippers of black QBs since those heady days. Kordell Stewart begat Culpepper who begat Vick who begat Vince Young who begat Jamarcus Russell. The NFL is not about to be filled with starting black quarterbacks, much less 280 pound ones.

The attempt to make quarterback as black as the other positions has been a very important Caste System battle that continues to rage, but the Caste-ites keep losing. They will never give up until the Caste System itself is defeated, but the continued dominance of white quarterbacks is a very strongpiece of evidenceto use to counter the propaganda of the black supremacist ideology that permeates sports in the U.S. Edited by: Don Wassall

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Well, there you go. I stand corrected. Looks like the Yahoo article I posted is nothing but Daunte spinning the story his way. No doubt he will claim racism was a factor.

Always!The Packers offered him only a million bucks tohold a clipboard until he possibly would be needed. Major insult, I'm sure.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I read somewhere that black claim their melanin allows them to be athletically superior. Didn't someone mention on this site that half the quarterbacks in college football are black now? It's not translating that way to the NFL though.