Real Pro Wrestling

White_Savage

Mentor
Anyone been following this on FSN? I've caught a couple of episodes, but I don't have cable so I haven't been following it to closely. It's a project of Rulon Gardener's.Nice to see this mostly white and ancientsport getting coverage. Edited by: White_Savage

White_Savage

Mentor
*sigh* I just went to the RPW site, and which two wrestlers get their faces right up front on the website? David Cormier and Mo Lawal of course. Nevermind all the white wrestlers whowon their respective weight divisions. Whyisn'tTolly Thompson, whowon in 264 lbs. heavy division, right up front? David Cormier sparked outrage by spanking his opponent in one match, and I watchedMo Lawal exhibiting the typical trash talk and antics before, after, and during his matches. Not to mention in his match against Fullhart, he took an early lead then essentially spent the rest of it running away, which may be smart but doesn't sit with my stomach too well.

E Tu, RPW?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I did a search on Google and found the RPW homepage. Looks interesting;
I didn't even know it existed til reading your post. I'd like to
watch this, hopefully they'll continue with their second season very
soon.

White_Savage

Mentor
Then theres this quote off their website

"We know we shattered many stereotypes within a very traditional community."

3 guesses what they mean by this bit of sophistry, and the first two don't count.

Yeah, that niceMidwestern farm boy image was REAL embarassing to wrestling. Glad to see it's aREAL sport, now that it has it's quota of trash-talking urban thug-types
smiley5.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Haven't gotten to see RPW yet, but I plan to in the near future. It sounds very much an improvement over the WWE.