RB Legend - Kenneth Hall

SteveB

Mentor
In Texas, if a high school running back has a great year, he is immediately compared to a legend, Sugar Land's Kenneth Hall. Hall was a running QB from 1950 to 1953 and still has the national high school record for career rushing yards at 11,232.

Hall was a phenomenal athlete who at 6'-1" and 205 lbs timed a 9.7 second 100 yard in high school and long jumped over 23 feet. After high school, he was timed at 4.3 seconds in the forty and raced against Olympic champion Bobby Morrow in the Race of the Century race where he finished sixth in a time of 9.4 for the 100 yards. Morrow broke the world record in the race at 9.2 second.

Hall is one of those elite white athletes that set a standard that may never be broken. Today we see black elite athletes who the media build up as superhuman, but none of them have surpassed the records set by Hall over 50 years ago. Kenneth Hall is an example to all young white athletes that they can compete at the highest level in athletics.

Legend of HS Football: Ken HallEdited by: SteveB

Bronk

Mentor
When I was growing up in the Houston area I used to see Hall's stats in the back records section of Bill McMurray's Houston HS football magazine and just marvel at them. What bugged me was how a guy that prolific could just disappear without a trace.

Years later I read the SI story of his days at Texas A&M and how he butted heads with the Bear. Really interesting. Thanks for posting this SteveB.