rb-kyle bell

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Last night was a great night.Bell had one of the best first games that any running back has ever had!He is a total stud and will only get better.Mike Haas had almost 200 yards receiving to take over the lead.Haas is leading the nation in receiving.Last,Klitschko won.I have to admit,I had a few cold ones toasting all of these guys.lol.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Set your vcr's or be by your tv on Thursday Night.Kyle Bell will be starting his 2nd game at running back on national tv.I really hope he puts on a show like last week.Air Force always is a tough team and he will not have it easy.I do though however believe that he will slowly wear them down and get between 100-150 yards rushing.We need to get some of the rest of the nation familiar with his name.Kyle has two years of eligibility left.The sky is the limit.Hopefully he can get even better and maybe win the Doak Walker Award in the next year or two like Staley did.That would be great!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be watching for sure. How often do we get the opportunity to watch a featured white running back in a nationally televised game? I hope Bell tears it up.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As we now,Bell ran for 197 yards on 33 carries.For anyone that doubted him,he is for real.Kyle Bell and the Rams face the Utah Utes this Saturday.It should be a very tough game.They will bring it on defense.I will predict that Bell goes for around 125 yards on 20 carries.Go Colorado State!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Can you say Deja Vu?Ha.ha.Kyle Bell does it again.He had 25 rushes for 139 yards! He broke the game winning touchdown for 49 yards as he outran everyone.This was against a very tough defense for Utah.I'm amazed at how quickly he has become the leader of this team.Remember that Bell is only a sophmore.I would say a Super Soph!Ha.ha.I think we have the second coming of a even bigger stronger Luke Staley.I've said it before,but damn this kid impresses the hell out of me.What a stud running back.I actually feel a little bad for the defenders trying to tackle this guy.
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
He's awesome to watch. I remember during their game tonight, when Utah punted them down inside the 5, the announcers were getting on the (black) punt returner for not letting it go into the end zone. I said aloud, that's all right, Kyle will run it out of there! On the next play, they gave it to Kyle and he ran 15 yards! It is cool to be able to say that about a player with confidence! Kyle is THE MAN!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, Kyle ran 9 times for 36 yards Saturday night, in a very lackluster performance by the CSU offense. Anderson had some key grabs, but I was hoping to see Kyle break off a big run.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Kyle had another great game today against Wyoming. 123 yards on 35 carries, and 1 catch for 4 yards, as the Rams go to 4-3, 3-1.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i really hope this guy will get his chance in NFL... i dont want NFL to give him Staley treatment...

KG2422

Mentor
Bell had 96 yds on 30 carries tonight as C-State pulled off the win against New Mexico. Watching the game, it was obvious New Mexico's game plan was to stop Bell at all costs which opened things up for Holland to throw for 316 yds. Anderson had his usual big game surpassing 100 yds easily and the defense showed signs of coming around despite some injury problems. If the Rams beat TCU next saturday they would be in the conference lead with a chance to clinch in their last game.
smiley4.gif
Edited by: KG2422

hedgehog

Mentor
I couldnt agree more, the plan was to stop Bell at all costs. For those of you who didnt see the game, CSU's run blocking was horrible, there was major leakage through the line the whole game. New Mexico's defense played run all night, and played alot of one on one pass coverage. They have some "stud" CBthey lined up against Anderson all night, that apparently likes to talk alot of sh*t. It was nice to see Anderson with 2 TD's and over 100 yrds receiving.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It will be awesome to see CSU in a bowl game with Kyle starting! I hope they end up winning the Mountain West and playing in the Liberty Bowl. Then I could go watch them.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Kyle will be running against the much talked about, non-all-black, (3 Whites) "lightning fast" defense of Texas Christian University this weekend. Even though there hasn't been a word about DeBerry's ommision of the white defensive Horned Frogs in the Caste System media, I hope Kyle gets 200 yards against them and a big win for CSU.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Kyle had 15 carries for 45 yards tonight in a tough loss to Texas Christian. He also had 2 catches for 5 yards. Kyle has 903 yards with 2 games left in the season. He should go well over 1,000 yards and CSU should win both games and end up 7-4.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That was a tough loss today.The whole team played flat.Especially J.Holland with 3 interceptions.Kyle didn't get his usual 25 to 30 carries which he needs to wear down the defense.He had one run of 13 yards and could have had a big game if it was close.TCU played good and deserved the win.I'm bummed about the Rams but as you said,they will bounce back!It's great to see Kyle Bell about to go over 1000 yards in only his first year as a starter.That shows how talented he is.He also only played part time the first several games and had very few touches in the big losses.Overall,he is having a outstanding season.Keep it up Kyle!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kyle Bell had 33 carries for 175 yards today.The Rams lost again and may not make a bowl game.It's really sad because this team is so fun to watch.They are by far my favortie team to watch other than Notre Dame at the moment.Kyle Bell went over 1000 yards on the season.He is a beast of a running back.Let's hope they can finish up the season with a win and maybe still squeeze into a bowl game.Go Rams!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Kyle also had a TD. Kyle now has 1,074 yards on the season. I hope they win next week and make it into a bowl game. I don't know what happened to them today, but they couldn't get it together.Edited by: Colonel_Reb

backrow

Hall of Famer
yes great game by Kyle, and David Anderson had 8 catches for 119 yards as well... well done
smiley1.gif

EDIT: Kyle is 14th (up from 22nd) in the nation rushing, lets hope he will have another outstanding game and cracks into top 10 after his game!Edited by: backrow

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Kyle had 24 carries for 91 yards and 2 TD's in a big win for CSU today. They finish 6-5 on the year. On a side note, David Anderson and Dustin Osborn finished with 6-90, and 4-61 respectively. Congrats to CSU for wrapping up a strange season in a good way! I hope they make a bowl.
smiley32.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
another good game by Kyle, i think even NFL won't be able to keep this guy down, especially if he has another good/great year and he has no injury history to use as an excuse (as in case of Staley)

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Kyle made 2'nd team All-MWC as a RB this year. Congratulations Kyle!

whiteCB

Master
Col. Reb or anybody do you know who are the 1st team RBs and what their stats are in comparison with Bell's?

backrow

Hall of Famer
the only guy with better stats than Bell was New Mexico's Dontrell Moore, 1298 yards, 4.7 ypc and 14 TDs plus 371 receiving yards and 3 TD; i imagine that he was first team RB

Kyle's final stats: 1166 yards, 4.6 ypc and 9 TDs, 23 receiving yards

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Oddly enough, BYU's Curtis Brown made the other first team spot, with 1095 yards and 15 td's on the season, and 48 catches for 409 yards. Moore was the other first teamer. The other MWC second teamer with Kyle was Quinton Ganther from Utah. The good news for Kyle is that he is just a Sophomore, while Brown is a junior, and the other 2 are seniors. He will have a much better shot at first team next year if he stays healthy. In fact, I predict CSU will depend on running much more next year, and he will end up leading the conference in rushing by quite a margin. I don't see BYU running as much as they did this year.