Rakhim Chakhkiev

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Chakhkiev is one of my favorite fighters, and you can see why here in this video of his 1st round KO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w6bbZY2YBM

I agree, Chakhkiev is one of my faves as well :)

I'd say he is easily the best up and coming cruiserweight. Mateusz Masternak is also quite good, but out of the two, Chakhkiev appears much more advanced.

Of course Chakhkiev had a sensational amateur resume, winning Olympic Gold, and as a pro his power has looked frightening.

One of the best up and comers in the sport and Id say Rakhim is pretty much Guaranteed to become a champion soon.

The question I have is how he will deal with speedy, mover type boxers. That remains to be seen but I am optimistic.

Really like what Im seeing out of Rakhim and in all honesty, he has the potential to become not only a champion at cruiserweight. But a champion of all 4 titles. He has the potential to be Pound 4 Pound, unified champion ala Klitschko except in Cruiserweight.

I can almost guarantee you Rakhim will be a champion at some point. I also think he can take it a step farther and become great by winning multiple titles.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Chakhkiev will face the durable journeyman Zack Page on May 11. Page is much better than his record would make one believe, and has gone the distance with many of the better up-and-comers.

Good to see Chakhkiev is fighting more often this year.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Chakhkiev stopped the elusive Zack Page, who has gone the distance with many heavyweight contenders such as Kubrat Pulev, Mike Perez, Juan Carlos Gomez, Francesco Pianeta, Seth Mitchell, Edmund Gerber, Manuel Charr, and Tyson Fury.

After Page had been knocked down several times, his corner threw in the towel just as the referee waved it off. Last round here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_nANp-Tdxc&feature=channel&list=UL

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Chakhkiev stopped the elusive Zack Page, who has gone the distance with many heavyweight contenders such as Kubrat Pulev, Mike Perez, Juan Carlos Gomez, Francesco Pianeta, Seth Mitchell, Edmund Gerber, Manuel Charr, and Tyson Fury.

After Page had been knocked down several times, his corner threw in the towel just as the referee waved it off. Last round here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_nANp-Tdxc&feature=channel&list=UL

This guy is serious. He moves very well and has good power. When is a title shot in line for him?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
This guy is serious. He moves very well and has good power. When is a title shot in line for him?
He says he wants to fight Wlodarczyk or Huck by the end of this year.

I'd like to see him first clean out some cruiserweight deadwood like Guillermo Jones and Steve Cunningham.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
No champion wants to fight this guy.

[h=1]Chakhkiev declared ready for title shot
[/h] [FONT=Arial Narrow, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT] The good ranking positions are extremely important for unbeaten WBC #5/WBO #10 cruiserweight Rakhim “The Machineâ€￾ Chakhkiev (14-0, 11 KOs). The hard-hitting 2008 Olympic heavyweight gold medalist from the Universum stable is working hard to become a mandatory challenger as it’s unlikely any reigning champion will accept him for a voluntary defense. “Of course I would fight every world champion and I would be grateful when someone would give me a chance,â€￾ said Chakhkiev. â€￾Any champion who chooses me earns a lot of respect. There are definitely easier tasks elsewhere.â€￾ Chakhkiev, who already has a win over IBF cruiserweight champion Yoan Pablo Hernandez in the amateurs, is ready to fight for a world title as the earliest available opportunity.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I'm impressed with this guy. He's super efficient. No wasted motion or wasted energy. No wonder they call him The Machine.