Population

Freedom

Mentor
In response to the new thread, I wanted to talk about the population of the US. I think if it grows too much there could be serious problems. There is only so much space and resources. A big part of Darwin's theory of evolution came from Thomas Malthus who said population increases lead to wars and riots. The world becomes a very cold place.
The US is the only developed country in the world that has a rapidly growing population. If populations grow to rapidly, society can't develop the means to learn how to sustain it. This leads to a dog eat dog world that is savage, cold blooded, and just plain brutal. Look at what goes on in China and India, nations whose populations have already spiraled out of control and whose growth is slowing considerably.
Here's my humane solution and I don't know how popular it is. If a person is on welfare for extended periods of time and has more than one child, sterilize him(or if it's a woman tie her tubes.)

earthman92

I think stopping ALL immigration for a period of time (say 10-20 years), deporting illegal aliens, and stopping the "anchor baby" curse would be a good start.

Kaptain

Master
earthman92 said:
I think stopping ALL immigration for a period of time (say 10-20 years), deporting illegal aliens, and stopping the "anchor baby" curse would be a good start.

Most Americans agree with you. Now if we can just get one presidential candidate to say just what you have suggested.