Pittsburgh Panthers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the starting white Panthers for 2005.

Offense
QB-Tyler Palko
FL-Joe DelSardo
TE-Erik Gill
C-Joe Villani
RG-John Simonitis
RT-Mike McGlynn

Defense
Rush End-Chris McKillop
WLB-Brian Bennett

FB Kellen Campbell will see playing time, as will TE Steve Buches, and SLB's Scott McKillop and Tyler Tipton.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
New head coach Dave Wannstedt with some of his charges.[Picture from 8/10/05 Pittsburgh Post-Gazette] Hey, where's the "diversity"? One can bet that if it were a photograph of athletes of any sport and there were only one black on the entireteam, he would be included in the photograph.

Gary

Mentor
I can remember when Pitt had some pride and played White players like Dan Marino,Bill Fralic,Joe Schimdt Etc.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
They still play white players, just not enough. I'm sure they have a lot of pride, it just isn't Caucasian pride.

KG2422

Mentor
That's a funny picture Don. Look at those clowns. Sometimes I watch BET just to get a chuckle. They are like caricatures of themselves. I guess I laugh so I don't cry about what is stylish behavior and accepted by most white young people as cool. We had this white kid in school who tried to act black sometimes. One day he was doing that garbage in the locker room and one of our linebackers slammmed his hand in a locker and told him not to do that sh** any more. I disagreed with it at the time. I don't know if I do now. The guy who slammed his hand had his truck painted like the General Lee on the Dukes of Hazzard. The guy that had his hand slammed doesn't act like that now. Our kids usually grow up. Blacks seem to act like teens indefinitely.

As for Pitt, my dad who graduated high school in 57' always told me that in his day, Pennsylvania and Texas would have high school all star games to determine who had the best football. It's a shame to see the whites from these two states getting less and less opportunity to show that they can play footbal at the division 1 level.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
After being crushed by Notre Dame and then losing to Ohio University, new head coach Dave Wannstedt is responding in predictable fashion-- by benching the team's starting white receiver in favor of a black.

Joe DelSardo is a walk-on with great hands who had 49 receptions last season when he became a starter mid-season. Wannstedt announced yesterday that he is being replaced by a "real" receiver, Derek Kinder.

None of the all black starters who attempted to play "defense" against Notre Dame have been demoted, just DelSardo on offense. Wannstedt's a Caste System clown who had a losing record as an NFL head coach. In 11 seasons his teams at Chicago and Miami only made the playoffs three times. He's already one of my least favorite college coaches.