Pittsburgh chases more diversity!

Skipperron

Guru
I watched the Pirates play the Manatees today in their annual spring opener. They won 6-1. However, the "buzz" for the Pirate fans is the greatest player in the world, Pedro Alvarez. He had two crappy singles and a wind-blown, misplayed double. And because of that the fans are demanding that he make this team.............right now. Jeez.

Of course, Steve Pearce, Brandon Moss and minor league catcher Kratz hit back to back to back homers. Uh............no big deal. As one fan wrote on a site "we have seen their act already and they are crap. Get them out of here."

Sigh...........why DO I care?

LabMan

Mentor
Well Sir,you care because you love your people,and do not want to see them replaced in our own homeland playing an "American"sport that was founded here and is part of the fabric of life here in the United States.You care because you realize that White Western Europeon stock,American players are the best ever to play the game,you care because you know way down deep inside that someone,or some group of powers that be are trying to force these foreign players on you,and out of loyalty to your own,your are resisting.

I commend,and admire you for taking these stands,and I stand along side you.We are lucky to have so many others who feel the same way here at Caste Football,and even luckier to have our founder,Mr. Don Wassall.

We all need to know that the same massive demographic changes are happening in most American cities through out of control legal and illegal immigration,it is my opinion that we will experience complete racial displacement because of the fateful policies of diversity and multiculturalism,who,Skip,is making these decisions and trying to force us to accept them?

Most all sports now in the U.S. have been taken over by non-whites,and it is a mechanism in place to get our population used to seeing the racial demographic changes that will bury our grand children in America,again, who is behind our racial displacement,leading to replacement,leading to our destruction?.If we can be replaced in American sports,we can be replaced in American society.Edited by: LabMan

LabMan

Mentor
..........A bit more on above comments,is this a rant?,you bet,is this the time?,yes because "Our American Pastime"is starting up again,a most wonderful time of the year!Is this the forum?,again,yes.I urge all reading this to go to Mr.Wassall's other fine news site,www.anunews.net.

Skipperron

Guru
Excellent "rant". And I agree, but it does get hard to stand up to this when it seems few others care or are man enough to admit their feelings.

And I will go to Mr. Wassalls other site. Did not know he had another one. Need all the reinforcement we can get.

Skipperron

Guru
Minutes before the first exhibition game Pirate fans were talking about how Pedro Alvarez was going to crush the ball and how they would HAVE to keep him on the roster. Now after 2 games they are saying it does not matter about exhibition at bats, and he has not got started yet, and some are just being very quite. He has had 5 at bats, striking out 4 times and popping up the other one. LOL

Skipperron

Guru
When the Pirates had a heavy white laden lineup, Huntington traded traded and traded; moving players to "acquire more young athletes". Right. Now that it is almost an all black/hispanic lineup (with 3-4 more waiting in minors) he makes the statement that "the days of us moving players is finished, over. We have our players to move forward with." Wow. Who would have figured that?

Skipperron

Guru
Elijah Dukes was released by the Nats. I was waiting for it and it just came. Pirate fans on all the sites are screaming for the Pirates to sign that piece of junk. If they were too sign him (and I don't think they will) it would be the final straw for me and the Pirates

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I don't think you will have to worry about your nightmare coming true, Skipperron.

I'm looking for a much-improved season this year from the Bucs.

I know we've been saying the same thing for 15 years, but I'd like to think the overall weakness of the NL Central-aside from the Cardinals-is going to help the Pirates.

Skipperron

Guru
Hated to see Brandon Moss designated for assignment today. I really felt he might put it together this year. Now it more than likely will be with another team if he does. And of course, super-black Delwyn Young will assume Moss's spot as 5th OF. Young can hit a bit but is one of the worst defenders I have EVER seen. We did pick up Hayden Penn at least in a waiver move, which was the stated reason Moss was dropped.

LabMan

Mentor
Moss is a very solid player,and would have proven same if given a chance,but being White he had to be "moved along",now the Pirates have lastings "thrillege' in left,that is what bucco broadcasters actually call him!,let's hope Brandon Moss starts with another team in the same division as Pittsburgh,and beats them on a regular basis,with bat,glove, and arm.

Skipperron

Guru
Pirate sites and newspapers are loaded with stories now about how close Milledge and McCutchen are. Plus other stories about how great of story Milledge is. Plus stories about how Milledge is ready for breakout year. The media push is on. Meanwhile I have read several stories about Tabata being ready and maybe Garrett Jones being traded. UGH

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Jose Tabata will never be the player the clueless are touting him to be.

Garrett Jones will be a good power hitter and a solid defender in the OF or at 1B, if given the chance to keep playing every day.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pirates fans continue to sufferfrom perhaps the worst ownership in pro sports:

No surprise! Pirates payroll rock bottom

By Bob Smizik | Monday 9:40 a.m.

Interesting tidbits gathered from the list of player MLB salaries in today's edition of USA Today.

* The Pirates have the lowest payroll in MLB at $34.943 million.

* There are 21 teams that double the Pirates payroll

* There are eight teams that triple the Pirates payroll.

* The Pirates highest-paid player is Paul Maholm at $5 million. His salary is the lowest of the individual team's highest-paid player.

* The Pirates are one of three teams without a player receiving an eight-figure salary. The other two are Arizona and San Diego.

* The Pirates have 15 players making less than $500,000, which is third highest behind Oakland (20) and Cleveland (17).

* Four teams have two players making more than the entire Pirates payroll -- Cubs, Tigers, Mets, Yankees.

* Twelve other teams have three players making more than entire Pirates payroll -- Braves, Red Sox, White Sox, Reds, Astros, Angels, Dodgers, Twins, Phillies, Cardinals, Giants, Mariners.

* Six other teams have four players making more than entire Pirates payroll -- Orioles, Indians, Rockies, Royals, Brewers, Rays.
<DIV style="CLEAR: both">
<DIV =postfoot>Posted: Bob Smizik | with 52 comment(s)
<DIV =postfoot>
<DIV =postfoot>http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/bobsmizik/default.aspx

LabMan

Mentor
2-1 now V.S.,after a sound beating by the Dodgers in the third game,G.Jones moved out of position from right field to first base after hitting 3 home runs in first two games,Why?,Delwyn Young inserted into right field,Jones looked very unsure at first,and at the plate,a plan to shake the confidence of this great White hope?,position moves when you are playing well can do exactly that,only time will answer that,but let's watch Garrett Jones a little closer,if this is the case,it will be revealed.

Skipperron

Guru
The main reason for Jones being moved is that right and first are two positions manned by white players. So when another player needs to play you shuffle those spots. Never mind sitting down Milledge who has not really done much so far. And of course never ever set down McCutchen, who has struggled greatly until yesterday. Jones and Clement are the two who will be moved around. And after the ultra embarrasing 13 run inning yesterday the Pirates have fallen to .500 now.

Skipperron

Guru
Speaking of the face of the Pirates, McCutchen, he has a horrible arm in center and an even worse idea of when and where to throw the baseball. His play has been terrible in center.

LabMan

Mentor
Ken Macha poured it on yesterday as the Brewers beat "the battlin bucs" 20-0,Macha is a Pittsburgh native and a sound baseball man who applied for the Pirate manager job a few years back and was turned away,some payback here?,Ken Macha is also known as a man who does things his way,and will not be intimidated by management or players,why would they hire him?,John Russell never gets upset or shows much emotion no matter how bad things are going.

The Pirates are possibly ready to bring to the team their "great Latin hopes" from the minors,and perhaps replace Russell with a minority coach currently in place at first and third base.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
John Russell is a bad manager.

The only good coach they have is Joe Kerrigan, in my opinion.

Yes, I would suspect that the next team manager will be from Latin America.

They did have HRs tonight from Garrett Jones and Jeff Clement, with Paul Maholm pitching a solid game-but Delwyn Young lost it for them with a Little League-like performance in the field at 3B.

The "great" Lastings Milledge is rapidly reverting to his useless form of previous years in MLB.

Andrew McCutchen has some real talent, especially on the basepaths.

But the other two blacks, Milledge and Young, don't belong in MLB.

They are just there to appease Bud Selig and whining black players-current and former-who think that MLB has a responsibility to increase the number of blacks in the game.
smiley5.gif
Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Lastings Milledge sucks.

Akinori Iwamura sucks.

Ronny Cedeno sucks.

Delwyn Young sucks.

The owners-the Nutting family-suck.

The Pirates will never get better til they get rid of the losers they seem to accumulate each year like the above, and get new ownership.

LabMan

Mentor
The unworkable concept of multiculturalism again rules here in the selection of players and in the minds of DWF's,the Pirates had a chance to sign Kelly Johnston as a second baseman,and some solid White outfielders were out there also,but they did not want an all American image player in the key position of centerfield so Nate McClouth was dealt.

Think it's bad now?,check out some of theminor league team rosters,base coaching and managerial positions.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Akinori Iwamura continues to be a flop for near $5 million.

It's time for Neil Walker to get an extended look at 2B.

They already wasted $2 million on the released Ramon Vazquez.

I didn't think much of Matt Capps and his lack of conditioning last year, but he sure is better for the Nats than Octavio Dotel is for the Bucs this one.

Lastings Milledge continues to do almost nothing useful at the plate and in the field, but most DWFs want more of the same from the once-uber prospect of the Mets and Nationals.

And, as LabMan points out above, the Pirates seem committed to using their first and third base coaching positions for minorities-white men need not apply.

But as long as the Nutting family rakes in the dough, they could care less what lifelong Pirate fans have endured since October '92, and will obviously continue to suffer through til the Nuttings sell the club.

LabMan

Mentor
Neil Walker is playing second base at the minor league level and hitting.320,moved out of his natural catching position,and forced to move from third base because of the love of diversity,we can expect to see him at the major league level at about age 31 or 32 when it will be all over for him,not unlike catcher Chris Coste,and shortstop Eric Bruntlett,also the vctims of misandry,I suppose in a way it can be a positive factor as these guys can draw good paychecks and not get beaten up by the rigors of playing every day,but as solid White men,I'm sure they would want to do battle every day in starting major league lineups.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Our Buccos are 18-22 going into tonight's game. I never thought they'd be anywhere near .500 at this point in the season. Putting Iwamura's butt on the pine has been helpful.