Phillies extremely white.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
As of late, the Phillies have been almost completely white on a number of occasions. With Rollins still hurt, they only have 4 minorities that might play on a given day (Ryan Howard, Carlos Ruiz, Pedro Feliz, and So Taguchi). Ruiz and Feliz split time about 50/50, with Chris Coste spelling Ruiz at C and Greg Dobbs over Feliz at 3rd. Taguchi doesn't play much at all.

All of their day-to-day bench players are white.

They have been winning too! With usually only 2-3 nonwhites in the lineup. And with only 2 minority pitchers total, the Phillies are one of the whitest and best teams in the NL, IMO.

...and no broadcasters have said anything. Yet.Edited by: PhillyBirds

LabMan

Mentor
The Phillies are having a nice start to their season,playing with solid fundamentals that White,American baseball players are known for.

foreverfree

Mentor
Pat Burrell hit a walk off 2 run HR tonight in the 10th inning after SF went up by 1 in the top half. Phi 6, SF 5. Keep it up Phightins!

John

SeaJim

Guru
Bravo! Chase Utley has been on fire!! So glad to see this because I know that racist Ryan Howard is probably pissed the white boys are playing as a team. Didn't Howard just get a renegotiated contract and he is playing like $hit. $$$ well spent.

To be fair, Ryan is a stand up guy. I personally know the Howard family and they are good, hardworking people. Ryan is not a jealous guy at all. He is very humble and stays out of trouble. He is struggling but he is doing the right thing by putting in extra work in the batting cage and giving credit to his teammates for picking him up. With that said I am happy to see that Chase is doing well and I hope that he can get a MVP this year as he is the most underrated player in baseball.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Yeah, personally I like Howard. He's honest, and will tell you when he's hitting like crap (like he is). To me, he is a good model athlete for anyone, black or white.

That aside, I do believe he is way overhyped. When he's hot, he's really hot. However, when he's slumping it sucks bad. I do think the Phillies paid him a bit too much for the kind of streaky hitter he is.

Go Phils!

SeaJim

Guru
Okay, maybe I am a little ignorant re Ryan Howard. But isn't he also one of the players stating there aren't enough black players in baseball? I am weary of this guy to be honest. The description yourself and mrjohnnynofear gives of Howard sounds like my opinion of Jimmie Rollins, who is a class act. I just never got that warm and fuzzy from Ryan Howard. BTW, Chase hit a homerun today. Go Phils and Go Flyers!!!

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Rollins is another guy I like, you're right. Howard hasn't outwardly stated to the media his feelings about blacks in basbeall, as far as I know. I don't know of any instances in which he has mentioned it, but my knowledge here is by no means comprehensive.

BTW, go Eric Bruntlett! He could be a starter somewhere else if it weren't for Rollins. I would hate Jimmy if I didn't love him...

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Because of the Caste media, Ryan Howard is on the cover of a baseball video game.

In my view, this is the real deal in no uncertain terms; He's being marketed as an "alpha-male" for Whites to worship.

Why else would he be treated as the best African-American in baseball WHEN he isn't even the best African-American ON HIS OWN TEAM???..........

I guess "diminutive" black players (whose games are much more complete) aren't "imposing" enough, and don't fit the "blacks are physically superior" agenda.

The Caste media has it's agenda, and they regularly latch onto those with inferior fundamentals. One has to look at this "phenomenon" case-by-case in the various sports.

"Sluggers" -- White or Black -- aren't automatically the best (or most important) players if the numbers say otherwise.

For instance, I've never been a Richie Sexson fan. The bar has been lowered in sports. "He must be good because he made the Pro Bowl!" "He must be good because he's making all that money!"

Just more "tools" aimed at enforcing the Caste System and dumbing-down the White populace.

Personal feelings aside, (and it is tough to do when you know someone) Ryan may have been a little too hyped this year. Coming off of a good rookie year, maybe the Phils tried too hard to make him the franchise player. But the Phils have a lot of stars there. Utley, Burrell, Rollins and Rowland are all all-star caliber players also. I think it would work better if they market the entire team and let the fans choose who they like the best.

Hi SeaJim, the guy who you might be thinking of who said there was too few blacks in baseball might have been Torii Hunter. He was on HBO Real Sports. Although he did say that, he did say it was not MLB's fault and all he could do was encourage african-american youths to give it a try. He also runs a camp for disadvantage youth (black and white) to play baseball. As long as Torii doesn't think that MLB owes something extra to him or african-americans and he is putting his money where his mouth is with getting youth involved in baseball, then I don't have a problem with what he said. My problem is when someone says "MLB owes us this and that. Where are the special baseball clinic in the inner city? (which MLB does have too) ect. ect." And it's OK, not alot of people know Ryan. Thanks for being open and honest
smiley1.gif

Eric Brunlett is a GREAT young player too. He is unfortunately stuck behind the best double play combo in baseball. I will think that the Phils would find a way to let him play. But man that lineup is tough to crack at this point.

And I completely agree with you Deadlift on the fact that MLB likes to use sluggers as their face. Again, personal feelings aside, when Ryan is on he is ON but when he is not he is NOT. The Phils have both Rollins and Utley who are 2 of maybe 9 or 10 players in MLB who are complete 5 tool players but they won't get marketed like Ryan. Utley should have the MVP award this year if all continues like it is. But with that aside, I do like the Phils alot. They're a good young team with great white stars and even the african-american players are not bad on or off the field. I hope that they win the NL East over the Mets!
smiley32.gif

SeaJim

Guru
mrjohnnynofear said:
...But the Phils have a lot of stars there. Utley, Burrell, Rollins and Rowland are all all-star caliber players also. I think it would work better if they market the entire team and let the fans choose who they like the best.

Hi SeaJim, the guy who you might be thinking of who said there was too few blacks in baseball might have been Torii Hunter. He was on HBO Real Sports. Although he did say that, he did say it was not MLB's fault and all he could do was encourage african-american youths to give it a try. He also runs a camp for disadvantage youth (black and white) to play baseball. As long as Torii doesn't think that MLB owes something extra to him or african-americans and he is putting his money where his mouth is with getting youth involved in baseball, then I don't have a problem with what he said. My problem is when someone says "MLB owes us this and that. Where are the special baseball clinic in the inner city? (which MLB does have too) ect. ect." And it's OK, not alot of people know Ryan. Thanks for being open and honest
smiley1.gif

Eric Brunlett is a GREAT young player too. He is unfortunately stuck behind the best double play combo in baseball. I will think that the Phils would find a way to let him play. But man that lineup is tough to crack at this point....
Rowand? He is with the SF Giants now...he wanted bucko $$$ which the Phils did not want to give him. I agree this team is hot right now and lets see how far it goes. Utley deserves the MVP at this point, I just hope he doesn't burn out. That would be 3 years in a row the MVP went to a Phillie...Howard, Rollins, and Utley (hopefully)? Bummer I don't get too many Phillies games out here in Seattle. I just get to watch that lame Sexson...ugh!!!

LabMan

Mentor
Eric Bruntlett is in fact a very good shortstop,and could start for any major league club,the powers that be want to have double play combinations that are non White,look around both leagues,to solidify "up the middle dominance",pitcher,catcher,known as "the battery",shortstop,second base,catcher,and centerfielder are the heart of any baseball team.

To rip these positions away from White players is,in my opinion,the goal of social engineers to say that White players can,and will,be replaced in positions of importance on American teams.Oh,how they must feel ill at ease about the Oakland A's double play combo of Bobby Crosby,and Mark Ellis.Perhaps they will try to break up these guys also.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A guy I feel really good for is Brad Lidge, who has been dominating as the Phils' closer. He's taken a lot of heat and basically been written off because of one bad pitch in his career, a home run hit off him by Albert Pujols in the playoffs. He's one of those white players the fans are always ready to jump all over, but they must love him right now in Philly.

It also helps that Idrafted Lidge on my two fantasy baseball teams.
smiley36.gif

Solomon Kane

Mentor
gotta love those Phils! I don't mind rollins and howard having good years if it propels the phils to the stage of the world series. then the nation can see guys like utley, burrell, hamels and lidge center stage.

I agree though that Howard is being promoted as the noble home run hitting black alpha male by the caste media. Not really his fault, I guess...still would like to see that downplayed.

Hope Sexson has a decent year--he's usually good for 100 rbis. He's another guy the caste media likes to make fun of as a typical big strikeout white goofball a la dave kingman. But he did have a terrible year last year. Hope he gets 40+ this year, we need more of these guys to make us forget Barry bonds, et al.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Lidge has completely dominated in all of his opportunities. Any doubts Philly fans had about his knee are gone to be replaced by complete trust in any save situation. ERA so far: 0.00

PhillyBirds

Mentor
NOTE: Lidge's ERA is now 0.50 thanks to a McCann hit in the 9th inning of Tuesday's game
smiley19.gif

Chris Coste will also start over Carlos Ruiz (5/15) after a 4-for-4 night last night.