Peter new champion???

Sean

Mentor
That's right, due to Oleg Maskaev's injury, Peter has been voted new interim Heavyweight Champion for the WBC. He didn't even have to fight for this! At least when Rahman was handed the title, he had already faced and beaten Monte Barrett.

Also, Fightnews says the Jameel McCline has the 'inside track' on being Peter's opponent. Vladimir Virchis is ranked third in the WBC, right behind Peter. Why not Virchis and Peter? Why not even McCall and Peter. McCline is not even rated by the WBC. His last fight ended with a knee injury, and this somehow earned him a title shot? This just proves that Samuel Peter is overhyped. Even his promoters know it.

G

It has nothing to do with hype. Good boxers spend the majority of their career avoiding other good boxers.

Why would Peter want a match against somebody that has a decent chance to beat him? He just got the belt. He wants a few easy matches first.

After he gets a few easy matches out of the way, he can get down to some serious business, like avoiding the boxers that have the other major belts.

Sean

Mentor
It's a sad day when a so called "champion" takes the easy way out. It's one thing if the mandatory is a bum (Klitschko-Austin), because that's a fight that the sanctioning bodies deem necessary. It's quite another thing to defend the title you didn't win against someone who is not even in the top 25!

G

Sean said:
It's a sad day when a so called "champion" takes the easy way out.

That's normal in boxing. Lots of white boxers do this too.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I would rather see McCline lose than Golota. But that's like saying I would rather be shot then hung.....
smiley11.gif

Sean

Mentor
nevada said:
Sean said:
It's a sad day when a so called "champion" takes the easy way out.

That's normal in boxing. Lots of white boxers do this too.

Sean said:
It's one thing if the mandatory is a bum (Klitschko-Austin), because that's a fight that the sanctioning bodies deem necessary. It's quite another thing to defend the title you didn't win against someone who is not even in the top 25!

A voluntary defense of a title you didn't win against someone outside the top 25
smiley5.gif
Edited by: Sean

G

Sorry, I just don't see what the big deal is here. This is completely normal for boxing, a sport where most of the best athletes are cowards who are terrified of matching up against good opponents. They might lose after all.

I can't think of any other mainstream sport where the "top" guys literally avoid competition.

Want to know why good guys in MMA lose? Because they fight each other.Edited by: nevada

Sean

Mentor
nevada said:
Sorry, I just don't see what the big deal is here. This is completely normal for boxing, a sport where most of the best athletes are cowards who are terrified of matching up against good opponents. They might lose after all.

I can't think of any other mainstream sport where the "top" guys literally avoid competition.

Want to know why good guys in MMA lose? Because they fight each other.

I agree with you that many boxing champions avoid the best guys, but they don't delve so deep into obscurity! All I'm saying is, that Sam Peter is GIVEN a title he did not win (or even fight an interim bout for) and now will 'defend' it against someone outside the top 25! He cannot be considered a champion.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Sam Peter is NOT the WBC champion. Oleg Maskaev is still champ. Peter is INTERIM champ. That means that if Maskaev does not defend his title against Peter in a given time period, then Peter will automatically claim the title. Maskaev will most likely get bettter in time to fight Peter by the end of the year.

Sean

Mentor
Liverlips said:
Sam Peter is NOT the WBC champion. Oleg Maskaev is still champ. Peter is INTERIM champ. That means that if Maskaev does not defend his title against Peter in a given time period, then Peter will automatically claim the title. Maskaev will most likely get bettter in time to fight Peter by the end of the year.

Yep, in my original post I say Peter has been handed the interim title. What bugs me is just that, it was HANDED to him. He didn't even have to fight for it.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Sean said:
Also, Fightnews says the Jameel McCline has the 'inside track' on being Peter's opponent. Vladimir Virchis is ranked third in the WBC, right behind Peter. Why not Virchis and Peter? Why not even McCall and Peter. McCline is not even rated by the WBC. His last fight ended with a knee injury, and this somehow earned him a title shot? This just proves that Samuel Peter is overhyped. Even his promoters know it.

You're absolutely right Sean - Sam Peter has been overhyped, and is much too slow to be rated as a top level boxer.

McCline has now been confirmed as the opponent for Sam Peter, and will be getting a shot at the interim title, even though he's not ranked in the WBC top 40 heavyweights! But when you're promoted by Don King, these kind of things happen.

And you were right about Virchis or even McCall (or Tua, Ruiz, Rahman etc.) being better choices as Peter's opponent, but this way if Peter loses wins, the title is still in Don King's hands.

Sean

Mentor
JD1986 said:
Sean said:

You're absolutely right Sean - Sam Peter has been overhyped, and is much too slow to be rated as a top level boxer.

McCline has now been confirmed as the opponent for Sam Peter, and will be getting a shot at the interim title, even though he's not ranked in the WBC top 40 heavyweights! But when you're promoted by Don King, these kind of things happen.

And you were right about Virchis or even McCall (or Tua, Ruiz, Rahman etc.) being better choices as Peter's opponent, but this way if Peter loses wins, the title is still in Don King's hands.

EXACTLY! Great post.

Gary

Mentor
So now the colored boys need affirmative action in boxing!! Peter is nothing, was slapped silly by Wlad. McCline was beat by Wlad and lost to Valuev-so how does McCline now deserve anything. Rahman was Ko'd twice by Maskaev and also deserves nothing. Tua is ducking Shane Cameron of New Zealand. Virchius, Lyahovich or the winner of the Valuev-Bergeron fight should be the top contender. Alexander Povetkin should be ranked higher then any black. Tony Thompson is overhyped. The PC media really want a black chump [champ] but realize the black boys can't beat the White Men from Eastern Europe so they invent a champ-Samuel Peter, who got a fat lip and black eye when he fought Wlad.
Wlad has ducked nobody-he has beat Peter, Bryd[twice], McCline, Williamson, Austin, Brewster, Brock and Barrett. The black boys don't want any part of Wlad.Edited by: Gary

G

Until Ibragimov cancels his ridiculous WBO defense against Holyfield and gets a real opponent, you guys have no room to talk.

The recent trend here of calling decent black boxers who hold major belts "great black hopes" is totally stupid. How can they be "great black hopes" when they already have major belts?

Sean

Mentor
nevada said:
Until Ibragimov cancels his ridiculous WBO defense against Holyfield and gets a real opponent, you guys have no room to talk.

The recent trend here of calling decent black boxers who hold major belts "great black hopes" is totally stupid. How can they be "great black hopes" when they already have major belts?

Uh, what black heavyweights hold major titles? None! The media is looking for a great black hope just like the white media was in Jack Johnson's day.

Ibragimov actually won his title (not just handed to him). His first choice was a unification fight which fell through. Holyfield is ranked 11th, unlike McCline's 42!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Once again, you're right and nevada is wrong, Sean - Ibragimov WON his title, Peter had his GIVEN to him because of an injury to the REAL champion.

Ibragimov's choice as his first defense was another titleholder - Chagaev, the second best heavyweight in the world. Peter's first choice in defending the interim title was Golota, a shot fighter no longer ranked in the BoxRec top 100, who was KOed in the first round in two of his four title fights (and didn't win either of the other two). The easiest available opponent was Golota - McBride is at least in the top 100 heavyweights, why not he instead of Golota?

Holyfield may be a has-been, but McCline is a never-was! Holyfield is coming off four straight wins, McCline is coming off a loss. Holyfield is at least ranked by the WBC and WBO (#11) sanctioning bodies, McCline wasn't considered good enough to make the WBC top 40. Both Holyfield and McCline have had title fights before: Holyfield won some and lost some, but McCline lost in both of his.

McCline was chosen by King and Duva partly because he didn't cost as much as McCall - Holyfield was chosen by Ibragimov because the fight would be very popular in Russia and make a LOT of money! Contrastingly different reasons...

Edited by: JD1986

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
nevada said:

Has anybody else noticed that "nevada" seems to be a troll on this website? He defends black boxers and discredits white fighters. He is usually negative and sometimes very insulting to the members here.

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to ban "nevada", since he doesn't like white athletes? What do you think, Don?Edited by: JD1986

JD1986 said:
nevada said:

Has anybody else noticed that "nevada" seems to be a troll on this website? He defends black boxers and discredits white fighters. He is usually negative and sometimes very insulting to the members here.

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to ban "nevada", since he doesn't like white athletes? What do you think, Don?

I have not noticed (that he seems to be a "troll")and happen to think that Nevada makes some very good posts. Since this is supposed to be a pro fairness to white athletes forum, it would be a good idea to ban all the anti-Semite posters because that is not really being pro fairness to white athletes, although i understand the logic of those who think it is. But, i don't agree with them. However, for the most part, those posts are OK by me because people can express their opinions--even if i don't agree with them.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
highschoolcoach said:
I have not noticed (that he seems to be a "troll")and happen to think that Nevada makes some very good posts. Since this is supposed to be a pro fairness to white athletes forum, it would be a good idea to ban all the anti-Semite posters because that is not really being pro fairness to white athletes, although i understand the logic of those who think it is. But, i don't agree with them. However, for the most part, those posts are OK by me because people can express their opinions--even if i don't agree with them.

I haven't noticed any anti-Semite posters here. Can you give me an example of anybody trashing Arthur Abraham? (an Armenian boxer, and Armenians are part of the Semitic race, although they're predominately Christians) Come to think of it, there may have been one person who was trashing Arabs, who are a Semitic people.

If you are referring to Jews as Semites, I hope you realize Judaism is a RELIGION, not a race. I haven't noticed anyone trashing any Jewish boxers, not even the black ones like Zab Judah and Tony Thompson. Some people in this forum had words of praise for white Jewish fighters like Roman Greenberg and Dmitrie Salita.

Please explain where you saw the "anti-Semitism".Edited by: JD1986

Amren.com

Mentor
nevada said:

What chance do you give Holyfield of winning?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Amren.com said:
What chance do you give Holyfield of winning?

On both eastsideboxing.com and boxingscene.com polls, over 50% picked Holyfield to defeat Ibragimov! (interestingly, a newer poll on eastsideboxing for the Peter vs. McCline fight so far has nearly 100% picking Peter to win)

I think there's only two ways Holyfield can win:

1) he cuts Ibragimov with a sneaky headbutt that the referee doesn't see, and the bleeding forces a stoppage, so Holyfield wins by TKO

2) it goes the distance, and the judges score a decision for Holyfield - even though Ibragimov has landed more punches and deserves to win.

But I'm thinking it will not go the distance, and will end in a KO or TKO for Ibragimov.

.Edited by: JD1986

yanling

Guru
What interests me is that what scant attention heavyweight boxing gets these days from the media is seemingly fixated on the idea that "four white heavyweight champions" is a travesty and that -- fortwith -- black champions must be installed in their place, whether by merit or by politics it doesn't matter -- so long as the champions are black, then all is right with the world.

white is right

Hall of Famer
This is why boxing is corrupt to the core.......
smiley11.gif
The WBC is naming Jameel McCline from the USA as the next challenger for the new interim heavyweight champion of the world, Samuel Peter from Nigeria, in order to take special actions to save the date of October 6 at the legendary Madison Square Garden in New York, as the WBC heavyweight title can not continue being frozen after 10 months of inactivity, and at least for four more months for the recovery of the injured champion Oleg Maskaev. McCline was taken out of number 9 position of the WBC ratings when he became unavailable for the WBC title by fighting the former champion of the WBA, Nicolay Valuev from Russia. McCline had won the first two rounds, but lost by TKO in the third round when he injured his knee and could not continue the fight. The WBC had received an appeal from McCline's manager, Mr. Scott Hirsch, which was answered favorably by the WBC because of the unquestionable merits of McCline to be rated within the first 10 of the world. The fighting record of McCline is of 48 fights, out of which he has won 38, 23 by KO, lost 7, and drawn 3. Samuel Peter has a record of 28 wins, one loss, and 0 draws, with 22 of his wins by KO.
The WBC Rules and Regulations give explicit authority to the WBC Board of Governors to take any action to resolve any special circumstance, as the WBC believes this to be the case. McCline has been training and in good shape, as he was training to fight Vitali Klitschko at the end of September before that fight was cancelled due to Vitali's injury. The WBC Board of Governors ruled to mandate Samuel Peter to make his next defense of the title against Jameel McCline. I want to know how big was the bag of cash given to Generillismo Sulaiman.
smiley11.gif
Edited by: white is right

G

Maskaev camp lashes out!</font>

Thursday, September 27 2007</font>

By Matt Richardson </font>
Fred
Kesch, injured WBC heavyweight champion Oleg Maskaev's long-time
manager, was predictably upset about the WBC's decision to make Samuel
Peter interim champion. "Give us a chance to come back and fight,"
Kesch said in an interview with Fightnews. "Give us six weeks; we'll
let you know if he's all right. Don't treat him like he's nobody and
kick him to the curb because he has an injury! They never declared an
interim title when (Evander) Holyfield was hurt," continued Kesch.
"They never declared an interim title when (Mike) Tyson was hurt. The
WBC is diluting it's importance. It makes the organization look like
it's not worth anything. Give him the time to recuperate. If it looks
like he's going to be out longer than give Peter an interim title, but
give Oleg a chance." </font>

Gary

Mentor
Yes JD1986 I have noticed Nevada as a troll-I have my doubts about highschoolcoach too. Anybody who comes on this site that is not 100% behind White men in sports has not read the guidelines and should be banned. We are for the White Brothers all the way-anyone who is not should go!!
Holyfield and Tyson are black that is why there was no interim title. The PC media has cheated the White American men, but now they are trying to cheat the Russians too, maybe Putin should blow up Harlem and as everyone know's that could do as much as $1.35 worth of damage!!