Star WV QB claimed white baseball coach is a racist since there are no blacks
on team. He barely apologised---once again this tactic is being used as a
weapon/threat. Look at politics. Richard Cohen and Gergen etc. keep
claiming Obama would be doing much better in the polls except for the
white racists. Dumbasses--what about the blacks nearly at 95% voting for
Obama--see G Ferraro, Pat Buchanan etc who point out the double
standard---again this double standard is a sick joke. Cohen claimed those
whites voting for Hillary were voting against Obama and not for Hillary
whereas the black voters were more genuine in their pick for their man.
Asswipe.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
There are almost no black Americans in college baseball for two simple reasons:

1) Very few blacks want to play baseball, and this has increasingly been the case for a couple decades or so. They would rather play basketball or football or commit crimes.

2) We don`t need blacks in college baseball anyway. There are plenty of talented white players.

I don`t see any of them saying there should be more white players in college football or basketball, where the numbers are so skewed from ethnic reality as to be sickening.

Pat White is just ticked off that he won`t be an NFL quarterback, and he doesn`t want to go back to baseball because he knows how tough it is to get through the minors.Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF

Sandman

White apologizes for racial remarks

Fox Sports
July 31, 2008

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) - West Virginia quarterback Pat White apologized Thursday for his comments that accused Mountaineer baseball coach Greg Van Zant of not pursuing black athletes.

White has been selected three times in baseball's amateur draft. He was asked Tuesday at the Big East football media day in Newport, R.I., whether he had spoken with Van Zant about the possibility of playing college baseball.

White said Van Zant "wasn't interested" in having him on the team and was "not too high" on black players. There were no blacks on the 2008 WVU baseball roster.

"Thinking back on my recent comments at Big East media day, I believe that I may have overstated my feelings on college baseball and the WVU baseball program," White said in a statement released by the university. "I have not played collegiate baseball in the past because I have concentrated on football and building on our success with my football family.

"I am sorry my comments have caused so many distractions. I am looking forward to putting this behind me and getting on the practice field with my teammates on Saturday."

Messages left Thursday evening with the WVU baseball office and the WVU President's Office of Social Justice weren't immediately returned.

"I am sorry my comments have caused so many distractions..."

They simply cannot apologize in any sincere way. So if his comments had not caused "so many distractions", he wouldn't be sorry? Only a fool doesn't know that answer.

Deacon

Guru
Pat White is just pissed off that there isn't any blacks on the WVU baseball team. And as I stated in the Happy Hour, who the f**k cares!