Palmeiro Caught

Bart

Hall of Famer
Well, well, welll, let's see how this plays out.

Palmeiro suspended for steroids policy violation
<DIV =by-line>By Hal Bodley, USA TODAY
<DIV =intro-copy>Baltimore Orioles first baseman Rafael Palmeiro, who testified before Congress on March 17 that he'd never used steroids, was suspended by Commissioner Bud Selig on Monday for 10 days for violating baseball's steroids policy.
<DIV =intro-copy>
<DIV =intro-copy>In remarks prepared for a conference call Monday, Palmeiro said he had accepted his punishment and could not explain how the steroids got into his body.
<DIV =intro-copy>
"I have never intentionally used steroids. Never. Ever. Period," he said. "Ultimately, although I never intentionally put a banned substance into my body, the independent arbitrator ruled that I had to be suspended under the terms of the program."

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
It's sickening. Deny, deny, deny. He is unable to tell the truth. And why should he? He is much better off just lying. Tell the truth like McGuire and Giambi and you are roasted. Let's see if the fans boo him.

Kaptain

Master
Maybe now that he has committed an offense he will be considered white - just like hate crime stats consider hispanics white when they commit crimes.

bigunreal

Mentor
Just how do you accidently take steroids? Only a pro athlete could come
up with an infantile excuse like that. I see that, regardless, MLB is
serious about the whole steroid issue; they are going to suspend
Palmeiro for 10 games. Wow- that will teach him. And, with all this
obvious cheating going on, Pete Rose is still not in the Hall Of
Fame!

Weltner

Guru
bigunreal said:
Just how do you accidently take steroids? Only a pro athlete could come
up with an infantile excuse like that. I see that, regardless, MLB is
serious about the whole steroid issue; they are going to suspend
Palmeiro for 10 games. Wow- that will teach him. And, with all this
obvious cheating going on, Pete Rose is still not in the Hall Of
Fame!

And,most evil of all,Bonds and Sosa will get away,scott-free,which is
the far bigger crime,since:A) Bonds has always been the guiltiest of
them all,even more so than McGwire,and:B)he's black( Which , in a
normal world,with people who have common sense ,would never have
allowed he and his sleazy ilk to play the game , because his
race didn't,and never could
have,invented the game in the first place. Meaning,if Whitey doesn't
invent the game,the jerk off has no career to begin with ),and:C)he's
racist.They won't even get the puny 10 day suspension(Not that it would
matter,of course).

And if they're threratedned with anything harsher( Especially Bonds ) , just wave the Race Card,and POOF! Charges disappear!

Edited by: Weltner

A3rdrightwing

Kaptain Poop said:
Maybe now that he has committed an offense he will be considered white - just like hate crime stats consider hispanics white when they commit crimes.

Well I hate to tell you but Rafael Palmeiro is Whiter than Brad Ausmus, Mike Liberthal or Shawn Green.(the former twohalf jews, last complete jew) Palmeiro is white even though he comes from Cuba. Would Mickey Mantle be considered any less white if he came from Mexico? What about Ted Williams his motherwas a white mexican or Michael Young who's mom is probably a white mexician?I wouldn't.

But regardless of his racehis excuse was poor, but I wouldn't throw him under the bus as much as say Bonds or Sosa. His stats unlike Sosa, Giambi, even Bondswere consisent throughout his career. He is still a hall of famer in my mind, though not on thefirst ballot. He lied to congress but don't they do that everyday to us. Kinda like Ted Kennedy said in 1965 about the Immigration and Naturalization Act "that it won't change our demographics.

One final I can think of one white man happy to see Raffy fall a bit from grace: Ryne Sandberg since Raffy was the one Sandberg's wife cheated on.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the board, A3rdrightwing. Palmeiro has indeed been a very consistent player, both before and after he started using steroids. His first four full seasons he hit 14, 8, 8 and 14 home runs. Then he went 26, 22, 37 and 23. Then began his string of 10 straight seasons of at least 38 homers. How many great home run hitters began by hitting dingers only in single digits? Not a single other slugger started off so feebly other than Sammy Sosa.

It was painfully obvious that Palmeiro was using steroids, but he pretty much received a free pass -- in part because the media considers him "hispanic" regardless of how European his heritage may be.

A3rdrightwing

Don Wassall said:
Welcome to the board, A3rdrightwing. Palmeiro has indeed been a very consistent player, both before and after he started using steroids. His first four full seasons he hit 14, 8, 8 and 14 home runs. Then he went 26, 22, 37 and 23. Then began his string of 10 straight seasons of at least 38 homers. How many great home run hitters began by hitting dingers only in single digits? Not a single other slugger started off so feebly other than Sammy Sosa.

It was painfully obvious that Palmeiro was using steroids, but he pretty much received a free pass -- in part because the media considers him "hispanic" regardless of how European his heritage may be.

Thanks for the welcome and I'm happy to have found a site where fans can join and think critically about the declining state of sports because of the lack of oppurtunities for white athletes. The statistic about 98% of college players drafted being white shows that there is something wrong. I mean for every Miguel Tejada that makes it from the Dominican Republic there are like 5 Valerio De Los Santos , and 5 Jorge Toca's that dont. Those guys are fringe players. So baseball is trying to tell us that some kid from Iowa can't fill out a bench spot better than a Dominican or other non - white hispanic? Give me a break. Anyone with brain cells knows why this is, $$$.

Well back to the topic at hand you bring up a good point about Palmeiro's statistics in his first 4 full years. I always assumed he platooned his whole time in Chicago, but he started two of those years including the division winning 89 Cubs team.Many scouts projected his career to go in the direction of Mark Grace high average but little power, which still would have given him a solid career but not a hall of famer. The strangest statistic in all of this is that in 1993 he stole 22 bases. (year he hit 37 homers) I was shocked at seeing that number. But with Palmeiro can we reallysay it was all steroids. Wouldn't of his body broken down as fast as say Sosa or Camminti who put up soild seasons, then had only 2-3 monsterous years before declining again. I am aware that players cycle, but at some point it catches up to them. Why not Palmeiro? Either way he still did steroids, got caught, and should fess up like a man. Is he still a Hall of Famer? Maybe so. he will probably still get in but not on the first ballot. But I also wouldn't be shocked if he didn't get in since he's never been to a world series and has never hit over .280 in a playoff series or hit more than 2 homers.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Sosa was a premier power hitter for about a decade before he declined, but he was pretty much a one-trick pony. Palmeirohas beenan excellent all-around player who has often been underappreciated. But how do we view all these steroids-enhanced players? Should they be kept out of the Hall of Fame? Their records taken away from them? The main problem with that is, for every player who has been proven or close to proven to have used steroids, there are undoubtedly many others who weren't caught.

It's disgusting that the powers-that-be in baseball deliberately turned a blind eye to steroids use for so long until forced to do something about it, but mutants clubbing booming homeruns meant more fannies in the seats. Integrity is a nearly extinct commodity when it comes to the sports industry. Greed and corporate control have tainted everything in America.

Realgeorge

Mentor
Orioles Fans Bumming!

It's bad enough having Peter Angelos in town hosing up the Orioles.The Orioles are easily the worst franchise in Baseball, can't do anything right. Owner is a mean, angry, ugly NWO lawyer with a bone to pick with just about everybody [wish he would just get his haemorrhoids fixed and be done with it]. Balto has the worst Two-headed General Managers in existence. The club was playing well, First Place, 14 game over .500, then comes the bungled Trades, always leaked to the press ahead of time to piss off the players in question. All the trades fell through, then the hitting stopped, the pitching collapsed, and the Orioles sink. They might not win ten games all the rest of the season.

Add to this Palmeiro's misery, and Sammy's relapsing, and you have one unhappy clubhouse. The local papers and tv and radio are all over this one, proclaiming the franchise dead, and jumping ahead to the Ravens, the all-black, all-criminal local football "club". Been a long-time Orioles fan, have never seen a collapse like this one.O's were awfulthe previous seven years, but this year they are losing with above-average talent. The second Curse of the Bambino! George Herman Ruth had a miserable childhood in a Baltimore orphanage, obviously he is claming his revenge!!

Woes to the O's!

Yuri [Hello Hockey Season !!]Edited by: Realgeorge

Bart

Hall of Famer
NEW YORK (AP) -- Rafael Palmeiro's positive steroid test was for stanozolol, a powerful anabolic steroid that is not available in dietary supplements, according to a newspaper report.

The New York Times, citing a person in baseball with direct knowledge of the sport's drug-testing program, reported on its Web site Tuesday that Palmeiro tested positive for the drug known by the brand name Winstrol, most notably linked to the Olympic sprinter Ben Johnson of Canada.

IceSpeed2

Guru
On Sportscenter, they surveyed Hall of Fame voters. Now, it looks like he will miss the Hall.

sunshine

Mentor
I agree with Don. There is a ton of hypocrisy going on with Selig and the owners. They knew damn well players were juicing but they turned a blind eye because they were lining their pockets with big money. The media as well. Barring a few like Bob Costas, the media joined in on the homerun craze. One of the biggest problems in sports today is corporate greed and fast money. SI is a perfect example. Instead of putting the star athletes on the cover too often than not they resort to media hype. ( MIchael Vick anyone)They use marketing firms that dictate what sports star will generate the most buying dollars . Sure it is capitalism but it is the pin head tunnel vision version of it. Everything is too scripted. Even the Sosa -McGwire home run derby felt too fabricated for my liking. As for congress getting involved with steroids etc.. Did I miss something or why are they involved besides the photo ops and look at me I care garbage. Makes one want to puke. You would think they would have more important matters to attend to like saving this country from completelygoing down the drain. And yes that owner in Baltimore is a turkey.

Our President, George W. Bush, had this to say about Rafael Palmeiro being suspended for steriods. "He's a friend," Bush said. "He's testified in public and I believe him." The fact that Palmeiro tested positive for steriods made no impression on Our Great Conservative President. This came from the Washington Post.

IceSpeed2

Guru
Let's see if he tests negative
later and continues to play well. I think he could be pretty
good(just as good as he is now) without juice.

Bart

Hall of Famer
IceSpeed2 said:
Let's see if he tests negative later and continues to play well. I think he could be pretty good(just as good as he is now) without juice.

Sure, that's very likely .to happen. Hey, he probably would be closing in on 700 homers if it wasn't for that damn juice. You know, I feel kind of bad for the guy because from what I've read, on or off the field he's been a decent guy.But it's his own fault if people are less than sympatheticto his plight. I've got that image of him pointing his finger during the hearings, adamantly denying usage. He came off looking like a Saintwhile Mark McGuire who didn't LIE and put on a phony show, is now thought to be the Anti-Christ.

KD52171

Guru
I dont know where the info came from that he is as white as me brother.

He isnt.

KD52171

Guru
Pete Rose deserves to be in the Hall.

He didnt enhance his physical stamina and strength by betting on baseball. This is f**kin ridiculous.

These athletes juicing dont deserve the records they are passing in the history books.

Give Babe D bol and see what he would have done.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
KD52171 said:
Give Babe D bol and see what he would have done.

I heard the damnest thing the other day. Rob Schneider (Saturday Night Live fame) was a guest on some talking head show (ESPN). He was asked his thoughts on the whole steroid mess. After some time he got around to questioning the notion of asterisks for players involved in steroids. He said is it something you really want to do, and if so, would you go back and put an asterisk by Babe Ruth because he did not have to face Satchel Page. I can't hang with you all when it comes to baseball, but this struck even me as a complete laugh-er.

KD52171

Guru
Thats Barrys big argument.

He says that about past great White baseball players.

They didnt have to face the great ********.

Pump me up on d bol and give me a bat podnuhs.

I'll show you a middle aged white guy who can do some amazing things.

A3rdrightwing

KD52171 said:
I dont know where the info came from that he is as white as me brother.

He isnt.

Look Palmeiro messed up big time regardless of what everyone believes his racial background is. But again I say if Mickey Mantle looked the same and his name was Mickey Lopez from Mexico would that make him any less white racially? No of course not. The Bolshevik media just wants to confuse you by putting all spanish speaking people in the same pot. There was a comment on this board on how people could think Manny Ramirez, Miguel Tejada, and David Ortiz were not black was beyond them. It is equally as asinine to say that players like Rafael Palmeiro, Juan Rincon, Luis Gonzalez or even Javy Lopez aren't white. I dont see any signs of Black, Indian, Jew or Asian in Palmeiro. If the media gives him a pass(they shouldn't for any player as guilty as him or Bonds) that's the only type of white guy that will get a pass unforunately.

But that isn't the issue he messed up and jepordized where he will put himself among the all time greats. He disgraced himself, his family name, and his white race by trying to get around all this. Let us just all hope Palmeiro tells the truth and tries to redeem himself in some capacity in the eyes of white baseball fans. Hope he can see the error of his ways and finish his career strong.

Bart

Hall of Famer
We shouldn't be too tough on Barry. He's had a heck of a time rehabbing that leg which just doesn't seem to get better. He will most likely not play at all this year. Poor Barry, the first year MLB authorizes drug testing just happens to be the same yearhecan't play. Not to worry, by next year he'll have recoverd, all traces of juice will be long gone and then he will be tested andfound to be clean,quieting all critics.

G

KD52171 said:
Thats Barrys big argument.

He says that about past great White baseball players.

They didnt have to face the great ********.

Pump me up on d bol and give me a bat podnuhs.

I'll show you a middle aged white guy who can do some amazing things.
If you took steroids you would be just a middle aged white guy on steroids.

You have neither the talent or reflexes to ever play pro baseball.

Steroids do not give you extra talent.

KD52171

Guru
First, you dont know me.

Steroids give you size, strength, stamina, and confidence.

You are saying Barry was as good in his first few years as he was in his last few?

Idiot.

Hes just a pumped up better than average ballplayer.
Hes a damn cheater is what he is.

Kaptain

Master
Who's the retard who says Steriods don't give you any extra talent? Why are they taking them retard? Daaahhhh........