Pacquiao vs Cotto

jcolec02

Mentor
Yeah I know there not white, but I thought someone should start a thread about this fight between these 2 humble warriors. Both are very exciting fighters and have alot of class. The fight is tonight and I will be watching!!!
smiley17.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I want Pacquiao to win.  After that hopefully he gets a fight with afflete Gayweather and knocks him out.

Blue Devils

Mentor
I'm rooting for Cotto but I respect Pacquiao as he is a caste buster for Asians and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins. In fact, every time I've picked against the Pacman(with the exception of the Diaz fight) he's won.

Hopefully the winner gets Mayweather. Edited by: Blue Devils

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I have a lot of respect for both these warriors and I'm looking forward to an exciting fight tonight!
smiley20.gif

There's quite a contrast between the good sportsmanship and courageous fighting styles of these men, and the childish trash-talking and cowardly running of Mayweather and Haye. Edited by: Parody

Westside

Hall of Famer
Your right about these two Jcolec02, it refreshing not to hear constant affelet bravado and trash talk. These two just let their fist do the talking. I want Cotto to win, he is a great fighter and class act. I suspect Margacheato's fists were loaded when he was brutally KO'd two years ago.

I am predicting a 9th round TKO by Cotto. I don't think Pacman realizes how deceptively fast Cotto is and how hard he hits. Cotto is a master of timing fast fighters. I look at his victories over Judah and Mosely.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
For Pacquiao-Cotto, the streams on justin.tv will likely be shut down by HBO.

There is a program called ''TVU Player'' which is basicaly like Sopcast. Visit this link to download it:

TVU download

After download, install it...then a few seconds after you install it...click to open it...

OPEN

in the green highlighted area you will type this # (66563), that's the LIVE STREAM.

But the broadcasting will be just for the main event, starting at 9:30pm or at 10:00pm Eastern time - depending how quick the undercard fights end.

This stream CANNOT get taken down by HBO, since it's not a web stream like Justin which allows HBO to track it and delete it...this is a program INSTALLED in your pc, they don't have access to this, they can't take it down. TVU worked beautifully for the Fedor fight last weekend.

If for some unforseen reason TVU doesn't work, Sopcast should be streaming the fight as well.Edited by: Parody

jcolec02

Mentor
I think for Cotto to win the fight he needs to press the action and walk pacman down. Don't wait until the middle of the fight either, start off crowding him and don't let him jump in and out like he wants to because that's were his advantage is (see De La Hoya, Hatton fights). As for their character, Pacquiao before the Hatton fight, was almost too humble. I dont even remember him making a prediction, Hatton also showed class before the fight and they seemed to genuinely like each other and have mutual respect. It is very refreshing to see 2 no nonsense fighters who bring it in the ring, don't run from fights and always show character.Edited by: jcolec02

Westside

Hall of Famer
Regarding Pacman, I respect him as a person and obviously as a fighter. However, I think its quite arrogant of him to have this scheduled concert shortly after the fight featuring him singing!!! I wonder if the concert will take place if Manny is KO'd and carried out on a strecher? I suppose his second rate brother, a fight as well could step in and lip syng for him.
smiley36.gif
Just kidding, but Pacman does have that concert planned.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I am sure Miguel is hoping on cancelling that concert due to "artist unable to perform!"
smiley36.gif

j41181

Master
Pacman is the favorite 3-1. I have great respect for Cotto, but I think Pacman will win this one, by late round TKO, or a UD. Pacman is starting to prove what he's been doing in his last 4 fights:

gaining weight is easier than losing weight.

That's because losing weight affects one's stamina (De La Hoya, Hatton). I think Cotto will have stamina issues here. Paquiao has never had any stamina issues ever since he decide to invade the lightweight and welterweight divisions. He's the best chance of handing that arrogant Mayweather's first defeat.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Have you heard him sing. Picture William Hung with more polish. I think the 145 limit might wear on Cotto. He looked very drawn in recent photos. this might hurt his abilities down the stretch.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Miguel is the master of timing faster fighters, look at what happened to Mosely and Judah. Both hit alot harder that Pacman. The only question is Miguel stamina. If he can stay strong, Pacman is in for a world of hurt. Prediction: 9th round KO by Cotto.

On a side note what ever happened to Maple Leaf? He was an excellent writer and knew boxing. Does anyone know what happened to him? He is surely missed here.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
TVU stream is working beautifully. Gomez-Karass was just on, Gomez just won a TD.

I found working a sopcast stream too.

Lot's of streams HERE, but you need to download TVU or sopcast.

The Hock

Master
Westside said:
Miguel is the master of timing faster fighters, look at what happened to Mosely and Judah. Both hit alot harder that Pacman. The only question is Miguel stamina. If he can stay strong, Pacman is in for a world of hurt. Prediction: 9th round KO by Cotto.

On a side note what ever happened to Maple Leaf? He was an excellent writer and knew boxing. Does anyone know what happened to him? He is surely missed here.

A lot of late Cotto money is coming in. Hard to resist 3-1 odds with such a strong fighter as Cotto. Throw out the Margorito fight, the Mexican cheater's gloves were loaded. I would make Cotto the favorite, my only reservation being his chin.

Yeah I miss Maple Leaf's posts too. The guy really knows his boxing. IMO the smartest boxing guy that has been on this board.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Pac should take Miguel out in the 7th or 8th. Good to see Korobev win. Would love to see Yuri Foreman upset Santos.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Looks like Foreman will take the fight and we'll have another white champ at 154. Yet another division going white!

j41181

Master
Yuri Foreman is the new white champ! That makes 18 white boxing champions now! I saw the fight live, and what a great performance by Yuri Foreman!
smiley32.gif
smiley20.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Yuri Foreman wins a very wide decision (117-109, 117-109, and 116-110) and scored two knockdowns in the fight.

This guy has some very good technical skills.
smiley20.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
Yuri Foreman is the new white champ! That makes 18 white boxing champions now! I saw the fight live, and what a great performance by Yuri Foreman!
smiley32.gif
smiley20.gif

Awesome news!
smiley32.gif
smiley47.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Parody said:
For Pacquiao-Cotto, the streams on justin.tv will likely be shut down by HBO.

There is a program called ''TVU Player'' which is basicaly like Sopcast. Visit this link to download it:

TVU download

After download, install it...then a few seconds after you install it...click to open it...

OPEN

in the green highlighted area you will type this # (66563), that's the LIVE STREAM.

But the broadcasting will be just for the main event, starting at 9:30pm or at 10:00pm Eastern time - depending how quick the undercard fights end.

This stream CANNOT get taken down by HBO, since it's not a web stream like Justin which allows HBO to track it and delete it...this is a program INSTALLED in your pc, they don't have access to this, they can't take it down. TVU worked beautifully for the Fedor fight last weekend.

If for some unforseen reason TVU doesn't work, Sopcast should be streaming the fight as well.

It works well, thanks!