"Our Survival As A People"

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Outstanding article by League of the South President Dr. Michael Hill....

http://dixienet.org/rights/our_survival_as_a_people.php

That's good stuff. I might not be very religious, I might not be Southern, but I sure do like what that man has to say. If there were a bunch more of this type of guy in the pulpits across this nation we would not be in the mess we are today. Unfortunately I dont think there is any change to come in the direction we are headed. History is pretty clear about the winners and losers in demographic change. Southerns should understand that better then anybody.

Menelik

Mentor
That's good stuff. I might not be very religious, I might not be Southern, but I sure do like what that man has to say. If there were a bunch more of this type of guy in the pulpits across this nation we would not be in the mess we are today. Unfortunately I dont think there is any change to come in the direction we are headed. History is pretty clear about the winners and losers in demographic change. Southerns should understand that better then anybody.

Very good quote. When I went to the site one of the items caught my immediate attention:

[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]Q: [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Does the LS favour political secession as a legitimate option for Southern (and other) states? [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
[SIZE=+1]A: [/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Yes, but we realise that secession is not a practicable alternative at present. When enough people come to realise the futility of attempting to reform the present corrupt system, however, it will be practicable.[/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]

Secession? Really?

[/SIZE]

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The LS is hung up on the South still in many ways being an occupied territory and they want us to have control over our land once again. They view secession as being key to that. I agree with much of what they say, but I disagree with some of their take on the state of the current South and don't know that secession of the 13 Southern states could ever happen again under any circumstances. For example, the social order and demographics have changed too much in many areas for this to happen. If the U.S. economy collapses I could see local or regional territories becoming more important, but I see too much variation in the modern South for the old CSA borders to be resurrected. As much as I agree with the secession movement of 1860/1 and still believe in the idea, I do not think it is a viable solution today or in most scenarios in the future, even if enough people wake up. I think we should concern ourselves first and foremost with waking people up.