Ostrava Meet on Thursday!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hey guys. I'm really looking forward to this meet in Ostrava on Thursday. You have Matic Osovnikar running both the 100 & 200 meters. Craig Pickering will run in the 100.

Then you have Paul Hession going against Wariner in a rarely run distance of 300 meters. It should be interesting.

Those are just a few of the guys we will be watching. Let's get some predictions going here.

albinosprint

Mentor
white lighting, are you sure Pickering is running the 100? I just checked the start list and he is not on it.

G

I saw a 600 meter race once. It kind of pissed me off that a black 800 runner won it and a black 400 meter hurdle runner got second. The white 400 meter runner, Andrew Rock, got third.

I mean, how do you let a hurdler beat you?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm starting to think that the Pickering Camp decided on another meet instead. He has offers from multiple track meets so they must have changed their minds. I'm anxious to see him get his times down because in practices, Craig has been setting some new personal bests but of course that doesn't count. He has to do in on race day and I belive he will soon.

I'm kind of wondering why Paul Hession is runnning in the 300 meters. He is a strict 100/200 sprinter who is quickly coming into a very good sprinter over both distances. Why chance an injury at a longer distance in a race that doesn't do anything for you? I hope he doesn't push himself too much.

Hession, Unger, Leblanc and Osovnikar are the only guys consistantly running over both 100 & 200 meters. A good deal of the sprinters we root for only run in the 100. I like guys that double and like I've said before, I wish Pickering would just to build a better base.

albinosprint

Mentor
I sent Dallas a email through his youtube account and here is what he sent back.

hey buddy.... well I unfortunately 3 weeks ago in Atlanta pulled my hammy pretty bad. I am just now back up to jogging. I am pretty down about the whole deal but I just have to keep faith that God has a plan. The race can be seen on www.flotrack.com It was 58 degrees for the 100m on day 1. Bad times for everyone.

Sorry to let you or anyone else down. Keep me in your prayers bro

Dallas

well it looks like the trials are out for him, but i hope he sticks with this. at only 26 he still has a few more good years in him.

albinosprint

Mentor
my bad, posted that to the wrong topic! should be interesting to see JW & Hession in the 300m. i hope JW get the breaks the world record.

Poacher

Mentor
31.72(1st) for JW in the 300m. Not sure how to project that to 400m. American record is Johnson's 30.85 if that is any indicator.

G

Every 100 meters should be around 11 seconds in a 400 meter race so that 300 meter time is pretty fast.

Of course, the 300 meter mark is where sprinting becomes much harder and you slow down. So in a 300 meter race you don't have to worry about saving anything for the home stretch.