Omri Casspi

j41181

Master
After watching him play against the Lakers (109-108 loss), I see a special player in this fellow. Casspi plays with a lot of fire and determination you don't see in most white players (Yeah, he's Israeli and Jewish). He's quite raw, and needs to develop a mid-range and back to the basket game. He may also need to develop his ball-handling skills. But, considering his visible fire and grit, he may very well become that player. I can't wait to see this guy elevate his game in the next few years. I see a lot of AK-47 in him.

23 points (8-13 FG's, 3-4 3pt's, 4-4 FT's)
6 rebounds
1 assist
1 steal

On the otherhand, I'm really disappointed how Jerry Sloan marginalized the multi-skilled and athletically gifted Andrei Kirilenko. Very sad how Kirilenko has become in Utah now, just a marginalized role-player. Prior to the 2006-07 season, AK-47 was one the best players in the entire NBA, playing magnificent ball with a firey personality, which Jerry Sloan ruthlessly extinguished. I hope Westphal doesn't do this to Casspi.Edited by: j41181

guest301

Hall of Famer
Omri Casspi is quickly becoming one of my favorite players to watch. It was nice to see Hawes and Casspi drop 30 and 23 respectivley on the Lakers last night. The Kings are fun to watch and are starting to remind me of how much fun the Kings used to be in the early 2000's with Peja, Vlade, Jwill, Pollard and a couple others I am at a loss to remember.

j41181

Master
guest301 said:
Omri Casspi is quickly becoming one of my favorite players to watch. It was nice to see Hawes and Casspi drop 30 and 23 respectivley on the Lakers last night. The Kings are fun to watch and are starting to remind me of how much fun the Kings used to be in the early 2000's with Peja, Vlade, Jwill, Pollard and a couple others I am at a loss to remember.
Jon Barry (jerk), Hedo Turkoglu, and Darius Songaila.

Omri Casspi with another stellar game in a 99-91 loss to who else, Dallas! The present (Nowitzki) meets the Future (Casspi & Hawes).

22 points (7-16 FG's, 4-6 3pt's, 4-4 FT's)
11 rebounds
4 assists
1 steal
1 block

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
This guy is already a good starting player and well on his way to becoming a great one. Casspi seems to have that it factor. He is very confident with the ball in his possession! I'd like to see the Kings trade Kevin Martin for a better power forward to move Jason Thompson to 7th/8th man so Udrih can start alongside Tyreke Evans. The Kings should have beaten the Lakers with Udrih in the lineup if not for Udoka's missed free throws and Kobe's buzzer heroics. Udrih is very underrated!

guest301

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
guest301 said:
Jon Barry (jerk), Hedo Turkoglu, and Darius Songaila.

Omri Casspi with another stellar game in a 99-91 loss to who else, Dallas! The present (Nowitzki) meets the Future (Casspi & Hawes).

22 points (7-16 FG's, 4-6 3pt's, 4-4 FT's)
11 rebounds
4 assists
1 steal
1 block

Can't believe that I forgot Hedo and yes Jon Barry is a caste jerk and is the NBA version of Chris Collinsworth.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
I had forgotten Jon Barry was a King. I remember his brother Brent on Seattle and Houston and him winning the slam dunk competition with a "white men CAN jump" shirt. I think Jon Barry is like Tom Lemming...he knows there is a caste system, but is a lemming/coward and won't speak up AND do anything to change things for fear of losing his job. Not only do these guys not try to change things...they make it worse to fill their bank accounts with more millions. BTW, Jim Caldwell, Tony Dungy, Turner Gill, Mike McCarthy, Bill Polian, Marv Levy, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Draftdaddy, Phil Taylor of SI, Jemele Hill, J.A Adande and Mark May of ESPN and Troy Aikman are, if anything, pro-black, but they are not pro black enough for the Yahooligan/Rivals' Marxists in this day and age. Aikman at least trys a little bit to be fair to white football players so I can actually listen to him without muting it. These guys are having to tiptoe the issue because I guess partially fair is the best anyone in the mainstream can do...
smiley19.gif