Olympic Games basketball 2012 redux

Truthteller

Mentor
Basketball is the most popular sport in Lithuania. Latvia I believe both hockey and basketball are bigger than soccer. They are two of the only countries in Europe where soccer is not king.

Thanks for the info Matra, much appreciated. My original point was imagine if the state of Connecticut (similar size to Lithuania) had to put together a basketball team for the Olympics and only natives of the state could play on this team, coached by the odious 70 year-old wigger Jim Buffoon. You'd probably have nearly 40 year old Marcus Camby and teen Andre Drummond, plus 10 other blacks (as whites need not apply with James). Now, even though these blacks are reportedly "very special athletes", do you think Buffoon could assemble a team from Connecticut that could lose by less than 20 or 30 points to a "Dream Team"? I seriously doubt it.

Yet, somehow, someway, a very small, all-white nation can build a hoops squad that can go nose-to-nose with Lebron, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Melo and all these other Kosher approved stars year after year. They lost by a mere 2 points to the U.S in 2000. Beat the U.S in 2004....

Lithuania has like 1/100th of the U.S population. I wonder how our "Dream Team" would've fared if there where over 200 million Lithuanians, which would be similar to the white American population? Could King James and his crew even stay within 20 points of the Lithuanians? I seriously doubt it.

P.S: By the way, this is were I miss CF poster Zeus. I would love to read what he had to say regarding this whole situation in men's basketball.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
you've written some really good posts lately, truthteller. keep it up! :thumbsup:

on the women's side of things, Team USA is completely dominating ... with three awesome White girls providing a HUGE impact. "weird," huh?

in their most recent outing, Team USA routed China 114-66, and they weren't trying to run up the score.

Diana Taurasi led all scorers with 22, Lindsay Whalen added 10 points and 4 assists, and Sue Bird was the quiet general running the show.

dianataurasiscores.jpg

Taurasi flies to the hoop

lindsaywhalenscores.jpg

Whalen slices through the defense

Matra2

Master

jaxvid

Hall of Famer

bigunreal

Mentor
Yes, we must punish all those white "racists" in the stands. Goodness knows anyone who's been to a sporting event recently knows how many there are.

Meanwhile, the "sexy" Serena Williams does a violent gang dance in celebration, and "it's all good." I heard that idiot Dan LeBetard chastise those who criticized her, and said it was "extra cool" that she did her jig in a "lily white" environment.

As for basketball, can someone explain to me what happened to the other teams? Just a few Olympic games ago, several teams presented viable matchups vs. USA. Where have all those players gone? Did the magical Euros that replaced white Americans in the strict quota NBA go back in their caves? I thought Europe was full of basketball talent?

There is nothing to root for here.

jh4

Yes, we must punish all those white "racists" in the stands. Goodness knows anyone who's been to a sporting event recently knows how many there are.

Meanwhile, the "sexy" Serena Williams does a violent gang dance in celebration, and "it's all good." I heard that idiot Dan LeBetard chastise those who criticized her, and said it was "extra cool" that she did her jig in a "lily white" environment.

As for basketball, can someone explain to me what happened to the other teams? Just a few Olympic games ago, several teams presented viable matchups vs. USA. Where have all those players gone? Did the magical Euros that replaced white Americans in the strict quota NBA go back in their caves? I thought Europe was full of basketball talent?

There is nothing to root for here.
There are far more white players remaining in the Olympic tounament than black. Of the eight remaining teams, five are all-white or predominately white: Russia, Lithuania, Argentina, Australia (one black player) and Spain (one black player). There are two predominately black teams:
France & USA. And one mixed team: Brazil.
Lots of great white players to cheer for!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's amazing how easy a path the USA Team has had. They didn't have to play Spain or Russia even once. That's obviously partially because they are undefeated but it's still stupid in my opinion. They play Argentina again next after killing Australia. Mean while Russian and Spain get to beat each other up. Whom ever wins will probably be exhausted by having to play in back to back hard games. Oh well. I hoping it's Russia that comes out on top. I like thier chances better at the moment although Spain is just as talented. It's also very frustrating how hard it has been to watch these games. I haven't seen one full game the whole tournament. Only partial games. I will be watching these last few for sure. Let's go Russia, Spain or Argentina!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Spain defeated Russia and the U.S. and Argentina play later today. I would have prefered to see Russia win. They haven't played the US this year while Spain was easily beat shortly before the olympics started by the american team. I hope Spain can erase that memory from their brains because they looked horrible. Russia beat Spain a week ago but lost in the semi finals. Spain will need to rely heavily on the Gasol Brothers but they also will need to shoot the ball better while avoiding turnovers. I hope they can do it. Mean while the US will play Argentina for the 3rd time later today. What an easy path to the finals.

referendum

Mentor
Ironic about the alleged Lithuania fan making Nazi gestures, in that the Nazi regime allowed the Soviets to reannex Lithuania (it had been part of the Russian empire before 1917) as part of the Hitler Stalin pact. Then, when the German army took it from the Soviets (and stopped some scheduled deportations that the Soviets had planned btw), the Nazi regime failed to allow for the reestablishment of a free, independent Lithuania, like many Lithuanians were hoping for. Many Lithuanians certainly fought on the German side, as a way to fight the hated Soviets, but how many more would have flocked to the banners of an independent Lithuanian army fighting with the Germans had they been given a chance is a great what if question.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Ironic about the alleged Lithuania fan making Nazi gestures, in that the Nazi regime allowed the Soviets to reannex Lithuania (it had been part of the Russian empire before 1917) as part of the Hitler Stalin pact. Then, when the German army took it from the Soviets (and stopped some scheduled deportations that the Soviets had planned btw), the Nazi regime failed to allow for the reestablishment of a free, independent Lithuania, like many Lithuanians were hoping for. Many Lithuanians certainly fought on the German side, as a way to fight the hated Soviets, but how many more would have flocked to the banners of an independent Lithuanian army fighting with the Germans had they been given a chance is a great what if question.
The US held on to defeat a stubborn Spain. The game was in doubt until the final 2 or 3 minutes or so. Once again the overrated US squad couldn't dominate a fundamentally sound team that can run a basic zone and shoot the outside shot. I actually think the Melo Man might be a spy for Spain as he was a one man wrecking crew, throwing errant passes missing open looks and fouling.....:icon_lol:

referendum

Mentor
In terms of injuries, lets not forget Rubio out for Spain. Also, if Marc Gasol doesn't get his fourth foul in the 2nd period he would have played more. I think the game showed that while the US team is very good, the best of the European teams (Spain, and Lithuania for instance) aren't that far behind. Also, if Slovenia Croatia and Serbia were still one team (Yugoslavia) they might be up there as well. Of course if the Russian and Lithuanian team was combined as it was until 1990, it would be a better team as well of course.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Overrated, lolol. That's rich. If Spain was so fundamentally sound, they wouldn't have gotten thrashed by the Dream Team by 22 points a couple weeks ago, or lost 3 more games since then.

The refs slowed down the US attack in the first half be calling 32 fouls in 20 minutes.. 22 in the 10 minute 2nd quarter. They weren't allowed to get their rythym going 'cuz the refs kept falling for the patented Spaniard flopping. El Floppo Mucho!

The only reason it was even close was because Dwight Howard and Blake Griffin were injured. Tyson Chandler and Anthony Davis were both wastes of skin during the entire games. Also, Derrick Rose and Dwyane Wade would have easily contained Navarro.

Anyway, Team USA reigns supreme as expected. Another undefeated Olympics. A whopping 32 point average margin of destruction. In 2016 we re-tool and do it again.. then again in 2020, then again in 2024. Sorry!

How many times were you here before?

white is right

Hall of Famer
Overrated, lolol. That's rich. If Spain was so fundamentally sound, they wouldn't have gotten thrashed by the Dream Team by 22 points a couple weeks ago, or lost 3 more games since then.

The refs slowed down the US attack in the first half be calling 32 fouls in 20 minutes.. 22 in the 10 minute 2nd quarter. They weren't allowed to get their rythym going 'cuz the refs kept falling for the patented Spaniard flopping. El Floppo Mucho!

The only reason it was even close was because Dwight Howard and Blake Griffin were injured. Tyson Chandler and Anthony Davis were both wastes of skin during the entire games. Also, Derrick Rose and Dwyane Wade would have easily contained Navarro.

Anyway, Team USA reigns supreme as expected. Another undefeated Olympics. A whopping 32 point average margin of destruction. In 2016 we re-tool and do it again.. then again in 2020, then again in 2024. Sorry!
Celtic Pride you better hurry up you can still volunteer as a towel boy so that you can fantasize over your heros while they shower before the closing ceremonies. I don't think even Ato Boldon is a worse groupie than you. Anyway it's fun that your back Blackimus could you give us more charts about American domination of basketball? I still want you to explain why a country the size of Jamaica can come within a long three of beating Dream Team III and with 2 threes of tying this "unbeatable squad". This story will be a whopper.....

white is right

Hall of Famer
Last edited:

Truthteller

Mentor
Overrated, lolol. That's rich....Anyway, Team USA reigns supreme as expected. Another undefeated Olympics. A whopping 32 point average margin of destruction.

By the way Major A$$ wipe, that "whopping 32 point average margin" includes a 47 point win versus Tunisia (non white), a 27 point win over a Kosher approved French team, which was mostly black, and a 83 point win versus the African stars from Nigeria. That game alone skewed your numbers by over 10 per game.

How about these numbers, jackal: Against (Spain and Lithuania, the best teams you faced), your average margin of "destruction" was 6 points....And let's not forget, Lithuania is smaller than the state of Connecticut you stupid freak! Wow, your superheros are so special, with their 5 point "margin of destruction" against this tiny nation...this is the same nation, of course, that beat your heroes in 2004 and came a hair away from doing it 2000...too bad your heroes can't play more teams like Nigeria and Tunisia?

How many "Suppa Heroes" can you have on one team? Don't forget, you're only allowed 5 "Suppa heroes" in the game at once. Blake Griffin is way overrated. Decent rebounder, but after that all he can do is dunk. James and Bryant are the only reason the U.S didn't lose. Dwight Howard is only in 20's, but might be damaged goods due to back injuries...so much so, that "Superman" will wind up sitting out over six months due to a bad back...Hey, I thought he was a man of steel?

Also, clown boy don't forget this: Basketball in Europe is about as popular as Lacrosse, Water Polo and Men's volleyball are in the U.S. My guess is, outside of the big cities, 90% of Europeans could care less about basketball. Don't Believe David Stern's and Adam Silver's bull$hit that the game is wildly popular world wide. In nations like Spain, Italy, Greece and even Argentina (in S.A., but mostly Euro population) soccer is way more popular and by a very wide margin. For every kid that plays/watches/follows basketball in these nations, 30 to 40 kids play/watch/follow soccer only...take that to bank! Tell that to your friends at your local Synagogue or neighborhood ghetto barbershop....It would almost be like the Brits bragging they barely beat the U.S cricket team?

frederic38

Hall of Famer
a 27 point win over a Kosher approved French team, which was mostly black

there were 2 token white players, and they played very few, only nando de colo came in from time to time
the sport is most popular in the french islands in the caribeans, so a lot of our players come from there

regarding the sport's popularity in france:
4 players out of 12 were born in those french islands close to america
2 were born in africa
2 are the sons of foreign basketball players (batum and parker the american)

so out of the 12, only 4 could be considered regular french (2 blacks and 2 whites)
the 2 blacks were born in paris the blackest city in europe, and diaw was born to a professional basketball player

Also, clown boy don't forget this: Basketball in Europe is about as popular as Lacrosse, Water Polo and Men's volleyball are in the U.S. My guess is, outside of the big cities, 90% of Europeans could care less about basketball.

100% of the population don't care at all, except in lithuania i guess
we only watch it during the olympic games, but that's because there is no soccer :icon_wink: (the season did not start yet)

i'm 24 and i have watched less than 10 basketball matches in my life, all at the olympic games
i played it 2 times in my life, 1 time in scool because they force us to try new sports
and 1 time with friends during a summer, years ago

anyway we were really suprised that the USA had so much trouble beating spain

It would almost be like the Brits bragging they barely beat the U.S cricket team

exactly

Last edited:

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
How comically-pathetic to watch the “Jewish Wet Dream Team” dancing, slapping hands, gyrating, and performing a post-game, group dance routine on the court after “valiantly” prevailing over a nation that is nearly 20 times smaller in terms of land area (3,794,101 mi[SUP]2[/SUP] versus 195,000 mi[SUP]2[/SUP]) and nearly 7 times smaller in terms of population (47,000,000 people versus 314,000,000 people). Not to mention, the African Dream Team hails from a nation that invented the sport of basketball, features the world’s most modernized, expensive equipment / facilities, and by far the most financing…while the team they barely managed to defeat is perhaps the most soccer-crazed nation on planet earth, with only a small fraction of its young, male citizenry actually interested in basketball.

With all this taken into account, I can understand why this group of NBA “superstars” (boy, I’d hate to see how the NBA’s average, or even above average players would perform) were so overcome with unadulterated, gold-medal glee after scarcely surviving for the narrow victory over the Spanish side. Thankfully, Jew-S-A’s charming “super humans” weren’t tasked with playing an even smaller nation (Lithuania) with a squad featuring even fewer “big names” than Spain. Yes, puny little Lithuania, a nation that the “star-studded,” “all-world,” Team Jew-S-A slugs can barely manage to defeat, on their best day, with loads of luck, sometimes…

CAPTION: Drew Brees-ian “Group Celebration” After Defeating Little Spain

This “win” is the literal equivalent of the Spanish national soccer team defeating another soccer team that was entirely selected from the state of Wisconsin (which contains 6 million people, or 7 times smaller than Spain) and rejoicing as if they accomplished something special.

As for the homoerotic, ceasless troll who attempts to venerate these lame, razor-thin, unconvincing “triumphs” over puny nations with small populations and muted interest in the sport…well, the margin of “victory” grows ever-slimmer. Soon enough, the veil will be lifted and squads such as Lithuania, Greece, Argentina, Spain, Russia, Brazil, Turkey, Italy, Serbia, Australia, or even China or France will overtake your hardwood deities. Enjoy this laughable “victory” while it lasts, little girl, for the 11th hour has come and the time is near. Tick, tock...

Last edited:

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Lithuania is no Trump Card

Lithuania was far-from-perfect in pool play.. go check their record. They weren't a factor in these OGs, and didn't even play in the Bronze medal game. Lithuania also failed to medal in 2008, but they did appear in the Bronze medal game that year, losing to Argentina.

On the other side, the USA went UNDEFEATED in pool play. You can't get more perfect than that. In basketball, even the best team can have a cold-shooting night, but the USA didn't lose a single game in pool play. This year's Team USA relied almost-exclusively on perimeter shooting and they still went UNDEFEATED. This team was also built around offense, with very few defensive wizards on the roster, and the offense came through and led USA to the Gold.

Over a year ago, I told everyone that Lebron's outside shot was improved. I'm sure some people laughed at this, because - supposedly - Lebron is a "fake balla" with minimal skills... Well, after his huge Game 6 and 7 against Boston in the Eastern Conference Finals, while facing elimination, and this Olympic run to the Gold, what are people going to say now? If Lebron doesn't have the greatest skill-set in the world at this time, then who does? For Team USA -- Lebron, Durant and Love were essentially the only capable bigs they had. This team really could have used Dwight Howard's elite rebounding ability, but he was injured.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Lithuania was far-from-perfect in pool play.. go check their record. They weren't a factor in these OGs, and didn't even play in the Bronze medal game. Lithuania also failed to medal in 2008, but they did appear in the Bronze medal game that year, losing to Argentina.

On the other side, the USA went UNDEFEATED in pool play. You can't get more perfect than that. In basketball, even the best team can have a cold-shooting night, but the USA didn't lose a single game in pool play. This year's Team USA relied almost-exclusively on perimeter shooting and they still went UNDEFEATED. This team was also built around offense, with very few defensive wizards on the roster, and the offense came through and led USA to the Gold.

Over a year ago, I told everyone that Lebron's outside shot was improved. I'm sure some people laughed at this, because - supposedly - Lebron is a "fake balla" with minimal skills... Well, after his huge Game 6 and 7 against Boston in the Eastern Conference Finals, while facing elimination, and this Olympic run to the Gold, what are people going to say now? If Lebron doesn't have the greatest skill-set in the world at this time, then who does? For Team USA -- Lebron, Durant and Love were essentially the only capable bigs they had. This team really could have used Dwight Howard's elite rebounding ability, but he was injured.
You proved my point Lithuania is really a middle power that doesn't play a dynamic transition game and they played this "super team" tight down to the wire. If Spain had the depth to go 11 deep like the US the game might have been different. There were about 4 guys who never saw the floor against the US. Only Davis who was the Mulatto version of Laettner rarely saw the floor.

foobar75

Master
Deadlift, thanks for that analysis and good to have you and your pro-black commentary back. Everyone at CF desperately wants to know that Lebron is the best player in the world.In other news, do you believe 2012 will be the year of black QB, as Cam Newton, Vick, Griffin & co show the declining white QBs how it's done?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Deadlift, thanks for that analysis and good to have you and your pro-black commentary back. Everyone at CF desperately wants to know that Lebron is the best player in the world.In other news, do you believe 2012 will be the year of black QB, as Cam Newton, Vick, Griffin & co show the declining white QBs how it's done?

Why don't you please tell me that Team USA 2012 was the "perfect combination of offense and defense?" Just because it's Team USA basketball, that doesn't mean that an all-powerful God constructed the team.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:

Yes, I know…which makes Team USA’s toe-to-toe, 99-94 victory (in which they needed some extremely lucky shots to forge a narrow, comeback win) over this tiny northern European nation that much more dubious and telling.

Deadlift said:

The same argument can be made for Lithuania, who actually lost to a wretched Nigeria squad by 6 points during an Olympic qualifying game in July.

Deadlift said:

James may indeed be the best overall basketball player in the world right now…but his national team can still barely engineer razor-thin victories over nations with infinitesimal populations (comparatively speaking, sans Russia, China, and Brazil), inferior funding, equipment, facilities, coaching, scouting, and with little interest or national tradition in the sport of basketball.

And by the way, I’ll willing to bet that if you were “laughed at” by CF members, it was because of your embarrassing DWF-tendencies (which seem to wax and wane every few months), your NBA-obsessions, your SEC-fetish, the NFL teams and players you select for praise, and the weird manner in which you italicize and embolden random words and phrases.

Here’s a legitimate question for you (that you won't answer)…as a white man, why does the success of Team USA seem to excite you so?

628x471.jpg

CAPTION: Extra-Inebriated DWF’s Celebrate Basketball Gold

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes, I know…which makes Team USA’s toe-to-toe, 99-94 victory (in which they needed some extremely lucky shots to forge a narrow, comeback win) over this tiny northern European nation that much more dubious and telling.

The same argument can be made for Lithuania, who actually lost to a wretched Nigeria squad by 6 points during an Olympic qualifying game in July.

James may indeed be the best overall basketball player in the world right now…but his national team can still barely engineer razor-thin victories over nations with infinitesimal populations (comparatively speaking, sans Russia, China, and Brazil), inferior funding, equipment, facilities, coaching, scouting, and with little interest or national tradition in the sport of basketball.

And by the way, I’ll willing to bet that if you were “laughed at†by CF members, it was because of your embarrassing DWF-tendencies (which seem to wax and wane every few months), your NBA-obsessions, your SEC-fetish, the NFL teams and players you select for praise, and the weird manner in which you italicize and embolden random words and phrases.

Here’s a legitimate question for you (that you won't answer)…as a white man, why does the success of Team USA seem to excite you so?

628x471.jpg

CAPTION: Extra-Inebriated DWF’s Celebrate Basketball Gold
Maybe Deadlift is a male version of Linda Blair and he is posessed by a DWF....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDGw1MTEe9k

jaxvid

Hall of Famer

this sh!t is bad enough from the trolls........but members too???

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Thrashen,

You really want to "talk" to me when you said this in a previous post, and when I didn't initiate a talk with you in this thread (where, predictably, you take another swipe at Drew Brees):

As for the homoerotic, ceasless troll who attempts to venerate these lame, razor-thin, unconvincing “triumphs†over puny nations with small populations and muted interest in the sport…well, the margin of “victory†grows ever-slimmer. Soon enough, the veil will be lifted and squads such as Lithuania, Greece, Argentina, Spain, Russia, Brazil, Turkey, Italy, Serbia, Australia, or even China or France will overtake your hardwood deities. Enjoy this laughable “victory†while it lasts, little girl, for the 11th hour has come and the time is near. Tick, tock...

Italy? Australia? China???? As for the Argentines, this veteran team's run is over. They didn't medal in London, and when they send younger teams' to the OGs in 2016 and 2020, they'll have a very difficult time reaching the medal stand. It's clear that you mentioned Argentina simply because of their "past." Basketball talent is not churned out - and put into this world - as easily as an assembly line would for the common candy bar.

And by the way, I’ll willing to bet that if you were “laughed at†by CF members, it was because of your embarrassing DWF-tendencies (which seem to wax and wane every few months), your NBA-obsessions, your SEC-fetish, the NFL teams and players you select for praise, and the weird manner in which you italicize and embolden random words and phrases.

And this is coming from who.. our own Mr. Adjective?

I have the vast majority of posts in CFs Marc Gasol thread. Marc plays for Spain. Spain lost, and I've dealt with it. This "almost almost won" talk is deeply flawed. If Team USA won a close game in the Gold medal match, with everything on the table, that can be seen as a positive rather than a negative....