Defense:
DE Mike Kudla SR
DT Quinn Pit******* JR
WLB A.J. Hawk SR
MLB Anthony Schlegel SR
SLB Bobby Carpenter SR

whiteCB

Master
By the way Quinn's last name ends with what rhymes with dock so that's why the stupid censor put asteriks by it. What an idiot it can't diferentiate between actually saying the word and it being part of someone's name. I'll try Dick Enberg or Don *******roft.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Helk, white CB, you read my mind. You got OSU up before me. Oh well, I guess Don can take mine down if he wants. I knew you'd be watching for them.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

whiteCB

Master
Ohio State once again leading by example. As you can tell by clicking on the link Tressel recruits the best players regardless of race. Go ahead and view'em all there are some funny pics by Carpenter and especially Schlegel.

http://www.the-ozone.net/photo_app/photo.select.cfm?&numbero fentries=3&SportPTR=4&SessionPTR=8&OponentPTR=319&SortOrder= ASC

If that link doesn't work just go to http://www.theozone.net/

and just click on Photo Day

whiteCB

Master
Did anyone bother to click on my link above? I was trying to prove a point that OSU is probably the only national powerhouse to have a 65% white roster and with many white starters year in and out. If you look at the team photo you'll see I'm correct.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What's especially good about Ohio State is that they recruit and play a lot of good whites on defense. When Mike Vrabel was setting Big 10 sack records they had seven white starters on D. It's been quite a while since they played a white at receiver though.

The last stat I read on I-A is that 52% of the players are black. However that is misleading because the rosters are so large and many of the white walk-ons and "scrubs" never get a chance to play. I'd like to know the percentage when it comes to actual scholarships awarded. I'll bet the percentage of scholarships given to blacksis even higher than the percentage of black players in the NFL.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I hate this. What am I going to do with my
OH HOW I HATE OHIO STATE bumpersticker!

JoeV

Guru
It's a fine line between rooting for white players and rooting for the opposition. For example, I can never root for Ben Roethlisberger as long as he is a Steeler.

whiteCB

Master
Jim Tressel, once again bucking the caste system, has moved Brandon Schnittker from FB to HB. Brandon will be the 2nd string HB for the opener vs. Miami University sat. at noon on ABC(regional coverage only). Schnittker has shed 15 pounds and is down to about 230 right so he can perfrom better at HB. Tressel said he will receive significant playing time. I honestly can't remember the last white OSU HB; I'm not that old. Stan White Jr. a ,white FB, will be the new starting FB.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I don't know Tressell that well but I think he is so pissed off with the scandals that have nearly fried his ass at OSU with so many of the black athletes that he is trying to use a few as possible. I know his recruiting strength is in Ohio and most of those boys must be white.

What bitter irony, the hated Buckeyes attacking the caste system!

whiteCB

Master
Jaxvid is it just me or is the only reason Michigan always is ranked high in the polls, don't get me wrong they always have a good team, is because most of their starting line up is black. And all you ever hear about is how great Michigan's mostly balck recruting classes are and yet that talent never seems to add up to a ranking as high as their pre-season one was. Yet OSU and Iowa recruit pretty much 50/50 and never get a high recruiting rank and yet do just as well or better than Michigan. Oh yeah I love the "Coach Frentz never gets the best recriting classes but always gets the most out of his players." a.k.a. he never gets the big 5 star black players and some how all those white guys still do good.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
You are right. Michigan gets ranked high for a couple of reasons. Tradition most of all, they haven't had a losing season in 40 years and they usually finish somewhere up in the polls so the voters can usually be sure that UM at least competes for a while. And Michigan did "own" the Big Ten until Tressell came along.

But they are usually way over rated and underacheive as they often fall early. They can't win on the coast and usually lose their bowl games (although a lot of Big Ten teams do, it's a road game after all).

They are all black except at QB the offensive lineman tight end and a few linbackers/d-lineman, typical caste set-up.

I think UM draws most of the high ranked black talent in the midwest so OSU and Iowa are somewhat forced to recruit white players instead. Lucky for them.

You're right the high ranked recruiting classes which as we know are high ranked because of all the black players do nothing for them. At game time OSU, Iowa, Purdue, MSU, are just as likely to beat them as not.

But I don't care anymore I'm a Iowa or Wisconsin fan now (still can't bear to cheer for the Buckeye's yet
smiley2.gif
)

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It would be awesome to see that guy running. Will it be on national tv?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
check out what it says on Schnittker's bio at OSU:

... solid in all phases of the game, but has been used primarily as a blocker throughout his career ... has just five career carries, but is a strong runner and a sure-handed receiver ... would obviously like to carry the ball more, but willingly does whatever is best for the team ...

now he's finally getting a chance to tote the rock after all his unselfish, team-first behavior blocking for the black boys. this is the kind of guy a fan can really pull for! good luckBrandon!Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

JoeV

Guru
I don't think its on national TV, if you have the ESPN game plan you will be able to see it. It is a regional broadcast on ABC Saturday at 12. If he does good this week, I would love to see Brandon start against Texas on the 10th in what many are calling the game of the year. Imagine a white tailback tearing into a defense on a national TV audience!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I am quickly becoming more of a Ohio St. Buckeye Fan.To see a major school give chances to kids in this day and age is so exciting.Iowa deserves equal credit in the same conference.The Big Ten is probably the best conference in nation and they have 2 teams succeded while going against the Caste System.I can't wait to see this kid play and hopefully he will win the #1 tailback spot.

JoeV

Guru
Brandon Schittker had a nice touchdown run from like the half inch line.
smiley32.gif
He has gotten the ball a decent amount, but Pittman is obviously the feature back.

whiteCB

Master
Agreed Joe V, as Schnittker will probably get about 5-10 carries each game. He'll be the power HB on the team as Pittman is too small for say a 3rd a 3 play or 4th and 2. Oh yeah can't wait for Hawk, Carpenter, and Schlegel to smack the sh!t out of Vince Young. Who's gonna win guys OSU or Texas. My money is on the homwtown boys. Go Bucks!

JoeV

Guru
^^^ I posted that exact comment on another message board dude. Great minds think alike. With a point spread of only one, I would have to say this is the first five star lock of the year.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
In Columbus, with that crew of linebackers, they better shut Vince Young down or I will piss on Woody's grave, come to think of it I would like to do that anyway!

Bronk

Mentor
I have waited for this game since I was 12-years old. At last, Texas vs Ohio State.

I am old enough to remember the last white Buckeye HB a kid named Harrell, I believe. I also remember Brian Baschnagel.

Hook Em Horns!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
When did those two guys play HB at Ohio State?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I figured it must have been back then sometime. Thanks for the info Bronk.