officiating at international games

referendum

Mentor
One theory of why the caste system in the NBAis so strong is that officials are much more likely to call a foul on a white player. I even read about this in Black Planet, the writer of which was a strong liberal white, if I recall correctly. Now, I'm wondering if one reason why Argentina and Spain and Yugoslavia can beat, easily in some cases, an all black USA team is because the officiating is fairer. Hmm, maybe we should get FIBA to import some international refs, and send the NBA's to some ethnic sensitivity training where they can learn about how Argentine players are victims of IMF shenanigans, Lithuanians were victimized by Soviet dominiation for decades, and Germans by ethnic cleansing and the loss of about one quarter of their landmass. Think Stern would go for it?

Kaptain

Master
Its been a topic of discussion before on this site. I completely agree that officials and the way games are called these days favor black players and the wild, out of control, one on one style of basketball that they play. The NBA looks like street ball to me. There's no doubt in my mind that white players do not get the same type of calls that black players expect to get.
International basketball refrees haven't been subjected to the street ball type of games blacks in america play. They haven't learnt bad habits yet like American refs and call a much truer game.