Obama delegate calls black kids monkeys

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Illinois delegate for Obama resigns after 'monkey' remark
The Associated Press

CARPENTERSVILLE, Ill. --
An Illinois delegate for presidential candidate Barack Obama resigned Tuesday after she used the word "monkeys" to describe black children playing in a tree.

Linda Ramirez-Sliwinski, a trustee in the Chicago suburb of Carpentersville, was issued a $75 ticket for disorderly conduct after neighbors complained to police. She says the word wasn't meant racially and she will fight the ticket.

"Given the incident, Linda Ramirez-Sliwinski is stepping down as a delegate and will be replaced," said Obama spokeswoman Amy Brundage.

The incident took place Saturday, when two children were playing in a tree next door to Ramirez-Sliwinski's house.

She said the parents were outside supervising the children, but she went over and told them to get out of the tree because she was concerned about the boys' safety and because the small magnolia tree was being damaged.

The father of one of the boys told her it was none of her business, she said, and "I calmly said the tree is not there for them to be climbing in there like monkeys."

The mother of one boy called police.

Cmdr. Michael Kilbourne said a ticket was issued because the ordinance bans conduct that disturbs or alarms people, and one of the boys told police he was scared by her comment.

Ramirez-Sliwinski says she doesn't plan to run for another term on the village board.

A ticket today, arrest and jail time tomorrow. Edited by: White Shogun

Bear-Arms

Mentor
She was just being a concerned neighbor and this is the thanks she receives? They could have fell out of the tree and seriously hurt themselves. She only called them monkeys because they were climbing a tree, something monkeys do. It was a total misunderstanding. The black neighbors should be the ones apologizing for wrecking this ladies career over nothing.Liberals are totally wacky for letting blacks get away with this kind of thing.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
This is EXACTLY the kind of condescending, pandering media story I dislike.

Ironically, the people who complained reveal more of their own racism in doing so than reveal any inherent racism in the comment.

There is NOTHING racist about comparing a person's behavior to a monkey. If you say someone is behaving like a monkey, it means that that person is behaving in a wild, chittering, out of control and childish manner.

It becomes RACIST when you associate wild, chittering, out of control and childish behavior with black people.

To me, it seems that the lady who tried to warn the parents of the children was associating the wild, irresponsible behavior of the children with monkeys.

It took the incredibly incompetent parents to associate the wild irresponsible behavior of their own children with black people.

Once again, we have race-baiting black people obsessed with race and who are incredibly racist, yet somehow project their own racial hatred upon others, and the c**tified press won't call the whole situation correctly and instead panders to these imbeciles.

It seems that in addition to being racist, these black parents are also putting their children in danger and if the cop had any nut-sack at all he should have threatened to give the parents a ticket for endangering their children a million years before he mistook his job as being a member of the "thought police" and give someone a ticket for freely expressing their opinion.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Only reason the lady should have complained is if it was her tree or it was late at night and the kids were disturbing the peace. If the kids are climbing trees in their own yard, more power to them.

Not only that, the parents were in the yard supervising them.

The lady was being nosy and chose the wrong terminology to use against a black family in our totally mixed up, politically correct world. It's absolutely ridiculous she should be given a ticket for this because a kid, in his own yard with his parents present, said he was 'scared' by her comment.
smiley29.gif

When I lived in Carpentersville years ago, the kids climbing the tree would have been in trouble, not the helpful adult. Times have changed!
Note that she did not call them mokeys, she said they acted like monkeys. You critize the behavior.
I am unsure where the tree was. If it was on her property then she had every right to complain. If it was on the neighbors property, she was just being protective.
If blacks are "scared" by this comment, they must be raised as wimps. No wonder there are no good black QBs. If you are scared by the lady next door, you will never have the guts to stand when the front four charges in.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Gentlemen,

I'm no lover of blacks in any way. However, I don't see what's wrong with a kid climbing a tree. I was always climbing trees or anything else that could be climbed when I was a kid.

Of course, I disagree with the cop giving the woman a ticket for being a woman/disorderly conduct. If I'd been the cop, I would have told everyone to leave me alone and knock off the baloney.

There's just something about a boy climbing a tree that drives a woman out of her mind.

Tom...

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I think it's an insult to monkeys.

ex-cop in ga

Serves her right for being a delegate to that imbecile. She just got a taste of what life would be like in Obamaland(or the United States of Obamerica).

Alpha Male

Mentor
Ironic, that's for sure. White liberals never thought blacks would bite the hand that fed them. Edited by: Alpha Male

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
She was being a busy-body who should've minded her own business, BUT a ticket/citation is totally unnecessary. This is another example of (Marxist spawned) "political correctness" gone awry. Hopefully, some of the hoodwinked "liebrals" will awake to fact they've been totally deceived.