Novak Djokovic

icsept

Master
I’ve been watching. Alcaraz is the real deal. Novak needs to get him now, because it’s not going to get any easier the next few years. 23 majors will be an incredible record. If he doesn’t get it at the French (Alcaraz’ best surface), he will have a better chance at the Wimbledon or the US Open.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I’ve been watching. Alcaraz is the real deal. Novak needs to get him now, because it’s not going to get any easier the next few years. 23 majors will be an incredible record. If he doesn’t get it at the French (Alcaraz’ best surface), he will have a better chance at the Wimbledon or the US Open.

Yes I agree and it's easier with Nadal our for 5 months with surgery. His career may be over but Nadal says he will play 1 more year. We will
see. Djokovic has already lost too many finals and been robbed of others by the officials and covid protocol.

You never know but this may be his last chance. It's so hard to get a the finals of these Grand Slam Tournemanets. 2 weeks of battling through
player after player. Djokovic isn't young anymore so he has go get this title just in case. Hopfully 1 or 2 more by the end of the year but this
is a must in my opinion just incase things go bad the rest of the year. Father Time is cruel and it catches up to everyone. Go win it Novak!

Matra2

Master
I've also been watching too. Alvarez has looked sharper than Djokovic and is the rightfully the bookies favourite but I don't think I'd ever bet against the Serb. I agree with icsept though that time is on Alcarez's side but Djokovic has a better chance at Wimbledon or the US Open to break the record. If he doesn't break the record by Australia 2024 then he might not break the record.

Matra2

Master
Two unbelievable sets of tennis between Djokovic and Alcarez - one set apiece - before the Spaniard got cramps. The wily veteran made Alcarez run more - something commentator Jim Courier pointed out before he got cramps - and ended up with a 3-1 set victory. Whether he plays Zverev or Ruud he'll be favourite to break free from Nadal and win #23.

Small consolation is that Alacarez won the point of the tournament, maybe the year, but it is not up yet on YouTube.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Two unbelievable sets of tennis between Djokovic and Alcarez - one set apiece - before the Spaniard got cramps. The wily veteran made Alcarez run more - something commentator Jim Courier pointed out before he got cramps - and ended up with a 3-1 set victory. Whether he plays Zverev or Ruud he'll be favourite to break free from Nadal and win #23.

Small consolation is that Alacarez won the point of the tournament, maybe the year, but it is not up yet on YouTube.

I prefer Djokovic plays against Ruud. I think it's a little easier. Any opponent can be dangerous in a final but I'm hoping this is
Novak Djokovics time to shine. He went through so much crap with the US Open robbing him off a grand slam and then the
Australian Open not letting him defend his title. He could easily already have 24 or 25 by now. This finals could be the biggest
one of his entire career. Let's do this. Good luck Novak!

icsept

Master
The way Novak handled Alcaraz makes me believe that he can get to 25 majors. That’s a record that no way would be broken in my lifetime.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The way Novak handled Alcaraz makes me believe that he can get to 25 majors. That’s a record that no way would be broken in my lifetime.
Agree. I frankly don't see anyone approaching the magnificent careers of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic for a long time. We were very fortunate to be able to see three all-time greats, arguably the three greatest ever, play so well for so long.

Phall

Master

FyL9xyCX0AEN1YD

white lightning

Hall of Famer

If Novak can remain health he may win 25 or more majors. It's amazing how some guys bodies hold up better than others. Diet, Proper Sleep,
Good Trainers, Love of a Family, etc. etc. I keep waiting for him to have major injuries like Federer and Nadal but he just keeps on ticking
like a Timex Watch. Of course he is probably wearing a Rolex! Haha. Anyways, I'm just enjoying his tennnis and trying to soak it all up before
someday like all the greats he retires and goes on to enjoy his life with his wife and kids. He has earned it. Hope his body holds up for 1 to 2 more years and he can retire without major injuries or surgeries by trying to hang on too long like most do. It's very hard to let go of the fame!

NikoDuke

Mentor
If Novak can remain health he may win 25 or more majors. It's amazing how some guys bodies hold up better than others. Diet, Proper Sleep,
Good Trainers, Love of a Family, etc. etc. I keep waiting for him to have major injuries like Federer and Nadal but he just keeps on ticking
like a Timex Watch. Of course he is probably wearing a Rolex! Haha. Anyways, I'm just enjoying his tennnis and trying to soak it all up before
someday like all the greats he retires and goes on to enjoy his life with his wife and kids. He has earned it. Hope his body holds up for 1 to 2 more years and he can retire without major injuries or surgeries by trying to hang on too long like most do. It's very hard to let go of the fame!
If he stays healthy 27 majors and a 100 ATPs is quite doable.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
If he stays healthy 27 majors and a 100 ATPs is quite doable.
I’m not a tennis expert. Far from it but who’s going to step up in the next 3-5 years to stop Novak from being the favorite to win every major in that span? His whole career he was opposed by greats like Federer, Nadal and Murray but they are all gone now. I see Novak mainly battling Father Time, who gets everyone eventually, but I hope until then he wins every major. He’s a true hero for our people and humanity as a whole.

Matra2

Master
Djokovic plays Carlos Alcaraz in the Masters (Cincinnati) final this afternoon. Given Novak's age (36) this rivalry between the best of the last era (of all time really) and Alcaraz, the man to beat for the next decade, will not be a long term rivalry like with Nadal/Federer/Djokovic/Murray. So every encounter between them is a must-see event for tennis fans. My guess is that Novak will start to decline in the next year or so, or at least lose his ability to win long intense matches of the kind he's likely to face against Alcaraz.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Well, Djokovic got it done in a thriller and beat Alcatraz to claim another win. Amazing match to watch.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well, Djokovic got it done in a thriller and beat Alcatraz to claim another win. Amazing match to watch.

Yes it was great but I'm sure he would have rather won Wimbledon. I'm still bummed about that loss as his
time is short for grandslams. Very short as he is 36. One major injury and the dream could be over. I want him
to hopefully get a couple more grand slams.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
History was made as Novak Djokovic won his 24th Grand Slam which is the most of all time by two. Congrats again and this
one was very special to him as a father! This is so great for his whole family as well as his fans around the world.

6c4b5b9e295c71c8.jpeg