Notre Dame

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
ND picked up 2 commitments this weekend, a wide receiver John Goodman and lineman Braxton Cave, who along with Mike Golic Jr. are the first 3 commitments for 2008 Charlie Weis has received. Yes, ALL 3 are White!
smiley32.gif

I believe that Weiss is looking for WR's whom are both fast AND tall; a very rare combination. The vast majority of receivers (playing D1 football or in the NFL) are shorter then 6'2". So far Weiss has three WR's committed or at Notre Dame who have the dangerous combination.

07 commit Duval Kamara 6'5"4.6

06 commit Robby Parris 6'4"4.5

08 commit John Goodman 6'44.5

Goodman and Parris are both white. All other WR's at ND are 6'2" or shorter with most being around 6'0". The only other white WR at Notre Dame is Barry Gallup (5'11"4.44).

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Does Parris or Gallup have a chance to start this year? not sure what their WR depth chart looks like...

nhl411

Guru
i know gallup will only be either a sophomore or a rs freshman so i don't know how good his chances are....an aside on barry: i used to play hockey against that kid when we were both like 13 and he was an absolute animal. one of the fastest kids out there (along with myself haha) and he was just a beast

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Notre Dame picked up its 4th 2008 commitment, a defensive lineman from Illinois, Sean Cwynar. that 4-4 on white recruits for Weis thus far!
smiley32.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
smiley32.gif
AWESOME!

whiteCB

Master
OC football said:
I believe that Weiss is looking for WR's whom are both fast AND tall; a very rare combination. The vast majority of receivers (playing D1 football or in the NFL) are shorter then 6'2". So far Weiss has three WR's committed or at Notre Dame who have the dangerous combination.

07 commit Duval Kamara 6'5"4.6

06 commit Robby Parris 6'4"4.5

08 commit John Goodman 6'44.5

Goodman and Parris are both white. All other WR's at ND are 6'2" or shorter with most being around 6'0". The only other white WR at Notre Dame is Barry Gallup (5'11"4.44).

Weis saw the success of Samardjiza and realized that tall WRs beat up on short CBs.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
By the way, the newest recruit, Sean Cwynar is a rare white player that isn't a QB or OL who made the Rivals250 to watch for, he figures to be a DE in the 3-4 alignment ND will be running.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Wow, 6-7! If he's any kind of decent athlete, it will be hard to keep someone his size off the field. 5 whitesis good, lets keep em coming!

REDNOSE

Guru
ND is on pace to sign about 60 % white recruits this year. Maybe more. I know that we are 5 for 5 right now, but there are several black athletes that have been offered but haven't signed yet. Wouldn't it bring a tear to the eye to see a prominant team such as ND sign about 20 whites in one year?! Here's hoping they sign the burner, Sam McGuffie as well. Keepem rolling in Weis!

ND appears to be targeting several whites to play CB... Weiss also has a few
safety's on his list as well as a white "all purpose back".

At the linebacker spots Weiss has a good number of whites targeted..... This
could be a banner year....

More on that 6'7" TE.... He has been clocked running the 40 in 4.7 seconds!
However, he is listed with a 4.8 ...... AND HE IS ONLY A JUNIOR.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I have recently become a Notre Dame fan over the past two years since Weiss has got there and have gotten all caught up in the tradition and larger than life persona that the university gives off. Touchdown Jesus, Knute Rockne, the Gipper, the Four Horseman, Rudy,the fight song,past Championships and Heisman's. It's really encouraging with Brady and the Shark leaving, that Weiss continues to recruit white athletes at such a high percentage. Check out ESPN's magazine's story on QB recruit Jimmy Clausen. I hope he is half as good as the hype he is getting. They have a pretty good basketball team as well that's well represented by quality white players.

SPRING TRAINING UPDATE

THE OFFENSIVE LINE
* As you may know Chris Little will not be with ND.
* Offensive guard Chris Stewart is being moved to the DL.
* Weiss has JOHN SULLIVAN and SAM YOUNG "set" with starting jobs on the OL.
* These developements mean that ND will, almost certainly, have an all white offensive line this year. Perhaps the only among ranked teams.

LINEBACKERS
* JOHN RYAN: Defensive end John Ryan is being moved to outside linebacker. He has been impressive thus far.

TIGHT END
* WILL YEATMAN is keeping up with the rest of TE's despite his focus on Lacrosse... He seems most likely to start in the 2 TE set along with John Carlson. The TE competion is a, very competative, all white affair.

WIDE RECEIVER
* ROBBY PARIS: If the season started today 6'3" freshman Robby Parris would be third on the depth chart, meaning he would see the field in the 3 WR sets. Robby has, thus far, proven himself to be more effective then Ashley McConnell, DJ Horn, and Richard Jackson. This despite the fact that both Horn and Jackson were more highly touted. Robby's primary difficulty: blocking. Weiss will not start a reciever who can't, or doesn't, block. Parris gets daily phone calls from Jeff Sabardja (sp).
* George West and David Grimes currently are ahead of Parris. Both West and Grimes are sub 6'0" WR's. It has been suggested that Weiss may need a height upgrade.
* BARRY GALLUP seems to be burried in this very tallented group of WR's... It is an all out battle for those starting spots at ND.

FULLBACK
* LUKE SCHMIDT is focusing on becoming a better blocker. Luke says he got a good look at tailback. He himself contends that he was simple not as tallented as some of the others. He is happy that he at least got a chance. Schmidt, however, has proven himself to have good hands and to be much faster then current fullback Aschley Schwarpp. And Weiss maintains that Luke could be a rushing threat even at fullback. To keep Schmidt fast and agile Weiss says he will try not to bulk him up to much. At 6'3" and with the kind of athletic tallent Schmidt is blessed with; he may end up being an impact player for the Fighting Irish even if he is officially considered a fullback.

QUARTERBACK
Weis' main concern with the quarterback situation right now is finding the guy who can run the offense efficiently in terms of getting the play from the sidelines and getting the offense lined up properly. His second concern is with getting his quarterbacks familiar with progression reads vs. coverage reads. Third is the accuracy with which each quarterback is delivering the ball. Weis "wants the best guy" under center regardless of who may be the fastest or who has the strongest arm. He said he will mold the offense around what his starter does the best. This position is completely up for grabs.

PLAY CALLS
Weiss says the 11th player on offense will be interchangeable between being a full back, second tight end, or third wide receiver. This is very good news for Yeatman, Schmidt, and Parris as it means that at least one of them will be on the field at all times.

Edited by: OC football

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sounds like some good things are happening in South Bend! I hope it keeps up.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I hope the Irish keep rolling and show guys like Massah Bowden that you don't need to recruit pottery class students to be a national contender...
smiley32.gif

Rivals.com has put up its ND depth chart for now....

It shows Even Sharply starting at QB and Schmitt still as the second string
FB..... they have Robbie Parris as the teams third WR and Reuland as the
second TE.

Bottom line, the starting lineup differs according to source, and quite
understandable.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That would be a big affirmative backrow, he's Paul's younger brother.

REDNOSE

Guru
Looks like those racists at ND have done it again. They went and signed another white player to make the tally 7 of 7. And the gall of signing a white linebacker! The kid is named Anthony McDonald out of California. He is a highly rated player that was nabbed out of USC's backyard. This is really exciting and I am really looking forward to the future of ND football.

backrow

Hall of Famer
TWO WHITE LBs? oh man, i am afraid that some poor opressed fellow will go apesh*t an ND will be accused of racism...

go Irish!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Cool deal! This new Irish recruiting is to my liking so far.
smiley32.gif