Notre Dame Spring Practice

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Read a report of the ND Spring practice, and the team sounds pretty good so far...

The whites that were on the first team offense were:
QB Brady Quinn
RT Paul Duncan
RG Brian Mattes
C Bob Morton
LG Dan Santucci
WR Jeff Samardzija
TE John Carlson

The defense looked like this:
DT Derek Landri
LB Steve Quinn
LB Anthony Vernaglia
S Tom Zbikowski

So far so good from Notre Dame, I'll see what other teams practices I can list for everyone here... ND also ran a lot of 3 WR sets and Chase Anastasio is in good shape to be that #3 WR...

whiteCB

Master
It should be a fun and exciting year for Notre Dame football. Samardzija is my favorite player on offense and Zbikowski on defense. I mean how can you not root for those guys.

G

As of last year I became a fan of ND due to Quinn, Smardija and Zbikowski. With them returning I have alot to cheer for. Samarzija is going to be great next year...it really irks me how when I go on other sites Maurice Stovall is getting alot of draft hype when he did not do anything until Jeff came along and benefitted from the double teams on Jeff. Zbikowski is my favorite college player hands down...love how he plays and should become a great role model for kids who need one...a talented blue collar work ethic guy that knocks the snot out of people on the football field and boxing ring. Quinn is going to be a good one as well...all the people who are hating on ND and Weis and think that they got way to much credit are all just secretly hating that ND is fielding supreme athletes that are white.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
I didn't see his name in the report, but I believe he played safety on the 2nd string.. lemme see if i can verify this...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good video! I hope Notre Dame is even whiter and even better this year. The Blue-Gold spring game is April 22 at 1:35 PM Central. Maybe it will be on ESPN.

whiteCB

Master
Wow dude I just love that Jeff Samardjiza. I mean how funny is it at the end of the video when he's hot doggin it by brushing off the ND clover on his jersey and then aganist Stanford he's waving the black DB to come over and catch him as he's waltzing into the endzone. Jeff should teach a course to other white football players that its ok to show off a little.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That's what I was thinking when I saw that. I bet that black CB felt about an inch tall!
smiley36.gif
Notice how small he is. Even if he could catch Jeff, he couldn't bring him down.

joshinva

allright, so is Notre Dame the team to go for this year? Any teams from the Pac 10? Penn State?Ohio State this year? I seem to recall a couple years ago both Florida and Arkansas had quite a few whites(for an SEC team of course) Any SEC teams worth watching? I am leaving up to you all to tell me who to go for. Thanks Josh

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Josh, if I were you I'd begin to look at the teams you already like and see how white they are. If none of them are very white, check out the teams on the first post of my "Whitest 2005 College Teams" thread a couple of pages into this College Football topic. Most of the teams we listed in that first post are white friendly or at least majorit white most years. There are teams from every conference on that list and you should find more than one you like. I'm not about to tell anyone who to root for, but I can suggest some teams that are majority white and fun to watch. Notre Dame, BYU, Ohio State, Colorado State, Boise State, and Utah are all fun teams to watch. As far as the SEC goes, Vanderbilt and Kentucky are usually the whitest teams. Arkansas has gotten blacker over the last few years, even thought they have white stars. Alabama might be a whiter and more fun team to watch this year. Beginning in the middle of the summer, most schools will start to release the information on their probable starters for 2006, as will the college football sites. I hope I can provide some info like I did last year. Personally, I am very encouraged about the direction Notre Dame could potentially be going. We will have to wait and see if the trend continues over the next 2-3 years.

whiteCB

Master
Josh if you want a non-BCS team to root for then there are plenty of options: Boise St, Ohio U., Miami U., Colorado St, BYU, Utah, Rice, ect.. Though if your looking for a big time college program to choose from you'll have less choices. Certainly Iowa, Ohio State, and Notre Dame will lead the way for the powerhouse programs. Then you got other good teams like Iowa St, Nebraska, Penn St, ect...