Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here is a look at the Irish' probable white starters for 2005.

Offense
QB-Brady Quinn
TE-Anthony Fasano
LG-Bob Morton
C-John Sullivan
RG-Dan Stevenson
RT-Mark LeVoir

Defense
LE-Chris Frome
NG-Derek Landri
DT-Brian Beidatsch
SS-Tom Zbikowski

Look for Anthony Vernaglia to get some playing time at FS, as well as Jake Carney at the SS spot. Matt Shelton will likely see a similar role at WR as in 2004, with somewhat limited playing time behind Stovall, but watch out for him when he gets on the field, as Don and JoeV mentions, he will tear it up.Edited by: Colonel_Reb

JoeV

Guru
Don't they have a white wideout in there somewhere? I remember some white kid torching the Michigan secondary last year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Joe, you're thinking of Matt Shelton, whohad some huge games last year. He was one of the fastest players in I-A but of course generated no interest from the NFL. If his name was Jamaal Shelton it would be a different story. He averaged 25.75 yards per catch last year, reminiscent of Chase Lyman. Here's a bio:

[url]http://und.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/shelton_mat t00.html[/url]

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the info on Matt, Don. He is listed behind Stovall at WR. I neglected to mention Matt as someone who will definitely see the field some this year. I have tried to do this in some cases, but not in all. You guys keep me informed of anyone else who has a reasonable shot at seeing some decent playing time and I'll add them to the post.